On Wednesday night’s episode of NXT television, three matches were made official for NXT's upcoming return to Brooklyn.
After making his first appearance on NXT TV last week, Bobby Roode will compete in his first televised match for the brand against Andrade “Cien” Almas at NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn II.
Roode had been shown on camera at the last two TakeOver specials and has extensively worked the NXT live event circuit, but TakeOver will be his first real chance to show what he can do inside of a WWE ring.
It was also made official that The Revival will defend their NXT Tag Team Championship against the team of Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa in Brooklyn. The two teams have been going at it for a while, with Gargano and Ciampa owning a victory over the champions from earlier this year.
And the show will see the TakeOver debut of No Way Jose as he takes on Austin Aries.
NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn II will take place on August 20th at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, NY. The updated card is:
- NXT Champion Samoa Joe vs. Shinsuke Nakamura in a title match
- NXT Women's Champion Asuka vs. Bayley in a title match
- Bobby Roode vs. Andrade "Cien" Almas
- NXT Tag Team Champions The Revival vs. Johnny Gargano & Tommaso Ciampa in a title match
- Austin Aries vs. No Way Jose
- Ember Moon's debut