Xavier Woods returned to the ring at a WWE SmackDown house show event in Jackson, Mississippi on Saturday night.
Woods teamed with Kofi Kingston in a losing effort against Ridge Holland & Sheamus and The Usos in a triple threat match that had been for the SmackDown Tag Team titles. This was his first match back since the January 7 edition of SmackDown, where The Usos defeated Woods and Kingston to retain the Tag Team titles in a street fight. He had been recovering from an injury to the plantaris muscle in his calf.
Other members of the New Day, Big E and Kingston, have been feuding with Ridge Holland and Sheamus in recent weeks. On Friday’s show, Holland gave Big E a belly to belly suplex. Big E broke his neck on impact but has all feeling in his extremities and has since given updates regarding his injury, saying his injury won’t require surgery.
Here are the full results from Saturday night’s WWE house show in Jackson:
- The Viking Raiders defeated Los Lotharios
- Shayna Baszler defeated Aliyah
- Ricochet defeated Sami Zayn to retain the WWE Intercontinental title
- Happy Corbin defeated Shinsuke Nakamura
- The Usos defeated Kofi Kingston & Xavier Woods and Ridge Holland & Sheamus in a triple threat match to retain the SmackDown Tag Team titles
- Sasha Banks and Naomi defeated Charlotte Flair and Sonya Deville
- Roman Reigns defeated Drew McIntyre to retain the WWE Universal title