On May 12, 2011, a one-hour show launched on a small ESPN affiliate in Nashua, NH -- one that would revolutionize MMA audio and shape the podcasting industry for everyone.
(Well, maybe not, but we did have fun.)
Co-hosted by yours truly and PJ Huot, The WGAM MMA Show aired for nearly a year before coming to an abrupt and surprising end, but the audio will live on here.
Uploaded every week, the WGAM MMA Show will take you back six years to what was happening in the MMA world in a much different time but with a new intro giving some background into what was happening.
Here's what was on the board for our debut:
- A 15-minute interview with then-Bellator welterweight Rick Hawn after his close split decision tournament final loss to Jay Hieron
- Brock Lesnar's announced second round of diverticulitis & where that left the UFC heavyweight division and his future
- My prophecy on Lesnar breaking the Undertaker's WrestleMania streak
- The cancellation of a UFC lightweight title rematch between Frankie Edgar and Gray Maynard, and how Anthony Pettis vs. Maynard almost happened
- The UFC adding insurance for fighters and why we thought that gave UFC a big leg up on the competition
- Some regional MMA talk, my trip to Portland, ME, and Dan Severn's impending visit to Worcester, MA
Jump in the time machine and head back to May 12, 2011, for the debut edition of the WGAM MMA Show.