About Us  |   Contact

WWE releases statement on Ashley Massaro sexual assault claim

Several days after Ashley Massaro's lawyer released an affidavit that included a claim she was sexually assaulted on a 2007 Kuwait tour and was told not to report it, WWE released a statement addressing the claim.

"WWE is saddened by the death of Ashley Massaro, and we reiterate our condolences to her family. However, we regret that her attorney Konstantine Kyros, who filed multiple cases against WWE, lost all of them, and was sanctioned multiple times by the Court for repeated misconduct and false allegations, is using Ashley’s death to further his malicious campaign against WWE by releasing an affidavit that she submitted to the Court and later apologized to WWE for being involved with, so we wish to make certain things crystal clear.

At no time was Vince McMahon or the management of WWE ever informed by Ashley Massaro or anybody else that she had been sexually assaulted, drugged, raped or sodomized by a military doctor with a nurse standing guard while on a goodwill tour in 2007 to U.S. military bases in Kuwait. In fact, if she ever articulated such a claim to WWE, we would have reported it immediately to the Base Commander.

At no time was there ever a meeting with Vince McMahon, Kevin Dunn, John Laurinaitis or other company executives in which she told them of such a claim and was instructed to keep it quiet."

The 39-year-old Massaro died of an apparent suicide last Thursday at her Long Island, NY, home.

Massaro was one of 60 wrestlers Kyros represented in a concussion-related lawsuit that was filed in 2016. After it was thrown out of court last fall, an appeal is set to be heard in July. WWE provided the New York Post with an email from Massaro sent last October in which she apologized for being part of the lawsuit and said Kyros "poached" her. He said he never saw the email and that she never withdrew from the case.