- Becky Lynch vs. Bayley, Kingston interview set for WWE SmackDown
- Scarlett Bordeaux vs. Rohit Raju added to Impact Rebellion PPV
- MLW Fusion results: Six-man tables match
- NWA crowns three new champions at Crockett Cup
- Bellator 220 live results: Rory MacDonald vs. Jon Fitch title fight
- UFC on ESPN+ 8 live results: Jacare Souza vs. Jack Hermansson
- Crockett Cup live results: One-night tournament, Aldis vs. Scurll
- Free Portland Wrestlecast: The legacy of 'Playboy' Buddy Rose 4/28
- WOR: Bellator 220, Bryan Alvarez vs. Jungle Boy, WWE news 4/28
- Big Audio Nightmare: AJPW Champion Carnival, NJPW Dontaku, more 4/27
IMPACT REBELLION PPV SUNDAY AT 8 P.M. EASTERN FROM THE REBEL ENTERTAINMENT CENTER IN TORONTO ON PPV AND FITE TV
- Johnny Impact vs. Brian Cage for Impact title with Lance Storm as referee
- Gail Kim vs. Tessa Blanchard
- Pentagon Jr. & Fenix vs. LAX in a Full Metal Mayhem match for Impact tag titles
- Taya Valkyrie vs. Jordynne Grace for Impact women's title
- Rich Swann vs. Sami Callihan for X title
- Dezmond Xavier & Zachary Wentz & Trey Miguel vs. Moose & Josh Alexander & Ethan Page
- Scarlett Bordeaux vs. Rohit Raju
NEW JAPAN WRESTLING HI NO KUNI LATE SUNDAY NIGHT AT 2 A.M. EASTERN FROM KUMAMOTO ON NEW JAPAN WORLD
- Tomoaki Honma & Ren Narita & Shota Umino vs. Toa Henare & Yota Tsuji & Yuya Uemura
- Ryusuke Taguchi & Tiger Mask & Jushin Liger & Yoshi-Hashi & Jeff Cobb vs. Minoru Suzuki & Desperado & Yoshinobu Kanemaru & Taichi & Taka Michinoku
- Will Ospreay & Dragon Lee vs. Taiji Ishimori & Hikuleo
- Bad Luck Fale vs. Mikey Nicholls
- Juice Robinson vs. Chase Owens non-title
- Kazuchika Okada & Kota Ibushi & Tomohiro Ishii & Sho & Yoh vs. Tetsuya Naito & Evil & Seiya Sanada & Bushi & Shingo Takagi
- Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa vs. Togi Makabe & Toru Yano for IWGP tag titles
- Hirooki Goto vs. Jay White
ALL JAPAN CHAMPION CARNIVAL FINALS AT KORAKUEN HALL AT 5:30 A.M. EASTERN MONDAY MORNING
- Hokuto Omori vs. Dan Tamura
- Hikaru Sato & Yusuke Okada vs. Koji Iwamoto & Keiichi Sato
- Takao Omori & Black Menso-re vs. Jun Akiyama & Atsushi Aoki
- Ryoji Sai & Naoya Nomura vs. Yuma Aoyagi & Yoshitatsu
- Joe Doering & Dylan James vs. Sam Adonis & Joel Redman
- Zeus & Yuji Okabayashi & Daichi Hashimoto & Gianni Valletta vs. Suwama & Shuji Ishikawa & Atsushi Aoki & Takashi Yoshida
- Kengo Miyahara vs. Jake Lee in Champion Carnival finals
Raw will be Monday night in Lexington, KY. There will also be a Monday night Smackdown house show in Huntington, WV.
Smackdown and 205 Live will be taped on Tuesday in Columbus, OH. Becky Lynch vs. Bayley is scheduled.
F4W NEWSLETTER: Figure Four Weekly: Winners and losers of the Superstar Shake Up
Raw and SmackDown's post-WrestleMania rosters were confirmed over the past week as WWE held their third annual Superstar Shake-up.
The most notable names to switch brands were AJ Styles and Roman Reigns. Styles had been the face of SmackDown since the 2016 brand split but is now a member of the Raw roster. Reigns had been on Raw since the 2016 draft but was moved to SmackDown in this year's Shake-up, which comes in advance of SmackDown debuting on Fox in October.
After week one of the Superstar shakeup, things changed again. The who’s and the why’s is the lead story in the new issue of the Wrestling Observer. Also look at what the original plan for Kevin Owens was and why it changed, and also seems to indicate bad news for one of the company's biggest stars.
Read an updated depth chart for Raw and Smackdown with new rosters and positioning. This also points out problem areas, and we also look at the card for Money in the Bank, and notes on a lot of directions.
Read about C.M. Punk doing a run-in on an indie show, why and what happened.
Also look at the change for the Backlash PPV and how that affects the schedule, how the Saudi Arabian government made WWE look bad once again, analysts bullish on WWE and what their predictions were that missed, update on the next Saudi Arabia show, and more on WWE ratings drops.
This issue contains a rundown of New Japan's Sengoku Lord show and the booking direction of the company.
Also look at UFC's return to Russia.
This issue has a lengthy feature on the Viceland documentary on the 1997 Survivor Series, filling in a lot of the pieces regarding who was in on it, how the finish was done, and a look at some of history's biggest double-crosses.
Read a feature on Mighty John Quinn, one of the greatest heels in U.K. wrestling including the build for his two big main events at Wembley Arena including the record crowd with Big Daddy.
ORDERING INFO: Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to email@example.com or by going to www.paypal.com directing funds to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rates in the United States are $14.50 for 4 issues, $35.50 for 12, $70 for 24, $116 for 40 and $149.50 for 52.
In Canada and Mexico, the rates are $16 for 4, $27 for 8, $38.50 for 12, $76 for 24, $126 for 40 and $162.50 for 52.
For the rest of the world, rates are $18 for 4, $48.50 for 12, $93 for 24, $155 for 40 and $201.50 for 52.
If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order to P.O. Box 1228, Campbell,CA 95009-1228, you can get $1 off in every price range.
SUNDAY NEWS UPDATE
We have a new Observer Radio show up today with both Bryan Alvarez and Garrett Gonzalez talking about all the pro wrestling and MMA news. We'll also have a show tonight talking Impact on PPV and the rest of the news.
Vin Diesel confirmed John Cena will be appearing in the movie Fast & Furious 9.
We don't have details as to when or where the next NXT Takeover show will be, past that the 6/8 show in San Jose is off because of the Saudi Arabia show the day before. Several ideas have been thrown out but nothing is confirmed, but the decision has to be made by Wednesday, which is the date of the NXT tapings at Full Sail University.
Scorecard notes from the new controversial decisions yesterday on Bellator:
- Benson Henderson beat Adam Piccolotti via split decision. Judge Anthony Maness gave Henderson rounds two and three. Judge Michael Guingona gave Henderson only the second round. Judge Marcos Rosales gave Henderson rounds two and three.
- In the Rory MacDonald title defense against Jon Fitch, Ron McCarthy (John's son) gave MacDonald the first, second and fourth round, while giving Fitch a 10-8 third round, as well as the fifth round leading to a 47-47 tie. Judge Anthony Maness scored the last three rounds for Fitch with round three as a 10-8 round. Judge Marcos Rosales gave MacDonald rounds one, three and four, but with a 10-8 third, it ended as a draw. I had Piccolotti and Fitch both winning.
Cody has released a video talking about his match against his brother Dustin at Double or Nothing.
Local advertising in Hartford lists these names for the Money in the Bank men's match on 5/19: Lars Sullivan, Drew McIntyre, Ricochet, Cesaro, Andrade and Aleister Black. The official names will be announced on Raw tomorrow night.
- Local advertising for Smackdown in Columbus, OH on Tuesday is listing Daniel Bryan. I wouldn't necessarily read anything into that.
- A story on Monday's Raw in Lexington interviewing Seth Rollins. (thanks to Mike Kuzmuk)
- The finals of Pro Wrestling NOAH's tag team tournament will be airing live on YouTube on early Tuesday morning.
- Nothing but to the mainstream this weekend. Thus far, the only thing combat sports related that made the Google trends was Greg Hardy, with 50,000 searches, and was number 4 today when I checked but it'll probably drop down. Nothing else from UFC made the list, nothing from Bellator did, nor boxing nor wrestling.
- In the B block of the Champion Carnival tournament, with the winner facing A block winner Kento Miyahara, Jake Lee beat Joe Doering and Naoya Nomura best Suwama, to both finish 5-3. There was a playoff match where Lee beat Nomura to advance to the finals.
- Impact's Kevin Sullivan produced the entrance videos for Ilima-lei Macfarlane, Jon Fitch, Veta Arteaga, Nathan Stolen and Gaston Bolanos at last night's Bellator show. I could tell on a few of them without even knowing. Some cool themed stuff. They had a real big crowd last night at the SAP Center.
- AAA on 5/11 in Chicago at the Logan Square Auditorium has Sami Callihan vs. David Starr for the AAW title, Jessicka Havok vs. Thunder Rosa for the women's title, MJF vs. Mance Warner for the Heritage title, Josh Alexander vs. Adam Brooks and TJP vs. Myron Reed, plus LAX, Pentagon, Fenix, Jacob Fatu and The Rascalz are there. Juventud Guerrera returns to AAW on 5/31 in Austin, TX.
- AXS TV will be taping the next season of Women of Wrestling on 5/15 and 5/16 in Los Angeles at the Belasco Theater.
- BCW on Friday night in Melbourne, Australia: Chavo Guerrero Jr. b Gabriel Wolfe, Mortar won over Kellyanne, Vixsin and Catrina to win the women's title, Cletus b Vance Adams in a tables match, Famous B b DCT, Ken Shamrock & Sketch b Drago & Aero Star to keep the BCW tag titles (Sketch replaced Carlo Cannon, who had been Shamrock's championship partner, since Cannonis out with a broken leg), Jonathan Preston & Sean Preston b Mitch Waterman & Nick Bury, P.J. Black b Dowie James, Mad Dog b Mil Muertes in a hardcore match to keep the BCW title. (thanks to Kevin Chiat)
- BCW had advertised Kellyanne for last night's show in Adelaide, but she was also booked last night in Melbourne against Millie McKenzie for Melbourne Championship Wrestling. Lots of people gave BCW criticism for false advertising, and she was not on the BCW show.
- Melbourne Championship Wrestling from last night in Melbourne: Brat Pack b Street Gang Hooligans to keep tag titles, DCT b Ritchie Taylor, Jonathan Preston & Alan Payne b Helter Skelter, Millie McKenzie b Kellyanne, Indi Hartwell b Avary, Dowie James won three-way over Tommy Knight and T-Rex, Locky Hendricks b Robbie Eagles. Eagles said he was leaving the promotion for now. He's booked in the New Japan Best of the Super Juniors tournament. He will face Slex on 5/18.
- BCW from last night in Adelaide: Drago b Aero Star, Famous B b Jesse Hendy, Mortar b Catrina, P.J. Black won 15 man Aztec Battle Royal, Vixsin b Arya Reign, Gabriel Wolfe b Chavo Guerrero Jr., Handicap match: Ken Shamrock kept tag titles over Jack Rosssely & Joe Mundie, Mad Dog won three-way over P.J. Black and Mil Muertes to keep BCW title.
- Jay Lethal has been advertised for 7/27 in Perth, Western Australia for NHPW.
- Eve results from Friday in London with Kris Wolf's farewell match: Killer Kelly won four-way over Session Moth Martina, Erin Angel and Laura DiMatteo, Jinny b Jetta, Jamie Hayter b Viper, Kay Lee Ray b Nina Samuels, Kris Wolf d Laura DiMatteo over 2:00, Kris Wolf b Erin Angel, Kris Wolf b Rhia O'Reilly, Kris Wolf b Jetta, Kris Wolf b Rebel Kinney, Kris Wolf b Killer Kelly, Kris Wolf d Viper 2:00, Kris Wolf b Kay Lee Ray, Kris Wolf b Session Moth Martina, Nina Samuels b Kris Wolf, Jinny d Kris Wolf 2:00, Kris Wolf d Jamie Hayter 2:00, Kris Wolf b Charli Evans. The show ended with a ten bell salute to Wolf. (thanks to Shannon Walsh and wrestlingwithdemons.net)
- Northeast Wrestling from Friday night in Danbury, CT: JT Dunn b Scorpio Sky, Randy Shawn won three-way over Chris Battle and Mike Verna, Keith Youngblood & Jerry Lawler (managed by Ricky Steamboat) b Anthony Battle & Daniel Evans to win titles, RJ Rude & Zane Bernardo NC Dexter Loux & Mike Gamble, Bully Ray & Wrecking Ball Legursky b Ron Zombie & Jimmy Preston & Jared Silberkleit in a handicap match, Brad Hollister b Darby Allin to keep NEW title, Tasha Steelz won women's Battle Royal, Brian Anthony b David Arquette in a no DQ match, Pentagon Jr. & Rey Fenix b Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian. Arquette turned heel after his match and tried to play Andy Kaufman, so Lawler came out and laid him out with a piledriver.
- Northeast Wrestling from last night in Holyoke, MA: Chris Battle b DL Hurst, Karissa Rivera b Tasha Steelz, Mike Verna b Wrecking Ball Legursky, Mike Gamble & Dexter Loux won three-way over Tommy & PJ Grayson and RJ Rude & Zane Bernardo, Fenix & Pentagon Jr. b Christian Casanova & JT Dunn, Brad Hollister & Jerry Lawler & Keith Youngblood b Brian Anthony & Daniel Evans & Anthony Battle. (thanks to Nick Mahmood)
- KSW has signed a streaming deal with Bild in Germany.
- WSU from Friday in Voorhees, NJ: Violette b Shazza McKenzie, Ruthless LaLa b Izzy McCoy, Ava Everett & Angel Sinclair b Diamante & Valentina, Gabby Gilbert & Luscious Latasha b Nina Monet & Ravna Xin, Megan Mason & Davienne b Veda Scott & Aja Perera, Kasey Catal b Corrine Mix, Brittany Blake b Jinx, Angel Sinclair & Ava Everett won three-way tag team tournament finals over Gabby Gilbert & Luscious Latasha and Megan Moasn & Davienne. The two were given trophies since the belts ordered hadn't come back yet.
- Congrats to Luke Thomas of MMA Fighting, on the birth of daughter Violeta Ani yesterday.
- Jungle Boy tapped out Bryan Alvarez last night in Union City, CA to retain the APW jr. title in Union City, CA, before about 325 fans. I was told by someone other than Bryan that it was the match of the night, which is a big deal since Jacob Fatu, who is awesome, worked the main event against Adam Thornstowe, who is very good.
- Sawako Shimono had her retirement match on today's Pro Wrestling WAVE show in Osaka, Japan.
- Ladies Night out from last night in Texas City, TX: Jenna Lynn b Jewels Malone, Miranda Alize b Allie Recks, Harlow O'Hara b Rok-C, Keira Hogan b Ivory Robyn, Raychall Rose b Kylie Rae in Rae's last match with the promotion and Rae was given a cake, that didn't end up in anyone' face, Laynie Luck b Su Yung in a no DQ match. Jordynne Grace b Penelope Ford. (thanks to Shannon Walsh and wrestlingwithdemons.net)
- Bushwhacker Luke noted that he was billed to be at a Walmart in Ozark, AR on 5/3 and said he wouldn't be there and knew nothing of it. Walmart then took down the notice. Apparently a supposed agent for Luke tried to scam the Walmart out of a deposit.
- Limitless Wrestling on 5/10 in Westbrook, ME with MJF vs. Ashley Vox and Allie Kat vs. Shazza McKenzie.
- CWE tonight in Sault Ste Marie, ONT with Psicosis vs. Vinnie DaVinci as the main event.
- Ultimo Dragon is coming to North Tonawanda, NY for Empire State Wrestling on 5/18 at the St. Johnsburg Fire Hall. Also on the show are Kevin Bennett, Anthony Greene, MJF, Tyler Bateman, Brandon Thurston vs. Fred Yehi, Josh Briggs vs Bill Collier and more.
- A story on somebody Vince McMahon would have freaked over in the 80s who wants to do MMA.
Daily Pro Wrestling History: Owen Hart wins Intercontinental title
F4W Empire Convention Info:
- Ed in San Antonio presents PODER~! at the FSW arena on Friday 5/24 - Showtime is at noon - Main event: Bryan Alvarez vs. Logan Stunt
- Empire dinner on Friday 5/24 at 8:30 p.m. at Texas de Brazil - Price is $82 - All you can eat meat and salad, sodas, tea, and coffee, plus dessert included
- Empire suite party on Friday 5/24 for those who were not able to get the Q&A package - Price is $25
- Poll opinions: email@example.com
- Feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Show results and news tips: email@example.com
- Wrestling Observer Radio questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Support the Empire~! with F4W shirts. Grab yours today!