Here are spoilers for next week’s SmackDown, taped after tonight’s live show in New Orleans. WWE will be traveling to Saudi Arabia next Friday ahead of their Elimination Chamber event in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia on February 19 at the Jeddah Super Dome.
- The face-to-face between Roman Reigns and Goldberg opened the show. No fighting took place as the two exchanged words.
- Ricochet defeated Sheamus
- Sami Zayn defeated Shinsuke Nakamura to win the WWE Intercontinental Championship. WWE announced the title change on social media during the tapings.
- Ivar defeated Jimmy Uso
- There was a promo segment with Drew McIntyre, Madcap Moss, and Happy Corbin.
- There were also extended promos for the Elimination Chamber match and the Universal title match between Roman Reigns and Goldberg.
- The show ended with a contract signing between the teams of Ronda Rousey & Naomi and Charlotte Flair & Sonya Deville. Adam Pearce hosted the signing. The teams exchanged words until Rousey threw the SmackDown Women’s title at Flair. The four ended up in a brawl, with Rousey slamming Flair’s face into the table and Naomi kicking Deville in the head. The show ended with Rousey & Naomi flipping the table on Flair and Deville, eventually clearing the ring.
Zayn’s win tonight marks his third run with the championship. He had won a 12 Days of Christmas 12-man battle royal to become the number one contender on the episode of WWE SmackDown that aired on Christmas Eve.
Nakamura had held the championship for 182 days, defeating Apollo Crews on the August 13, 2021 edition of SmackDown.