In an effort to promote this weekend's NJPW G1 Special shows in Long Beach, CA, on AXS TV, Kenny Omega spent an hour Monday speaking to the wrestling media about the shows and his career.
A few of the topics discussed:
- The weekend's IWGP U.S. title tournament and the potential impact for the title stateside going forward
- His feud with Okada and how this weekend affects that
- His thoughts on Okada vs. Cody and who he'd prefer to win in their IWGP title match
- His decision to work more U.S. based shows
- How non-Japanese talents are treated in NJPW
- His thoughts on Dave Meltzer's rating system and exceeding the five-star threshold
- What he'd like to see with NJPW's presence in the U.S. in the future
- Some of his desired opponents in the future...and more.
Click below to listen now.