In an interview with CBS Sports, Paul "Triple H" Levesque addressed Velveteen Dream's return to NXT television.
Dream (real name Patrick Clark) returned to NXT TV last Wednesday for the first time since allegations were made against him during the #SpeakingOut movement. Triple H told CBS Sports that WWE "looked into what was there and didn't find anything." He also said a car accident that Dream was involved in on June 26 is the reason that Dream was taken off TV.
"You know, in this day today, accusations are made and you take them all very seriously," Triple H said. "You look into them the best you can, and you find out what is there and what isn't. In this situation, [Dream] was also involved in a car accident. That's what took him off TV. In the moment, all this other stuff happens and you look into it and you find that there is a situation that people bring to everyone's attention, you look into it and find that it is what it is and there's nothing there.
"Everything that we have done, we are comfortable with him continuing to do what he does and everything else. But he had a car accident. It stemmed down to people thought we removed him from TV for different reasons. We didn't. He was in a car accident.
"Once he was medically cleared to be able to return to the ring from his car accident, we continued forward the way we did. We looked into what was there and we didn't find anything."
Dream didn't respond to the allegations that were made during the #SpeakingOut movement. In April, Dream posted a statement denying an allegation of inappropriate behavior that was made against him.
Dave Meltzer wrote in last week's edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter regarding Dream's return to TV:
Velveteen Dream returned on the 8/12 NXT show as the mystery man in the three-way. He had been off TV since more allegations were claimed about him regarding inappropriate behavior. WWE had kept him on television after the first set of allegations, which had what appeared to be audio proof of his voice, but those who made the allegations then disappeared from public view and it was thought to be a dead issue. Then a few weeks later, another person came out. WWE said nothing and Dream, in the middle of a main event program with Dexter Lumis against the Undisputed Era, disappeared and his name was never said again. He returned in a three-way match with Kushida and Cameron Grimes, where he neither won, nor got pinned, which leads him to a singles match with Finn Balor for next week. Dream after the match did a heel turn attacking Kushida after he had lost. Josh Fuller, who was the latter claim, said that he was disappointed when he saw Dream back on the show, and said that he came forward with his name and if there was a WWE investigation, he was never contacted.
Dream returned as the mystery participant in last week's triple threat TakeOver XXX qualifying match against Kushida and Cameron Grimes. Grimes pinned Kushida to advance to the ladder match for the vacant NXT North American Championship at TakeOver, while Dream will face Finn Balor in a second chance qualifying match this Wednesday.