One of the matches that was scheduled for this weekend's SummerSlam pay-per-view will no longer be taking place.
During this afternoon's episode of WWE's The Bump, it was announced that the Seth Rollins vs. Riddle match that was set for SummerSlam has been postponed. WWE stated that Riddle suffered a "brachial plexus injury" when he was attacked by Rollins on Raw this Monday.
WWE said Riddle's injury is a "really bad stinger," and he's experienced some significant weakness. Riddle is medically unable to compete until he regains full strength.
According to a report from Fightful, however, the injury is not legitimate and is being used as a way to postpone the match. The current plan is for Riddle vs. Rollins to take place at Clash at the Castle in September.
The show-closing angle of this Monday's Raw saw Rollins attack Riddle and stomp his head into the steel steps. The attack came after Riddle & The Street Profits lost to Roman Reigns & The Usos.
SummerSlam is being held at Nissan Stadium in Nashville, Tennessee this Saturday. Here's the updated card for the pay-per-view:
- Last Man Standing match: Undisputed WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns defends against Brock Lesnar
- Raw Women's Champion Bianca Belair defends against Becky Lynch
- SmackDown Women's Champion Liv Morgan defends against Ronda Rousey
- Undisputed WWE Tag team Champions The Usos defend against The Street Profits (Jeff Jarrett will be the special guest referee)
- Pat McAfee vs. Happy Corbin
- Logan Paul vs. The Miz
- United States Champion Bobby Lashley defends against Theory
- No DQ match: Rey & Dominik Mysterio vs. The Judgment Day (Damian Priest & Finn Balor)