The next challenger for Brock Lesnar's Universal Championship will be decided at Raw's Extreme Rules pay-per-view
Kurt Angle announced the main event for the PPV during the opening segment of Raw tonight. It will be Roman Reigns vs. Finn Balor vs. Seth Rollins vs. Samoa Joe vs. Bray Wyatt in an extreme rules fatal five-way match for a future shot at the Universal title.
It was previously revealed that Lesnar would defend his championship for the first time at the Great Balls of Fire PPV on July 9th. Braun Strowman appeared to be a likely opponent for Lesnar then, but Strowman will be out of action for the time being after undergoing elbow surgery.
With Extreme Rules set to take place on June 4th, more matches for the PPV were confirmed on Monday in addition to the main event. The updated card is:
- Roman Reigns vs. Finn Balor vs. Seth Rollins vs. Samoa Joe vs. Bray Wyatt in an extreme rules fatal five-way match for a shot at the Universal Championship
- Raw Women's Champion Alexa Bliss defending against Bayley in a kendo stick on a pole match
- Intercontinental Champion Dean Ambrose defending against The Miz (Ambrose can lose his title if he's disqualified)
- Raw Tag Team Champions The Hardys defending against Cesaro & Sheamus
- WWE Cruiserweight Champion Neville defending against Austin Aries