Two rematches from Extreme Rules will be taking place at SummerSlam.
Braun Strowman vs. Kevin Owens has been announced for the pay-per-view, along with Seth Rollins again challenging for Dolph Ziggler's Intercontinental Championship. Owens vs. Strowman has a stipulation where, regardless of how he wins, Owens will get the Money in the Bank briefcase if he defeats Strowman.
In storyline, Owens suggested the match and stipulation on tonight's episode of Raw. Kurt Angle called it absurd, but Stephanie McMahon overruled him.
Owens defeated Strowman in their steel cage match at Extreme Rules when Strowman threw him off the cage and through the announce table. Ziggler retained against Rollins in their 30-minute Iron Man match after they went into overtime tied at 4-4. Ziggler hit the Zig Zag to win after a distraction from Drew McIntyre.
Rollins teamed with Finn Balor against Ziggler & McIntyre on tonight's Raw. Rollins pinned Ziggler with the Curb Stomp before their match was announced for SummerSlam.
The Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York will host SummerSlam on August 19. Here's the updated card:
- Universal Champion Brock Lesnar defending against Roman Reigns or Bobby Lashley
- Raw Women's Champion Alexa Bliss defending against Ronda Rousey
- WWE Champion AJ Styles defending against an opponent that will be announced on this week's SmackDown
- Intercontinental Champion Dolph Ziggler defending against Seth Rollins
- Braun Strowman vs. Kevin Owens (Owens gets Strowman's Money in the Bank briefcase if he wins)
- SmackDown Tag Team Champions The Bludgeon Brothers defending against the winners of SmackDown's tag team tournament