An announcement regarding AEW World Champion Hangman Page vs. Bryan Danielson II will come on Wednesday's Holiday Bash edition of AEW Dynamite.
AEW head Tony Khan revealed the news during his weekly appearance on Busted Open Radio, less than a week after he said Danielson was still the no. 1 contender and that he wanted to see a rematch. Khan said he believed Danielson was going to be on the show tonight.
Page and Danielson went to a 60-minute draw at last Wednesday's Winter is Coming, leaving many to speculate the match might be run back at January's 8th's first-ever Battle of the Belts on TNT.
On Twitter, Khan said there were "huge announcements" coming Wednesday in addition to a surprise. Whether those are related to the surprise Adam Cole teased last week in a backstage promo is unknown. Khan did say more would be revealed about the Owen Hart Cup tournaments this week, including a special video.
Here's the current lineup for Greensboro, North Carolina:
- CM Punk, Sting and Darby Allin vs. MJF and FTR
- Orange Cassidy vs. Adam Cole
- Malakai Black vs. Griff Garrison
- TBS title tournament semifinal: Ruby Soho vs. Nyla Rose
- Britt Baker/Tony Schiavone Christmas party
- Owen Hart Cup tournament announcements
- Hangman Page vs. Bryan Danielson 2 announcement