About Us  |   Contact

Paul 'Triple H' Levesque issues first statement since cardiac event

Image: WWE

Paul "Triple H" Levesque has issued his first statement since it was announced earlier this month that he had undergone a procedure following a cardiac event.

"I’ve been blown away by the outreach and support from so many people," Levesque tweeted on Tuesday. "I’m recovering, doing well, & deeply grateful for all the love in my life. Especially grateful for @ShawnMichaels & all the Superstars & crew @WWENXT! (Steph and the girls loved the snacks!) See you soon"

WWE announced on September 8 that Levesque had undergone a successful procedure at Yale New Haven Hospital the previous week after suffering a cardiac event, which was caused by a genetic heart issue. WWE noted that Levesque is expected to make a full recovery.

Dave Meltzer reported in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter last week that Levesque was in good enough shape that he was taking calls: "Everything remains quiet regarding Paul Levesque. We are told that he’s in good enough shape that he is taking calls. Talent was told that they can call him and wish him well but that they are not to talk any WWE business with him."