After announcing the match last week and then removing him from it the next day, Rusev is once again scheduled to face The Undertaker at the Greatest Royal Rumble.
WWE added Rusev back into the casket match today, taking the place of Chris Jericho. Jericho was originally announced for the show's 50-man Royal Rumble before briefly being slated to wrestle Undertaker.
The storyline explanation for Rusev being replaced was a tweet from Lana where she wrote about lobbying for the change, and WWE had her send out another tweet before revealing that he was back in the match: "After much thought, I have notified @WWE officials that I have changed my mind. @RusevBUL will celebrate #RusevDay by burying The Undertaker in the sands of Saudi [Arabia] and will win the Casket Match at #WWEGRR ! #RusevCrush ! Have a Happy Rusev Day!"
King Abdullah Sports City Stadium in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia will host the Greatest Royal Rumble on April 27th, with it airing live on the WWE Network at noon Eastern time. Here's the updated card:
- 50-man Greatest Royal Rumble match
- Universal Champion Brock Lesnar defending against Roman Reigns in a steel cage match
- John Cena vs. Triple H
- The Undertaker vs. Rusev in a casket match
- Intercontinental Champion Seth Rollins defending against The Miz, Finn Balor, and Samoa Joe in a ladder match
- Cesaro & Sheamus vs. either Matt Hardy & Bray Wyatt or The Revival for the vacant Raw Tag Team titles
- SmackDown Tag Team Champions The Bludgeon Brothers defending against The Usos
- WWE, United States, and Cruiserweight Championship matches that have yet to be revealed