This year's TLC pay-per-view has its first official stipulation match.
The Universal Championship will be on the line as Roman Reigns defends against Kevin Owens in a tables, ladders, and chairs match at TLC. The pay-per-view is taking place on Sunday, December 20.
On tonight's episode of SmackDown, Owens interrupted an interview with Reigns and challenged Reigns to put the Universal title on the line against him in a tables, ladders, and chairs match at TLC. Reigns said Owens being on his island of relevancy is the best thing that will ever happen to Owens. Reigns said he doesn't back down from any man or fear anyone. He then accepted Owens' challenge.
As Reigns was leaving, Owens called Reigns a bitch for not fighting him right now. Jey Uso had accepted a challenge on behalf of Reigns for Reigns to fight Owens then and there.
Reigns told Uso last week that Owens doesn't look at him with fear and ordered Uso to change that. Owens faced Uso in last week's main event. The match ended in a disqualification when Uso attacked Owens with a steel chair, but Owens turned the tables by hitting a stunner. He sent a message to Reigns by beating down Uso to close the show. As Reigns watched on the monitor backstage, Owens asked where Reigns was and said he would be waiting for him.
Reigns has been Universal Champion since defeating Braun Strowman and "The Fiend" Bray Wyatt in a no holds barred triple threat match at Payback this August.
Here's the updated card for TLC:
- Universal Champion Roman Reigns defends his title against Kevin Owens in a tables, ladders, and chairs match
- WWE Champion Drew McIntyre defends his title against AJ Styles
- SmackDown Women's Champion Sasha Banks defends her title against Carmella
- Women's Tag Team Champions Shayna Baszler & Nia Jax defend their titles against Asuka & Lana
- Randy Orton vs. "The Fiend" Bray Wyatt