By Joseph Currier and Dave Meltzer
Enzo Amore has been suspended by WWE after a rape allegation against him was made public online today.
WWE's statement: “WWE has zero tolerance for matters involving sexual harassment or sexual assault. Until this matter is resolved, Eric Arndt (aka Enzo Amore) has been suspended.”
On Twitter, a woman using the handle "missgucciwitch" wrote, "OKAY..it’s been long enough & I have been so so scared to share this. I was raped in mid October by the WWE Enzo Amore (also known as Eric Arden) & Tyler Grosso & TOOPOOR let it happen as accomplices. I was in a mental hospital for 45 days after it. They ARE NOT good people."
The woman's claim was that Grosso and TOOPOOR got her way "f***ed up" and they left knowing what was about to happen. She said she was passed out on the couch but told Amore she wanted to get to know him better and he said, "Bitch, I have 1 million followers on Instagram...you should be begging for this d***."
"Then he restrained me and it happened," she wrote.
In a direct message that missgucciwitch shared where she described the incident, she wrote that she was in the process of pressing charges. She filed a report with the Phoenix Police Department on an alleged incident that occurred on October 19th, 2017, and the case is still under investigation. At this point we are awaiting a copy of the police report.
Amore had been scheduled to defend his Cruiserweight Championship against Cedric Alexander at the Royal Rumble on Sunday.
UPDATE: According to Vince Lewis of the Phoenix Police Department's Media Relations unit, Phoenix Police confirmed that on Monday, October 23rd, 2017, at around 2:30 p.m., Phoenix Police responded to a local hospital for a call of a sexual assault that had reportedly occurred on October 19th, 2017 at 401 West Clarendon Avenue.