About Us  |   Contact

Returning the favor, WWE wishes Ryback the best in his future endeavors

After Ryback wished WWE the best in their future endeavors last week, the company returned the favor this morning.

WWE announced that The Big Guy is officially no longer under contract with the company as of today.

Ryback vowed last week to continue wrestling and said that he would work a full schedule. He also promoted a new website that he will soon be launching.

The WWE statement said:

"Effective today, Aug. 8, 2016, WWE has parted ways with Ryback and he is no longer under contract. WWE wishes Ryback the best in all his future endeavors."

Ryback's departure from the company has been expected for some time. He last worked in a WWE ring when he challenged Kalisto for the United States Championship at Payback in May. Ryback left the company soon after amidst a contract dispute.

Dave Meltzer reported in the May 9th edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that Ryback was on hiatus with the company after disagreements with WWE about the state of their contract negotiations and his position on the card.