WWE is celebrating Triple H's 25th anniversary with the company.
During an advertisement that aired during SmackDown tonight, it was announced that Triple H's 25th anniversary celebration will begin on SmackDown in two weeks (April 24). Further details about the celebration haven't been revealed.
Triple H made a brief appearance on SmackDown two weeks ago and did an interview building up the Goldberg vs. Roman Reigns Universal title match that had been scheduled for WrestleMania 36. Braun Strowman ended up winning the Universal title from Goldberg at WrestleMania after Reigns pulled out of the show.
Triple H also appeared on the March 13 episode of SmackDown, which was the first closed set show from the Performance Center. Triple H introduced the episode and did commentary for it.
For next Friday's SmackDown, WWE has announced the following card:
- Daniel Bryan vs. Cesaro (men's Money in the Bank qualifying match)
- Naomi vs. Dana Brooke (women's Money in the Bank qualifying match)
- The Miz defending the SmackDown Tag Team titles against Big E and Jey Uso in a triple threat match
- Tamina vs. Sasha Banks (if Tamina wins, she'll become the number one contender to Bayley's SmackDown Women's Championship)
- Sonya Deville and Mandy Rose will attempt to clear the air and settle the issues between them