MJF will return to in-ring action for the first time in two months on the next AEW Dynamite.
On Wednesday's show, he did a pre-taped promo explaining why he's been away, saying his injuries have healed and that next week, he's coming to reclaim his throne. That was later followed up by a live promo with Tony Schiavone where he learned he will be wrestling Jungle Boy at Double or Nothing.
Also announced for next week:
- Kenny Omega & Matt Hardy vs. Santana & Ortiz: Announced on the Dynamite post-show, this match was made after the Inner Circle team members interfered in the show closing street fight, helping Chris Jericho and Sammy Guevara defeat Omega and Hardy.
- Hikaru Shida vs. Penelope Ford vs. Britt Baker vs. Kris Statlander: While not stated explicitly, it was alluded to that the winner could face AEW Women's Champion Nyla Rose at Double or Nothing.
- Chris Jericho vs. Pineapple Pete: The former AEW World Champion has been verbally harassing Pete (aka Sugar Dunkerton) for weeks while on commentary and the two got into a shoving match before the aforementioned street fight Wednesday.
- Brodie Lee vs. Chris Daniels: This was set up Wednesday after the Dark Order attacked both SCU and AEW World Champion Jon Moxley following Moxley's victory over Frankie Kazarian. Lee will face Moxley for the title at the upcoming Double or Nothing pay-per-view.
- Jurassic Express (w/Marko Stunt) vs. Best Friends (w/Orange Cassidy): This will be the Express' first AEW action since a March 18th win over The Butcher & The Blade at Dynamite while the Best Friends were victorious on last week's Dynamite in a no DQ, no countout match over Jimmy Havoc and Kip Sabian.
- Lance Archer and Jake Roberts will do an interview where they will address their actions against Brandi Rhodes Wednesday following Archer's win over QT Marshall. Archer will face Cody at Double or Nothing for the inaugural TNT Championship.
Next week's show will not be live as the plan was to tape it after tonight's broadcast.