The Latest From the F4W Staff
- B&V&P: Antonio Thomas joins Bryan & Vinny and Granny to recap, LU, NXT and RAW! 9/30
- Wrestling Weekly: HWA & OVW veteran Trever Varney 9/30
- WOL: D-Day for TNA, Jamie Noble update, John Lineker misses weight, more! 9/30
- JNPO: SiriusXM's Danny Acosta talks UFC 205 & MMA news of the week 9/30
- WOR: TNA update, ROH PPV report, Jamie Noble stabbed, more! 10/1
- ROH All Star Extravaganza live results: Adam Cole vs. Michael Elgin
- WWE Main Event results: Breeze vs. Crews; Kane vs. Corbin
- NXT Orlando, FL, live results: No Way Shinsuke team with the Perfect 10
- TNA Impact Wrestling live results: Team EC3 vs. Team Lashley on the Road To Glory
- ROH TV results: All Star Extravaganza go-home show
We're looking for your thoughts on last nights ROH PPV as well as Sunday's TNA PPV with thumbs up, thumbs down or thumbs in the middle along with a best and worst match to Dave@WrestlingObserver.com.
We're looking for reports on the WWE Smackdown brand show in Las Vegas (John Cena will headline), NXT in Largo, FL and ROH TV tapings in Lowell, MA (Mark & Jay Briscoe vs. Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian, Tetsuya Naito & Evil vs. Chris Sabin & Alex Shelley, Shane Taylor & Keith Lee vs. War Machine, Toru Yano vs. Michael Elgin, Kyle O'Reilly vs. Jonathan Gresham and a three-way with a Bullet Club Team, a Kingdom Team and The Cabinet (Rhett Titus & Kenny King & Caprice Coleman) as part of the trios tournament to NewsTips@WrestlingObserver.com.
UFC FROM THE MODA CENTER IN PORTLAND, OR SATURDAY
Fight Pass at 7:15 p.m. Eastern
- Kelly Faszholz vs. Ketlen Vieira
- Curtis Blaydes vs. Cody East
- Ion Cutelaba vs. Jonathan Wilson
- Nate Marquardt vs. Tamdan McCrory
FS 2 a 9 p.m.
- Keita Nakamura vs. Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos
- Shamil Abdyurakhimoid vs. Walt Harris
- Hacran Dias vs. Andre Fili
- Joachim Christensen vs. Luis Henrique da Silva
FS 1 at 11 p.m.
- Louis Smolka vs. Brandon Moreno
- Josh Burkman vs. Zak Ottow
- Will Brooks vs. Alex Oliveira
- John Lineker vs. John Dodson
Sunday has WWE in Ontario, CA with a Smackdown brand show.
TNA BOUND FOR GLORY PPV ON SUNDAY FROM ORLANDO
- Bobby Lashley vs. Ethan Carter III in a no rules match for the TNA title
- Aron Rex vs. ? in the finals for the Grand championship
- Matt & Jeff Hardy vs. Abyss & Crazzy Steve in the Giant War for the tag team titles
- Maria Kanellis vs. Gail Kim for Knockouts title
- Mike Bennett vs. Moose
- X Division title match
- Rumble Gauntlet for a TNA title shot
- Gail Kim Hall of Fame ceremony
Raw will be Monday night from the Staples Center in Los Angeles. Charlotte vs. Sasha Banks for the women's title and T.J. Perkins vs. Brian Kendrick for the cruiserweight title have been announced for the show. There is also a Smackdown house show in Palm Springs, CA on Monday.
Tuesday has Smackdown tapings in San Diego.
The Raw crew heads to Santiago, Chile for a Wednesday show.
Figure Four Weekly, 9/26/2016: The unlikely story of TJ Perkins (Part II) - When T.J. Perkins went to Florida Championship Wrestling without a WWE contract in 2009, it was a very different picture from how Ohio Valley Wrestling treated non contract talent before FCW took over for it as the primary developmental promotion. Subscribers click here to continue reading.
F4W YouTube Page: Tons of clips and full free audio shows that you can tell your friends about, and much more to come! Make sure you subscribe today!
Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Oct 3, 2016:TNA at a crossroads, WWE Clash of Champions review, more - Details on the tumultuous situation TNA is in, a review of WWE Clash of Champions, more... With Bound for Glory and television tapings scheduled this week, the expectation was that TNA would be sold by now, although that’s been the feeling for weeks and at press time it still hasn’t happened... WWE’s first Raw-exclusive PPV, the Clash of Champions, was a mostly good show, but because they are running so many PPVs, it had the feeling of ordinary and not at all special... The first fight between UFC champions in different weight classes in nearly eight years will headline the company’s 11/12 debut in Madison Square Garden, which, unless a rash of injuries crop up, is the deepest card in terms of talent in company history... Subscribers click here to continue reading.
Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to Dave Meltzer, or by using PayPal directing funds to Dave@WrestlingObserver.com.
Rates in the United States are $13 for 4 issues, $32 for 12, $61 for 24, $101 for 40 and $131 for 52. In Canada and Mexico, rates are $14.50 for 4, $35 for 12, $67 for 24, $111 for 40 and $144 or 52. In Europe, you can get the fastest delivery and best rates by sending to email@example.com. For the rest of the world, rates are $16.50 for 4, $44 for 12, $85 for 24, $141 for 40 issues and $183 for 52. If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order (P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228), you can get $1 off in every price range.)
If you are a new subscriber ordering 24 or more issues, you can choose one free classic issue, or two free classic issues with a 40-issue subscription.
WON Back Issue, September 6, 1999:Week of both high and low ratings, doctor under investigation for prescribing drugs to wrestlers, more - The television season of wrestling overexposure began this past week with both good and bad news. But when the numbers came in, virtually all the good news was limited to the World Wrestling Federation. Subscribers click here to continue reading.
SATURDAY NEWS UPDATE
- WWE released all three parts of the Daniel Bryan vs. The Bear mockumentary that Bryan had been hyping on social media.
- WWE.com’s preview for Monday’s episode of Raw now advertises that Brian Kendrick will face TJ Perkins in a non-title match, with Kendrick possibly getting a shot at the title if he wins. It was previously announced as a title match on last Monday’s Raw.
- Nikkan Lee, the female referee who received a tryout at the WWE Performance Center this week, refereed two matches during last night’s NXT live event in Orlando, FL. Lee has been a referee for Big Japan Pro Wrestling. Former NFL lineman Brennan Williams and Chinese signee Bin Wang also appeared in a battle royal on last night’s live event.
- TM61, The Bollywood Boyz, The Authors of Pain, and Niko Bogojevic & Tucker Knight were confirmed for the second annual Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic.
- TJ Perkins responded to the reaction he got from the Raw crowd last Monday night.
- WWE Network is now removing any footage of wrestlers singing copyrighted songs on old episodes of Raw and Smackdown. WWE has been replacing entrance music or music used in video packages for years, but this is the first time they have started cutting out footage of wrestlers singing the words to popular songs. In particular, the March 12, 2012 Raw episode isn't on the Network (all other 2012 Raws are) solely because for the entire show, they hyped a concert from The Rock at the end of the night. WWE now can't / won't air that segment on the Network because of all the singing, so they've just skipped the entire episode.
- Tickets for the 2017 WWE Royal Rumble will go on sale Friday, October 14 at 10 AM Central through all Ticketmaster outlets.
- After Drew Galloway was forced out of his scheduled Bound for Glory match with Aron Rex due to an injury, Eddie Edwards will take his spot in the Grand Championship finals.
- Kamaitachi suffered an apparent dislocated ankle on the ROH TV tapings in Lowell today.
- Cody Rhodes has been announced for wXw’s 2017 16 Carat Gold tournament.
- PROGRESS Wrestling uploaded video of Tommaso Ciampa, Jack Gallagher, and Tommy End bidding farewell before heading to WWE/NXT.
- There will be an internal meeting tomorrow in Orlando regarding the future of TNA.
- The gauntlet Rumble match where the winner gets an ROH title shot will have Eli Drake, Braxton Sutter, Basille Baraka, Mahabali Sera, Grado, Tyrus, Jessie Godderz, Robbie E, Baron Dax and Rockstar Spud.
- TNA BOUND FOR GLORY will air LIVE tomorrow night in France on channel SFR SPORTS 2 at 2am local time, with commentary by Celian Varini & Gregory Deas, assuming it airs at all.
- Professional wrestler and singer-songwriter Jeff Hardy recently launched his new internet webstore, JeffHardyBrand.com. Upcoming products to be introduced to the store include artwork, t-shirts, jackets, music and more.
- Full results and review of Resurrection Fighting Alliance 44 last night from St. Charles, MO.
- A quick update on today's Lucha Xtreme TV in Fresno. The show timeslot going forward has been moved to Saturdays at 11am, having been moved from the 10pm timeslot on Saturday night which is probably better for the company. Today's show results were: "The Texas Hitmen" Big Dogg & Skitzo defeated Chris Mira & Dark Usagi by pin when Skitzo pinned Usagi. Brandon Groom defeated "187" Homicide by pin.
- The new "Best In The West" promotion in Fresno has a student showcase live show on Sunday October 16th at 6pm. The training center is located at 5494 E Lamona Ave (Clovis & Ashlan). Bell time is at 6pm and will primarily showcase the students in training and the trainers. Tickets are only 5 dollars and seating is limited. The company starts airing their TV program that same night (Sun Oct 16th) at 10pm on KAIL TV53 (Comcast Ch 13, HD Ch 713) and is also carried on Direct TV and ATT. TheirSunday night TV program will air weekly at 10pm and is called "Ignition". Featuring matches taped from last week at their initial TV taping at Fresno City College where they taped 4 hrs of TV. Next live TV taping is scheduled for Sunday Nov 13th at the American Legion Post in Merced. Belltime is at 7pm.
- Jeff Jarrett speaks to students in this article.
- Billy Corgan is getting desperate...
- RESULTS: Tengkwa b Vinnie the Beast. Block A: Ringkampf (WALTER & Timothy Thatcher) b Moustache Mountain (Tyler Bate & Trent Seven). Block B: LDRS (Zack Sabre Jr. & Marty Scurll) b A4 (Absolute Andy & Marius Al-Ani) Leah Vaughan b Alexis Rose, wXw Shotgun Championship: "Bruiserweight" Pete Dunne b Da Mack (c) Block B: Death by Elbow (Chris Hero & JT Dunn) b Cerberus (Ilja Dragunov & Julian Nero) #1 Contendership Match: Speedball Mike Bailey b Bad Bones John Klinger Block A: Los Gueros del Cielo (Angelico & Jack Evans) b JML (David Starr & Shane Strickland)
(THIS IS THE LAST WEEKEND FOR THE EVENTS CALENDAR)
Saturday 10/1 - Sunday 10/2
- ROH: All-Star Extravaganza Weekend Day 2; Lowell (Boston), MA, Lowell Memorial Auditorium, 6:00 pm (TV Taping). Tickets.
- Cross Body Pro Wrestling Academy "The Beginning"! 69 Agnes St in Kitchener! Tickets are $10 and will be available at the gym.
- VCW SOCKTOBERFEST: Super Wonder Gallery, 876 Bloor St W, 7pm Doors 8pm Bell, $15 in advance at Sonic Boom Records & CD"s and Eventbrite.com
- HPW Wrestling in Columbus, IN, featuring Jimmy Valiant’s final appearance with the promotion.
- MCW Presents "Autumn Armageddon 2016" Hollywood Volunteer Fire Department, 7:30PM Bell Time, Doors open at 6:00, 24801 Three Notch Road, Hollywood, MD 20636 - A Special Meet & Greet with WWE Hall Of Famer Scott Hall and all of the stars of MCW Pro Wrestling. Pre Show Meet & Greet stars at 6:30PM. You MUST have an event ticket in order to enter the pre show meet & greet.
- Destiny wrestling teams up with Global Force to present
- Northland Wrestling presents the Miller Memorial Cup: 3 PM - 6 PM École publique Odyssée 7e-12e année, 480, av. Norman, North Bay, Ontario P1B 0A8 - A portion of proceeds from this event will be donated to the athletes of the Special Olympics in North Bay.
- GWN Championship Wrestling: 1:30 PM - 4:30 PM, Ukrainian Cultural Centre, 241 Kenilworth Avenue North, Hamilton, Ontario.
- NWX presents Live Pro Wrestling CWF Training Facility 2:30 PM - 5 PM, 20 Hartzel Rd, St Catharines, Ontario, call 289-687-5610 for tickets. Holden Albright vs. Joey Paradice (c) - Hardcore Match for the NWX Northern Lights Heavyweight Championship.
- GLOBAL SHOWDOWN. bell time 7pm. Tickets.
Today in Wrestling History: ECW Anarchy Rulz 2000
In honour of Hispanic Heritage month, David Garcia has created a special video tribute to our divine Hispanic emperor Bryan Alvarez. It is an amazing video that pays homage to "one of the most forgettable performers to set foot in any ring..." If you haven't had your fill of Bryan "Super Chico" Alvarez after that three minute clip, check out The Death of WCW by Bryan Alvarez and RD Reynolds! It is now available as an audiobook through Amazon.com and Audible. Bryan did the narration for the book and it runs almost fifteen hours, so grab yours today!
- Poll opinions: Dave@WrestlingObsever.com
- Feedback: FeedBack@WrestlingObserver.com
- Show results and news tips: NewsTips@WrestlingObserver.com
- Wrestling Observer Radio questions: MailBag@WrestlingObserver.com