WWE Hall of Famer Typhoon shares update following hospitalization
WWE Hall of Famer Typhoon (Fred Ottman) is taking things one step at a time as he navigates his health situation.
Earlier this month, Ottman shared that he had been hospitalized for approximately 30 days after his gallbladder “exploded” and released a bunch of poison into his body. He was released from the hospital on February 9 and is awaiting surgery on February 23. Ottman posted a Facebook video on Sunday noting that he has a pre-surgery consultation scheduled for today. Amid his recovery, he is learning to walk again and dealing with the muscle mass that he lost while hospitalized. It’s a frustrating process but is helping Ottman occupy his time.
“I just want to thank everybody for all the well wishes and everybody that’s been there for me and everything,” Ottman said. “I’m glad for all the support and everything and God bless. I’ve been trying to occupy my mind training as far as walking, learning to walk again with this walker and all that stuff. Getting up and getting down and getting up and getting down. It’s very frustrating sometimes. But some of you that’s been there know what the deal is.”
Ottman said one of his friends visited him yesterday and gave him a haircut and shave, which has made him feel a bit better. Ottman is also signing autographs for fans who have sent him trading cards.
“Like I said, I’ve been signing some cards and doing some autographs for some wrestling fans,” he said. “Trying to keep my mind where it needs to be. But everything is good. It just takes time. It’s a slow, one step at a time kind of situation. But I love you all, and thank you very much for all the support. God bless you.”
Ottman and his late tag team partner Earthquake (John Tenta) were inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2025 as The Natural Disasters. During his career, Ottman also played the characters of Tugboat and The Shockmaster.