- Team Onita vs. Team PCO ten-man tag team match set for WrestleCon SuperShow
- Nine matches set for AEW Dark: Elevation
- Three new matches set for WWE NXT
- Marko Stunt one of 'numerous' AEW contracts reportedly set to come up in May
- WWE Main Event results: Cedric Alexander vs. T-Bar, Veer in action
Latest Free YouTube Video:
This Week's Wrestling Observer Newsletter: William Regal discusses health, WrestleMania 38 update
- The main story covers William Regal's health issues and brush with death. Regal was on Talk is Jericho and went into detail about his issues that date back nearly 30 years including with his heart, his neck, his balance and sepsis in his leg.
- WrestleMania, Stand & Deliver, Hall of Fame and all the WWE events this coming week in Dallas. We have lineups, matches not yet announced, Hall of Fame updates, ticket sales, scalper tickets and more.
- Another story on Scott Hall, looking at the first gimmick he pitched to Vince McMahon and Pat Patterson before Razor Ramon, times he was very upset about plans changing where he thought he needed to win, the proposal he made to McMahon in 1996 to not leave for WCW and who he learned from when his work took its greatest strides forward.
- An update on the New Japan Cup and all the matches of the past week.
- A story on the NCAA wrestling tournament and Gable Steveson, with all the business notes, Steveson to WWE, possibility of continuing with amateur wrestling at the Olympic level or fighting MMA.
- The Jorge Masvidal-Colby Covington story, what both men did and said that led to it and UFC's attitude and treatment of those who draw money.
- The first AAA TripleMania show of the year.
- Complete coverage of UFC in London.
- The life and times of Pepper Martin, a 60s and 70s star who was also an actor, his idea that led to the formation of one of the greatest tag teams in history, his acting running mates, career highlights, his biggest Cow Palace matches and other career highlights.
- DDT's major show and the announced relationship with AEW.
- CMLL's El Homenaje a Dos Leyendas show and the honoring of Ringo Mendoza and Dorrell Dixon.
- TV ratings of all the major pro wrestling shows and how it relates to sports and television overall.
- The sad accident that led to the death of Black Warrior Jr.
- If you asked 100 people on the street to name a pro wrestler, who is the first person that would be said.
- Crockett Cup notes.
- Ticket sales for all upcoming AEW & WWE shows plus scalper markets for the big shows.
This Week's Retro Observer Newsletter: February 7, 2005 Observer Newsletter: Royal Rumble review, business year in review
Ordering Info: Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to email@example.com or by going to www.paypal.com directing funds to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rates in the United States are $14.50 for 4 issues, $35.50 for 12, $70 for 24, $116 for 40 and $149.50 for 52.
In Canada and Mexico, the rates are $16 for 4, $27 for 8, $38.50 for 12, $76 for 24, $126 for 40 and $162.50 for 52.
For the rest of the world, rates are $18 for 4, $48.50 for 12, $93 for 24, $155 for 40 and $201.50 for 52.
If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order to P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228, you can get $1 off in every price range.
Sunday News Update
- Bryan and I will be back tonight talking WrestleMania, New Japan Cup, Stardom and the latest news from the weekend. You can also send email questions to the show to email@example.com
- As far as trends topics from the past week, yesterday's UFC didn't crack the top 20 and No. 20 was 20,000 searches. That is very unusual especially as a live arena show that set the all-time Fight Night gate record. HHH was No. 14 on Friday with 200,000. Conor McGregor cracked the top 20 with 50,000 regarding his driving arrest and Jorge Masvidal on Tuesday had 200,000 as the details came out regarding his altercation with Colby Covington.
- Stardom from earlier today at Sumo Hall in Tokyo: Hanan b Mai Sakurai to retain the Future of Stardom title, Mei Suruga of Gatoh Move won the Cinderella rumble pinning Miyu Amasaki when they were the last two, Utami Hayashishita b Mirai, Momo Watanabe b Hazuki, AZM retained the High Speed tie over Koguma and Natsupoi, Kairi (Sane) b Starlight Kid, Giulia & Thekla & Maika & Himeka b Risa Sera & Suzu Suzuki & Akane Fujita & Mochi Miyagi of the Prominence group, Saya Kamitani b Tam Nakano to keep the Wonder of Stardom title, Syuri b Mayu Iwatani to keep the World of Stardom title. Kairi interrupted Syuri's speech as did Saya Kamitani but there was no direct title challenge made.
- We're looking for reports from tonight's WWE shows in Toronto, ONT and Charlottesville, VA to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are also doing polls on both New Japan shows in Osaka on Saturday and Sunday and both Stardom shows at Tokyo Sumo Hall on Saturday and Sunday. You can leave a thumbs up, thumbs down or thumbs in the middle along with a best and worst match to email@example.com
- WWE last night in Kitchener, ONT
- Kevin Owens show with Trish Stratus as guest. Chad Gable & Otis came out, as did the Street Profits, to set up:
- Owens & Seth Rollins over The Street Profits and Chad Gable & Otis
- Omos b R-Truth. Veer attacked and laid out R-Truth before the match started
- Finn Balor b Damian Priest
- Riddle b Austin Theory
- Rey & Dominik Mysterio b Robert Roode & The Miz
- Becky Lynch b Rhea Ripley to keep the Raw women's title
- WWE last night in State College, PA
- Naomi b Shayna Baszler
- Viking Raiders b Los Lotharios
- Aliyah b Sonya Deville
- Usos retained tag titles over Rick Boogs & Shinsuke Nakamura, Sheamus & Ridge Holland and Happy Corbin & Madcap Moss due to distraction on Holland by King Woods
- Ricochet b Sami Zayn to keep IC title
- Charlotte Flair won three-way to keep women's title over Natalya and Sasha Banks
- Roman Reigns b Drew McIntyre to keep Universal title (thanks to Justin Lasut)
- Raw has nearly 8,200 tickets out for tomorrow in Pittsburgh for the last Raw before WrestleMania. Bobby Lashley and Bianca Belair are scheduled to return at this point. Usos vs. Riddle & Randy Orton in a non-title match is announced for the show and several others from Smackdown including Roman Reigns, Brock Lesnar are scheduled. Chad Gable & Otis vs. Street Profits, Natalya & Shayna Baszler & Queen Zelina & Carmella vs. Rhea Ripley & Liv Morgan & Naomi & Sasha Banks plus Miz vs. Rey Mysterio are announced. PW Insider listed Ricochet and Shinsuke Nakamura scheduled to be there, which just means they are to be there and not necessarily on the show. There will be another twist in the Seth Rollins angle after the "meeting with Vince McMahon" and Logan Paul was hinted at being on the show as would be expected for the final Raw with all hands on deck.
- Regarding last night's UFC show and the close decisions, in Bryan Barbarena over Matt Brown, Judge Andrew Adkins rounds one and three for Brown. Judge Michael Bell and rounds two and three for Barbarena. Judge Eric Colon also had rounds two and three for Barbarena. MMA Decisions listed media scores as 71 percent for Barbarena, 19 percent for Brown and 10 percent had it a draw. In Neil Magny vs. Max Griffin, both Eric Colon and Sal D'Amato had rounds two and three for Magny while Todd Schwarz had the first two rounds for Griffin. Media scores were 83 percent for Magny and 17 percent for Griffin.
- El Hijo del Vikingo appeared but didn't wrestle on last night's AAA sow in Tijuana due to his injured knee or foot. El Dragon made his AAA debut and replaced him. (thanks to Rene Ochoa)
- Chris Jericho appears tonight on Talking Dead on AMC discussing tonight's episode of Walking Dead. (thanks to Joe Puccio)
- There was a tribute show last night in Newark, CA for promoter Kirk White, who was also the business manager for Bret Hart. They had a full house. Bayley was there with her mother. She was in a corner, not hiding, but not acknowledged at the show. She was cheering and booing with the rest of the crowd. Shane Kody, one of the group's originals, won the annual Battle Royal for the Roy Shire trophy. Frankie Kazarian worked the show. Kirk's daughter said that they were going to keep her father's Big Time Wrestling promotion going but no new date was announced. (thanks to Derek Sousa)
- Impact shot an angle last night in Toronto at the Destiny Wrestling show. Moose gave Jade Chung, the wife of Josh Alexander, a spear while Alexander was in the ring talking to his children. Moose vs. Alexander headlines Impact's upcoming Rebellion PPV show for the Impact world title.
- AEW has passed 4,100 tickets out for Wednesday's show in Columbia, SC, which is less than what WWE just did in the arena.
- Sean Strickland vs. Alex Pereira is being planned for the UFC 277 show on 7/30. Pereira has two wins in kickboxing over Israel Adesanya, the current middleweight champion.
- Rafael Alves has pulled out of his 4/30 bout with Jared Gordon. Grant Dawson is scheduled to replace Alves according to Mike Heck of MMA Fighting.
- Similarly, Irene Aldana is out of the 4/9 show and a fight with Aspen Ladd. Raquel Pennington was listed as the replacement by MMA Fighting.
- Northeast Wrestling from 3/19 in Bethany, CT: Brett Ryan Gosselin b Ray Jaz, Tina San Antonio b Tiara James, Flip Gordon b Brad Hollister, Mike Verna & Channing Tomas b Chris Battle & Hunter Tarca, Dan Maff b Richard Holliday (said to be a great match and they got a standing ovation afterwards), Jaylen Brandyn & Traevon Jordan b J Cruz & Victor Chase, Max Caster b JT Dunn (thanks to Nick Mahmood)
- Adam Keresh of Tel Aviv, Israel earned a PFL contract for its heavyweight tournament after his first round knockout of Chad Johnson on Friday's Challengers Series show from Orlando. Complete results:
- Marcelo Nunes b Bevon Lewis submission 2:39 of round two
- Giacomo Lemos b Billy Swanson TKO :33 of round two
- Adam Keresh b Chad Johnson TKO 3:34 of round one
- Daiqwon Buckley b Jon Cunningham TKO 1:46 of round two.
- NSW Reckless Intent on 4/8 in Hamilton, ONT at the Columbus Club with Johnny DeLuca defending the Brass Knux title against Dallas Kyle.
- C4 Wrestling from Friday night in Ottawa, ONT before 550 fans: James Stone b Sway Archer, Stu Grayson won over Ben Tull and Joshua Bishop, Daniel makabe b Marcus Mathers, Pf & Ricky Wildly b Jay Lyon & Midas Black and Meran Tenglia & Philly Collins, Alexia Nicole b Willow Nightingale, Josh Alexander b Myung Jae Lee, Gabriel Fuerza won six-way over Kobe Durst, Tarik, Cecil Nyx, MacRae Martin and Joey Threat, Kevin Blackwood b Biff Busick, Kevin Ku & Dominic Garrini b Mathieu St. Jacques & Lufisto to win the tag titles. LuFisto replaced thomas Dubois who had COVID. Next show is 4/22 with Jonathan Gresham, Mike Bailey and Busick.
- Magnificent Championship Wrestling on 4/23 in Brantford, ONT at the Knights Club at 12 Catharine Avenue.
- GOUGE from yesterday in Durham, NC: Koga b Metalico, Drew Hood b Cool Jay,Victor Andrews b James Anthony, Caribbean Tiger b Hunter Raynor, Seymour Snott b Mecha Mercenary, Snooty Fox DCOR Chet Sterling, Waylon Maze b Inuit Joe. Next shows are 6/4 and 6/4 in Raleigh at the Jim Graham Building at the North Carolina Fairgrounds Men's Expo.
- CWE on 4/8 in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan at the Royal Canadian Legion #63 with Mentallo vs. AJ Sanchez.