Update on if WWE will be heading to Saudi Arabia this summer

WWE Night of Champions 2026

WWE held a Town Hall event yesterday with talent and staff, with several parts of the business being addressed directly with Triple H and Nick Khan.

According to a new report from PWInsider, one of the big announcements coming out of the Town Hall was that WWE will still be heading to Saudi Arabia in June. Initially, there was concern among many about going over to the Middle East with the ongoing war between the United States and Iran. It appears now though that the company will still be heading to Riyadh, as of writing:

Regarding Saudi Arabia, we are told they said the June event is still on (as are other events down the line) and that they are not concerned about going there. – PWInsider

WWE confirmed to be heading to Saudi Arabia

TKO head Mark Shapiro revealed a few weeks ago at a TKO investors call during his pre-recorded opening monologue that all TKO Saudi Arabia events would still be going ahead. With the US war with Iran still ongoing ,there were question marks as to whether TKO properties would still be in a position to head over, which does appear to still be the case.

Shapiro said he wanted to “address activity in the Middle East and neighboring markets” by saying “we are firmly moving ahead with our scheduled events” that includes a UFC Fight Night in Azerbaijan and WWE Night of Champions in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia — both on June 27 — made possible by their own commitment and their respective partners “even and despite a challenging environment.”

He then added that despite Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fun pulling their funding of the LIV Golf league, “our partners in Saudi Arabia have confirmed that will not be the case with TKO. Their commitment to our properties in 2026 and beyond is unwavering.”

Jake Skudder
Jake Skudder

Jake is an SEO-minded Football, Combat Sports, Gaming and Pro Wrestling writer, successful Editor in Chief, Sports SEO Coordinator for NationalWorld and SEO Writer for F4Wonline.com. He has more than ten years of experience covering mixed martial arts, pro wrestling, football and gaming across a number of publications, starting at SEScoops in 2012 under the name Jake Jeremy. His work has also been featured on Wrestling Headlines, Wrestlingnewsco, HotNewHipHop, The Hard Times and Sportskeeda.

Previously, he worked as the Editor in Chief of 24Wrestling, building the site profile with a view to selling the domain, which was accomplished in 2019. Jake was previously the Editor in Chief for FightFans, a combat sports and pro wrestling site that was launched in January 2021 and broke into millions of pageviews within the first two years. He previously worked for Snack Media and their GiveMeSport site, creating Evergreen and Trending content that would deliver pageviews via Google as the UFC and MMA SEO Lead. Jake managed to take an area of GiveMeSport that had zero traction on Organic and push it to audiences across the globe. Jake also has a record of long-term video and written interview content with the likes of the Professional Fighters League, ONE and Cage Warriors, working directly with the brands to promote bouts, fighters and special events.

He previously worked for the (then) biggest independent wrestling company in the UK, PROGRESS Wrestling, as PR Head and Head of Media across the social channels of the company.