SmackDown's next two participants for Money in the Bank will be confirmed next Friday.
WWE has announced two Money in the Bank qualifying matches for next week's episode of SmackDown. Sasha Banks and Lacey Evans will face off to determine who will be in the women's Money in the Bank ladder match, and Drew Gulak and Baron Corbin will face off to determine one of the spots for the men's ladder match.
Evans got involved in Banks' match against Tamina on SmackDown tonight. Bayley distracted Tamina during the match and went to attack her with a shoe, but Evans ran out and laid Bayley out. Tamina defeated Banks and will get a shot at the SmackDown Women's Championship.
Gulak stopped Shinsuke Nakamura from interfering in Daniel Bryan's qualifying match against Cesaro tonight. Baron Corbin also made an appearance on tonight's show, attacking Elias backstage.
The Money in the Bank ladder matches will feature three wrestlers from Raw and three from SmackDown. Raw's Shayna Baszler, Asuka, and Nia Jax and SmackDown's Dana Brooke have qualified for the women's ladder match. Daniel Bryan is the first wrestler to qualify for the men's ladder match.
Three men's Money in the Bank qualifying matches have been announced for Monday's Raw: Rey Mysterio vs. Murphy, Aleister Black vs. Austin Theory, and Apollo Crews vs. MVP.
Money in the Bank is set for Sunday, May 10. The men's and women's ladder matches are both taking place at WWE headquarters.
Here's the updated lineup for next week's SmackDown:
- Triple H's 25th anniversary celebration begins
- Money in the Bank qualifying match: Sasha Banks vs. Lacey Evans
- Money in the Bank qualifying match: Drew Gulak vs. Baron Corbin
- Women's Tag Team Champions Alexa Bliss & Nikki Cross defend their titles against Carmella & Dana Brooke
- WWE looks back at the history between Braun Strowman and Bray Wyatt
- Chapter three of WWE's video series on Jeff Hardy