Though details are still sparse, WWE is reviving the Starrcade name for a SmackDown live event during Thanksgiving weekend.
The Greensboro Coliseum announced today that they would be hosting WWE Starrcade on November 25th, which would be the Saturday after Thanksgiving. The venue at least partially hosted the first four Starrcade events from 1983-1986, with the shows in 1985 and 1986 being split between the Greensboro Coliseum in North Carolina and The Omni in Atlanta, Georgia.
WWE has yet to indicate whether the show will air on the Network, but the timing of it would place Starrcade less than a week after Survivor Series and 22 days before SmackDown's Clash of Champions pay-per-view.
A tentative card for the show was also listed by the venue, including two steel cage matches and appearances by The Hardys, The Rock 'n' Roll Express, and Ricky Steamboat:
- WWE Champion Jinder Mahal defending against Shinsuke Nakamura in a steel cage match
- SmackDown Women's Champion Natalya defending against Charlotte Flair in a steel cage match
- United States Champion AJ Styles defending against Baron Corbin and Rusev
- SmackDown Tag Team Champions The New Day defending against The Usos in a tornado tag match
- Sami Zayn vs. Kevin Owens
- Bobby Roode vs. Dolph Ziggler
Pro Wrestling Sheet had reported yesterday that WWE was considering reviving WCW show names for upcoming live events/specials.