There are now five matches officially set for NXT TakeOver: San Antonio as WWE may have rounded out the card on the episode of NXT TV that aired on the Network tonight.
Two matches were announced for the Royal Rumble weekend show. Roderick Strong will make his TakeOver debut in a match against Andrade "Cien" Almas, while Eric Young will have his first match on one of NXT's quarterly specials as he takes on Tye Dillinger.
After cutting a promo on tonight's episode about the disappointment he's faced in the ring lately, Dillinger refused Young's invitation to join SAnitY before being laid out by Big Damo to set up the match. Strong defeated Steve Cutler and then said in an interview that he came to NXT to win the title.
NXT TakeOver: San Antonio will take place on January 28th at the Freeman Coliseum before the city's Alamodome hosts the Royal Rumble the next night. The updated card for the show is:
- NXT Champion Shinsuke Nakamura defending against Bobby Roode
- NXT Women's Champion Asuka defending against Billie Kay, Peyton Royce, and Nikki Cross in a fatal four-way match
- NXT Tag Team Champions DIY defending against The Authors of Pain
- Roderick Strong vs. Andrade "Cien" Almas
- Eric Young vs. Tye Dillinger