- Banks & Bayley vs. IIconics non-title match set for WWE SmackDown
- WWE Raw ratings down four percent, second week of daylight savings
- Impact Wrestling & OVW re-enter developmental agreement
- Flip Gordon cleared to return to the ring
- Sasha Banks & Bayley to appear on WWE SmackDown
- WWE Raw video highlights: Lesnar returns, Rousey destroys Brooke
- Braun Strowman set for WWE Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal
- Elias performance announced for WWE WrestleMania 35
- Kurt Angle to face Baron Corbin in farewell match at WrestleMania 35
- WOL: UFC and ESPN+, Corbin vs. Angle, WrestleMania, more! 3/19
- DragonKingKarl Greatest Kayfabe Tournament: Kiniski vs. Abdullah 3/19
- WOR: UFC drops traditional PPV, RAW, WrestleMania, tons more! 3/19
Though the road getting here was as convoluted as possible, WWE has finally confirmed Ronda Rousey vs. Charlotte Flair vs. Becky Lynch for WrestleMania 35.
Storyline suspensions, injuries, and even an "arrest" for Lynch, the McMahons getting involved and Vince replacing Lynch with Charlotte, Charlotte fully turning heel and Rousey turning against the crowd, and dozens of tweets all led to Lynch facing Charlotte at Fastlane. The stipulation was that if Lynch won, the Raw Women's Championship match at WrestleMania would officially become a triple threat.
One of the two biggest issues of the year, the awards issue, is out right now.
The awards issue contains not only the award winners, but also top placeholders in every category and an all-time history of award winners dating back to 1980.
Have a look at the career and life of Dick "The Destroyer" Beyer, from football to college wrestling to TV stardom in Japan to teaching school. It's really an amazing story of one of the first Americans to become a TV celebrity in Japan and the greatest American masked wrestler of all-time.
Read full coverage of the road to WrestleMania with most of the card as well as full coverage of Fastlane with a match-by-match rundown with star ratings, poll results and business notes.
Look at SummerSlam tickets, WWE creative, Bruce Prichard, Jeff Jarrett, AEW vs. WWE, Takeover Brooklyn's complete card, newcomers to WWE this week, Dwayne Johnson award, Harlem Heat Hall of Fame notes, WrestleMania 2020 week updates, new WWE hire, WWE ticket sales, WWE stock price, most watched shows of the past week no the WWE Network plus notes from all the weekend house shows with results, angles and business.
This issue has updated coverage of the New Japan Cup, with this week's shows, a rundown of every match so far in the tournament and an updated look at the brackets.
ORDERING INFO: Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to email@example.com or by going to www.paypal.com directing funds to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rates in the United States are $14.50 for 4 issues, $35.50 for 12, $70 for 24, $116 for 40 and $149.50 for 52.
In Canada and Mexico, the rates are $16 for 4, $27 for 8, $38.50 for 12, $76 for 24, $126 for 40 and $162.50 for 52.
For the rest of the world, rates are $18 for 4, $48.50 for 12, $93 for 24, $155 for 40 and $201.50 for 52.
If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order to P.O. Box 1228, Campbell,CA 95009-1228, you can get $1 off in every price range.
TUESDAY NEWS UPDATE
By Joseph Currier and Bryan Rose
- SmackDown tonight is at the Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, IN. It will feature a gauntlet match pitting Kofi Kingston against Randy Orton, Samoa Joe, The Bar and Rowan. If Kingston can get through all five wrestlers, he’ll get a WWE title match at WrestleMania. Also advertised is The Miz responding to Shane McMahon, as well as Women’s Tag Team Champions Sasha Banks & Bayley facing Peyton Royce & Billie Kay in a non-title match.
- 205 Live’s number one contender’s tournament will conclude tonight with Cedric Alexander facing Tony Nese in the finals. The winner will challenge for Buddy Murphy’s Cruiserweight Championship at WrestleMania 35.
- Kurt Angle posted on Instagram about facing Baron Corbin at WrestleMania: “My farewell match will be against Baron Corbin at Wrestlemania. I realize it’s not the most popular decision from a fan’s perspective... BUT I will make Corbin tap out on the biggest stage of them all.... and I Hope you can share this moment/accomplishment with me on April 7th. Baron is a legit tough guy. It won’t be easy but it never is. #itstrue #wrestlemania35 #wwe #wrestling”
- After last night’s Raw went off the air, Dean Ambrose saved Seth Rollins from an attack by Corbin.
- Following the angle where he struck a security guard last night, Ronda Rousey wrote on Instagram that Travis Browne has been “banned” from Raw.
- Total Bellas on Sunday fell to 395,000 viewers, down from last week’s 441,000, a new series low.
- Although PWInsider had a report yesterday that Sin Cara signed a new contract with WWE, he took to Twitter to say he has not, a play off of AJ Styles’ tweet saying he had re-signed.
- WWE has uploaded the entire Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar match from WrestleMania 30.
- A-Kid is the latest talent announced for Joey Janela’s Spring Break. He’ll appear on Night One.
- Ray Leppan, the former Adam Rose, announced his full-time retirement from professional wrestling. Leppan wrote that he’ll be fulfilling his dates that are currently booked, but he isn’t taking new ones.
- Ahead of challenging for Jay Lethal’s ROH World Championship at Pro Wrestling Association’s Passover Bash 2019 in Israel on April 21, David Starr cut a promo on Sinclair Broadcasting and their politics.
- Air Wolf has signed a deal with MLW.
- Ace Romero vs. Josef Samael is set for MLW’s Rise of the Renegades TV tapings in Queens, New York on April 4.
- Frank Mir will face Dan Severn at Josh Barnett’s Bloodsport in Jersey City, New Jersey on April 4.
- Eric Angle, brother of Kurt, was arrested and charged with simple assault charges after picking up a child by his neck after a loss while at a junior wrestling event he was coaching in Pittsburgh.
- Our Garrett Gonzales was on POST Wrestling's Raw recap show Monday night.
- Donald Cerrone’s next fight has been confirmed. He’ll face Al Iaquinta on May 4 in Ottawa, according to Brett Okamoto.
- Ariel Helwani tweeted about Cerrone vs. Iaquinta: “The booking of Cerrone vs. Iaquinta could very well clear the path for McGregor vs. Diaz 3 happening later this year. Developing.”
- Conor McGregor is still interested in fighting Khabib Nurmagomedov, both praising and criticizing him.
- Dana White announced that he’s signed a new seven-year deal with the UFC.
- He’s also insisting that a rematch between Ben Askren and Robbie Lawlor makes the most sense right now.
- Derrick Lewis says he feels that he’s had a torn ACL for the last four years. He is planning on getting surgery next Tuesday.
- Helwani has put up a ESPN poster on eBay signed by various UFC athletes with the proceeds going to charity.
- Ben Askren had a question for Jorge Masvidal.
- Ivan Shtyrkov, a light heavyweight fighter from Russia, has signed with UFC.
Daily Pro Wrestling History: Edge and Christian win the WWF Tag Team Titles
Ed in San Antonio presents the WRESTLEMANIAWeekend Events (more to be added):
- Saturday, April 6th, at 12:00 pm: Lunch (all you can eat) at Churrascaria Plataforma ($90 per person), located at 316 W. 49th street in Manhattan. Purchase tickets here~!
- Luxury Bus to MetLife Stadium for Wrestlemania: We will depart from the Hilton Midtown (site of Wrestlecon) located at 1335 Avenue of the Americas. Departure time is 4:00 pm and will return from MetLife approximately 30 mins after the event. Times are subject to change, and cost $67.00 per person for the round trip. Purchase tickets here~!
- Poll opinions: email@example.com
- Feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Show results and news tips: email@example.com
- Wrestling Observer Radio questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Support the Empire~! with F4W shirts. Grab yours today!