A United States title match is the latest addition to the card for SummerSlam.
Sheamus will defend his United States Championship against Damian Priest at SummerSlam on Saturday, August 21. The match was announced after Sheamus accepted a challenge from Priest on tonight's episode of Raw.
Priest was set up as the next challenger for the United States Championship when he defeated Sheamus in a non-title match on Raw two weeks ago.
Sheamus and Priest both picked up wins on tonight's Raw. Sheamus defeated Ricochet in a non-title match, while Priest defeated John Morrison. Priest then challenged Sheamus to face him at SummerSlam. Sheamus accepted and vowed to put Priest in his place.
Sheamus has been United States Champion since winning the title from Riddle at WrestleMania 37 this April.
SummerSlam is taking place at Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas. Here's the updated card for the pay-per-view:
- Universal Champion Roman Reigns defends against John Cena
- WWE Champion Bobby Lashley defends against Goldberg
- SmackDown Women's Champion Bianca Belair defends against Sasha Banks
- Raw Women's Champion Nikki A.S.H. defends against Charlotte Flair and Rhea Ripley in a triple threat match
- Edge vs. Seth Rollins
- SmackDown Tag Team Champions The Usos defend against Rey & Dominik Mysterio
- United States Champion Sheamus defends against Damian Priest