Skip to main content

WWE issues statement on WrestleMania 36 status

maniatstatus.jpg

WWE has issued a statement on the current status of WrestleMania 36.

"While we remain committed to hosting WrestleMania at Raymond James Stadium on Sunday, April 5, we are putting contingency plans in place in the event that it is cancelled by government officials, civil authorities and/or local venues," WWE said. "The health and safety of our fans, performers and employees are our top priorities and we are monitoring the situation closely with our partners and government officials in Tampa Bay."

The statement comes after WrestleMania was a subject of discussion at the Hillsborough County (Florida) Emergency Policy Group's meeting today. With the show still a few weeks away, officials opted not to make a decision as of now. It was said that -- if WWE doesn't take action on their own -- officials would reconvene to discuss updates and what actions to take next.

WWE has also confirmed that this Friday's episode of SmackDown -- which had been scheduled for the Little Caesars Arena in Detroit, Michigan -- is being moved to the Performance Center in Orlando, Florida. Only essential personnel will be in attendance at the episode.