WWE's Stephanie McMahon has been named to the board of directors of a top esports organization.
McMahon was one of 10 members listed on FaZe Clan's anticipated board of directors that was unveiled today. The move comes in advance of FaZe Clan merging with B.Riley Principal 150 Merger Corp. and becoming a publicly traded company.
FaZe Clan is a group of esports teams and a "lifestyle and media platform rooted in gaming and youth culture."
The board of directors will take effect when FaZe Clan's merger with B.Riley Principal 150 Merger Corp. is completed, which is expected to happen in the first half of this year.
McMahon is WWE's chief brand officer.
WWE celebrity Hall of Famer Snoop Dogg is also part of FaZe Clan's board of directors. The full list of members is:
- Lee Trink, Chief Executive Officer and Co-Founder, FaZe Clan and Chairman of the Board
- Angela Dalton, Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Signum Growth Capital
- Calvin "Snoop Dogg" Cordozar Broadus Jr., American rapper, singer, songwriter, actor, record producer, DJ, media personality and business entrepreneur
- Daniel Shribman, Chief Investment Officer of B. Riley Financial
- Mickie Rosen, Director of several US and Australian companies and Principal of Mickie Rosen Consulting
- Nick Lewin, General Partner of Crown Predator Holdings
- Paul Hamilton, Co-Owner and Chief Executive Officer of Atlanta Esports Ventures, President and Chief Executive Officer of The Greenspun Corporation and Principal of Province Inc.
- Ross Levinsohn, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of The Arena Group (formerly theMaven,Inc.)
- Stephanie McMahon, Chief Brand Officer, World Wrestling Entertainment
- Zach Katz, Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Carte Blanche
"We have assembled a best-in-class Board of Directors who bring a broad and deep understanding of Gen Z and the rapidly changing digital media and entertainment landscape," said Lee Trink, CEO of FaZe Clan. "I am excited to work with this fantastic group and benefit from their insights and guidance as we enter the public market and execute our multi-platform monetization strategy to create long-term shareholder value."