- WWE board investigating Vince McMahon over 'secret $3 million hush pact'
- WWE NXT ratings down despite no major sports competition
- Mike Tyson off The Roast of Ric Flair due to 'unforeseen circumstances'
- Thunder Rosa addresses allegations she 'sandbagged' Marina Shafir on AEW Dynamite
- AEW's Tony Khan stopped Tanahashi vs. Moxley from happening 'many times'
- Wrestling Observer Live: Dynamite preview, Jericho hair, Forbidden Door, NXT 2.0 review!
- JNPO: My UFC flame is burning out
- Big Audio Nightmare: THE SLAP, CyberFight Festival, G1, Dominion
- Bryan & Vinny & Craig Show: RAW 25 plus Granny's weekly segment, song contest and more!
Latest Free YouTube Video:
This Week's Wrestling Observer Newsletter: June 13, 2022 Observer Newsletter: CM Punk & Cody Rhodes injured, WWE Hell in a Cell review
- Performer and match of the week
- Updates on C.M. Punk, Cody Rhodes, the injuries, how WWE and AEW are booking around the injuries, details of the injuries, surgeries, AEW interim title and medical protocol questions
- Hell in a Cell coverage, the matches, the ticket demand, PPV numbers, interest level and WWE & AEW crossover fan base
- Hiromu Takahashi sets Best of the super Juniors records, business of the finals, angles for Dominion and more
- AEW Double or Nothing PPV number update
- Saturday's UFC coverage and what comes next for the fighters on the show
- NXT In Your House coverage
- Television ratings for every national show, ups, down and competition
- Expected CMLL anniversary show main event
- AAA and running in the US
- Stardom & New Japan joint show
- Movie being made about the life of an active women's wrestling star and details
- Notes about young retirements in Dragon Gate an the booking
- CyberFight show at Saitama Super Arena
- Kota Ibushi and New Japan update
- Benefit event for Shinjiro Otani
- More on Ric Flair's return
- Johnny Rodz and the infamous Roddy Piper story
- Olympic wrestler talks about better conditions for pro wrestlers
- Notes on PBS documentary on St. Louis wrestling
- MJF update
- All-Atlantic title and thoughts
- Forbidden Door notes
- International TV ratings
- Ticket sales for upcoming U.S. events
- Streaming numbers for AEW & WWE
- UFC revenue and profits update
- This week's UFC show
- Major fight Dana White is looking at for the interim heavyweight title
- ONE debuts on Amazon Prime
- Bellator allows one of its top stars to do Bare Knuckle Fighting
- Update on Stephanie McMahon
- More on Vince McMahon autobiography
- Hilarious Vince McMahon deposition in the liver Luck case
- Why Edge was kicked out of Judgment Day
- Reports from all the WWE events this week with business notes
This Week's Retro Observer Newsletter: May 4, 2005 Observer Newsletter: WrestleMania 21 breaks records, TNA Lockdown review
Ordering Info: Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to email@example.com or by going to www.paypal.com directing funds to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rates in the United States are $14.50 for 4 issues, $35.50 for 12, $70 for 24, $116 for 40 and $149.50 for 52.
In Canada and Mexico, the rates are $16 for 4, $27 for 8, $38.50 for 12, $76 for 24, $126 for 40 and $162.50 for 52.
For the rest of the world, rates are $18 for 4, $48.50 for 12, $93 for 24, $155 for 40 and $201.50 for 52.
If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order to P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228, you can get $1 off in every price range.
Wednesday News Update
- Sheamus will be the guest starter for the NASCAR Cup Series Ally 400 at Nashville Superspeedway on Sunday, June 26.
- Big E posted a video today joking that, for the first time in his life, his beard connects.
- Drew McIntyre and Doudrop were the guests on WWE’s The Bump this afternoon.
- WWE’s YouTube channel uploaded The Outsiders vs. Lex Luger, Sting & Randy Savage from Bash at the Beach 1996, Batista vs. John Cena for the WWE Championship from WrestleMania XXVI, and Jinder Mahal vs. Randy Orton for the WWE Championship from Money in the Bank 2017.
- A Reddit user posted video of Jeff Hardy from his concert in Florida on Sunday night. Hardy can be seen drinking whiskey and calling it his “best friend and worst enemy.”
- Matt Hardy is still scheduled to appear at Triplemania XXX: Tijuana this Saturday, and Lucha Libre AAA will be making an announcement soon about his match. The Hardys were scheduled to face Dragon Lee & Dralistico in the main event of the show.
- Dax Harwood told Sports Illustrated that Bret Hart managing FTR at a show for Big Time Wrestling last Friday was the greatest night of Harwood’s career: “That night was a culmination of a journey that’s been ongoing for more than 30 years. I was watching the King of the Ring pay-per-view 29 years ago, where I got to see Bret Hart wrestle three matches and tell three different stories that night. That’s also the night I told my mother I was going to be a pro wrestler. I know who I am. I don’t have the total package – I’m not tall, I don’t have the body, I have a southern accent. Overcoming all those odds and getting to perform with my hero – not just my favorite wrestler, but my lifetime hero – it was the greatest night of my career. If you saw me smiling, it’s because I couldn’t hide that look on my face.”
- Cash Wheeler said: “At one point during the match, I got hit and rolled to the floor. Bret was touching my shoulder, asking, ‘Cash, are you all right?’ In my head, I’m thinking, ‘Bret is ringside, asking if I’m all right.’ Laying on that dirty floor, it was a moment of realization. It was a reminder we’re lucky to do what we do.”
- In an interview with ComicBook, Tony Khan was asked if AEW continuing to grow its tape library increases the value of a potential streaming deal: “As we've developed more content, growing the library, I think, and the demand has grown for a variety of reasons. I think all the stars are aligning, AEW as a streaming service has more potential value in the future. And then the purchase of Ring of Honor, now to have access to one of the best wrestling libraries in North America with some of today's top stars and some of the top stars in the past few decades, and those thousands of hours of Ring of Honor footage in conjunction with the hundreds of hours of AEW footage we've assembled and continued to assemble on a weekly basis, week in, week out, and the growing demand from our fans. I think all these factors contribute to why this would be a great time for AEW to launch a streaming service. And it's a conversation that I've had and continue to actively have with Warner Brothers Discovery, who are one of the worldwide leaders in streaming and sports content.”
- On the Wendy Williams Show, guest host Sherri Shepherd detailed MJF being a “jerk” when she asked him for an autograph for her son.
- While speaking with TSN, Chris Jericho said AEW dealing with multiple injuries is an opportunity for the rest of the roster to step up: “Everybody should be stepping up every week. Injuries happen. It’s part of the game. It’s been happening throughout my whole career. I’ve gotten a lot of opportunities when guys got hurt. Jado got hurt in WAR and I became part of Fuyuki-gun with Gedo back in the ‘90s. Triple H tore his quad and that’s how I was kind of able to get involved with the Undisputed Championship. Edge got hurt and that’s why Big Show and I became a tag team and became one of the best tag teams in WWE history. There are always times when that happens, and it is what it is. Who would think that Punk would get hurt the day after he won the title? But it happens. I think Finn Balor got hurt the day after he won the World title or something along those lines a few years ago – same with Dolph Ziggler. It’s the nature of the beast and it’s the way it goes.”
- Thunder Rosa told the New York Post about why she’s raising money for those affected by the Uvalde mass shooting: “I know I couldn’t be there physically to tell the families that I feel for them. But it’s something, even if it’s a grain of salt, it’s gonna help them.”
- Marti Belle was the guest on the latest edition of Rosa’s Taco Vlog.
- Anthony Bowens appeared on BBC Radio’s LGBT Sport Podcast.
- AEW announced its updated roster rankings.
- Brian Hebner is retiring as a full-time referee after Impact Wrestling’s Slammiversary pay-per-view and the post-PPV television tapings.