About Us  |   Contact

Konnan 'doing better' after COVID-19 diagnosis, release from hospital

According to Dave Meltzer, Konnan was released from a hospital Thursday and is doing better.

The former Mexican wrestling legend tested positive for COVID-19 and was hospitalized this week afterward due to a serious kidney issue. Following a 2007 kidney transplant and side effects from anti-rejection drugs, he had been very cautious in the pandemic due to a weakened immune system.

The 57-year-old born Charles Ashenoff said he was bedridden for three days before getting his diagnosis and going to the hospital as his kidneys were failing. It's unknown how he got the virus and whether he still it.

Meltzer said that he had been spending time with no one other than his family and the Mysterio family who recently revealed they battled COVID-19 back in December. Konnan had attended both Impact Wrestling and AAA tapings in recent months. 

Now retired from active competition, he has stayed involved with several organizations including the aforementioned AAA and Impact in addition to MLW where he has been feuding with Salina de la Renta.