About Us  |   Contact

WWE releases Enzo Amore in aftermath of rape allegation

One day after a rape allegation against him was made public, Enzo Amore has been released by WWE.

The company's statement: "WWE has come to terms on the release of Eric Arndt (Enzo Amore)."

Amore had been suspended by WWE yesterday. On Twitter, a woman using the handle "missgucciwitch" shared her story alleging that Amore had raped her last October. Phoenix Police confirmed that they responded to a local hospital on October 23rd, 2017 for a call of a sexual assault that had reportedly occurred on October 19th, 2017 at 401 West Clarendon Avenue. The investigation is still ongoing.

Amore had been WWE Cruiserweight Champion prior to being released and was scheduled to defend his title against Cedric Alexander at the Royal Rumble on Sunday. WWE has yet to address how they'll handle the title going forward, but 205 Live takes place in Washington DC tonight.

Amore's final match with WWE before being released was against Alexander at 205 Live's house show in Poughkeepsie, New York on Sunday.

UPDATE: Amore's accuser, whose name is Philomena Sheahan, spoke to TMZ about the incident. She told them Amore ripped her tights open and, despite her saying no countless times, he sexually assaulted her in the hotel room they were in.

Sheahan said Amore threw her on the bed and she passed out from smashing her head. When she woke up, she says he was still raping her and wouldn't stop when she said no and told him to get off of her. She doesn't know when Amore stopped, but says he was still there in the morning.