The hype for the return of the XFL picked up today with the team names and logos for the league being revealed.
XFL CEO and commissioner Oliver Luck, ESPN's Laura Rutledge, and Fox Sports' Colin Cowherd revealed the names and logos. The eight teams for the league are listed below, along with their head coach and general manager:
- St. Louis BattleHawks (Jonathan Hayes)
- Tampa Bay Vipers (Marc Trestman)
- New York Guardians (Kevin Gilbride)
- Seattle Dragons (Jim Zorn)
- LA Wildcats (Winston Moss)
- DC Defenders (Pep Hamilton)
- Houston Roughnecks (June Jones)
- Dallas Renegades (Bob Stoops)
The inaugural season of the revived XFL will kick off on Saturday, February 8 and Sunday, February 9, 2020. In May, the XFL announced a television deal that will see games air on ABC, FOX, ESPN, ESPN2, and FS1. The playoffs will take place on April 18 and April 19, with the championship game airing on ESPN on April 26.
The return of the XFL was officially announced by Vince McMahon at a media event in January 2018. The cities and venues for the league's teams were then revealed last December.
Last week, quarterback Landry Jones was confirmed as the first player who has signed with the XFL.
Video of the team names and logos being revealed is available to watch below: