The Latest News
- WWE Mexico City live results: Styles vs. Joe, Rousey vs. Jax
- RevPro books Will Ospreay vs. PAC for High Stakes 2019
- Sami Callihan replacing PCO in MLW falls count anywhere match
- NJPW World Tag League: Updated standings and results
- NXT Tampa, FL, live results: Keith Lee vs. Dominik Dijakovic
- NJPW World Tag League live results: Guerrillas of Destiny vs. Sabre & Taichi
- UFC Fight Night 142 live results: Junior Dos Santos vs. Tai Tuivasa
The Latest Audio
- WOL: TLC line-up, ROH signings, WWE vs. ROH Mania weekend, more! 12/2
- WOR: Wilder vs. Fury, ROH signings, UFC Fight Night, more! 12/2
We're looking for reports on tonight's WWE shows with Raw in Bossier City, LA and Smackdown in Arlington, TX, as well as ICW Fear & Loathing in Glasgow and AAA's Guerra de Titanes in San Luis Potosi.
AAA GUERRA DE TITANES TONIGHT AT 7:30 P.M. EASTERN FROM AGUASCALIENTES
- Faby Apache vs. Keyra (who won't be there as she's doing a WWE tryout) vs. Lady Shani vs. Hiedra vs. Scarlett Bordeaux for Reina de Reinas title
- Mamba & Maximo & Pimpinela Escarlata vs. La Mascara & Parka Negra & Taurus
- Carta Brava Jr. & Mocho Cota Jr. & Tito Santana vs. Angelikal & El Hijo del Vikingo & Laredo Kid for the AAA trios titles
- Joe Lider & Pagano vs. Rey Escorpion & El Texano Jr. vs. Ciclope & Miedo Extremo in a hardcore match for the AAA tag titles
- El Hijo del Fantasma vs. Drago to the Latin American title
- Dr. Wagner Jr. & Psycho Clown vs. Blue Demon Jr. & Killer Kross
NEW JAPAN WORLD TAG LEAGUE FROM KOCHI MONDAY ON SAME DAY TAPE DELAY ON NEW JAPAN WORLD
- Ayato Yoshida & Shota Umino vs. Minoru Suzuki & Takashi Iizuka
- Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa vs. Yuji Nagata & Manabu Nakanishi
- Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima vs. Hangman Page & Yujiro Takahashi
- Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr. vs. Juice Robinson & David Finlay
- Michael Elgin & Jeff Cobb vs. Zack Sabre Jr. & Taichi
- Togi Makabe & Toa Henare vs. Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano
- Evil & Seiya Sanada vs. Trent Baretta & Chuckie T
Raw is Monday in Houston with Ronda Rousey & Natalya vs. Nia Jax & Tamina. There is no Smackdown house show so Smackdown wrestlers could appear on the show,although there's no interpromotional angle for that to make sense. So it sounds like a day on the road for them with no show, which is never fun.
NEW JAPAN WORLD TAG LEAGUE FROM KOBE ON TUESDAY SAME DAY TAPE DELAY ON NEW JAPAN WORLD
- Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa vs. Shota Umino & Ayato Yoshida
- Hangman Page & Yujiro Takahashi vs. Yuji Nagata & Manabu Nakanishi
- Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima vs. Zack Sabre Jr. & Taichi
- Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr. vs. Togi Makabe & Toa Henare
- Michael Elgin & Jeff Cobb vs. Minoru Suzuki & Takashi Iizuka
- Baretta & Chuckie T vs. Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano
- Evil & Seiya Sanada vs. Juice Robinson & David Finlay
ALL JAPAN TAG TEAM TOURNAMENT TUESDAY IN ORO
- Jake Lee & Koji Iwamoto vs. Yuma Aoyagi & Atsushi Maruyama
- Jun Akiyama & Kishin Kawabata & Carbell Ito vs. Atsushi Aoki & Hikaru Sato & Yusuke Okada
- Kento Miyahara & Yoshitatsu & Naoya Nomura vs. Joe Doering & Dylan James & Black Menso-re
- Zeus & The Bodyguard vs. Tajiri & Gianni Valletta
- Kengo Mashimo & Kai vs. Suwama & Shuji Ishikawa
- Takao Omori & Manabu Soya vs. Parrow & Odinson
Tuesday has Smackdown in Austin, TX with the Smackdown semifinals of the Mixed Match Challenge with Jeff Hardy & Charlotte Flair vs. vs. R-Truth & Carmella and The Miz & Asuka vs. Jimmy Uso & Naomi.
After WWE revived the Starrcade brand for an untelevised house show in Greensboro, North Carolina in 2017, this year's Thanksgiving weekend event was part house show/part WWE Network special. The show took place in Cincinnati, Ohio on Saturday before a one-hour version of Starrcade 2018 aired on Sunday. The Network special featured a mix of matches and segments.
Sorting out the future of the UK independent scene and the changes made in what WWE UK contracted wrestlers are allowed to do is the lead story in the new issue of the Wrestling Observer.
The new double issue is a major look back at history as well, with a huge story on Larry Matysik and the rise and fall of St. Louis wrestling in the 70s and the 80s, and a look at Texas wrestling with the life of Jose Lothario.
The lead story talks about the original WWE deals, cards that have to change, promotions that have to change booking plans at different levels, as well as the end of Walter on the independent scene.
Look at why Walter chose this deal and what makes him unique in WWE regarding goals, as well as why he's not already on the main roster and never went to New Japan. Look at how many promotions are affected, and the future of some of the most popular U.K. groups.
The article on Larry Matysik includes looking at some of the biggest matches of the St. Louis wrestling club, how Matysik started with pro wrestling, his start as a television announcer, the heyday of Wrestling at the Chase, how talent was paid, and how Ric Flair first got into St. Louis.
There is a feature on the career of Jose Lothario, the role of Mexican stars in Texas wrestling, how Lothario first became a major U.S. star long before his famous Texas run. Also look at his feud with Gino Hernandez, his long title history record, and comments from many of the biggest stars on his career.
ORDERING INFO: Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to Dave Meltzer, or by using PayPal directing funds to Dave@WrestlingObserver.com.
Rates in the United States are $13 for 4 issues, $32 for 12, $61 for 24, $101 for 40 and $131 for 52. In Canada and Mexico, rates are $14.50 for 4, $35 for 12, $67 for 24, $111 for 40 and $144 or 52. In Europe, you can get the fastest delivery and best rates by sending to email@example.com. For the rest of the world, rates are $16.50 for 4, $44 for 12, $85 for 24, $141 for 40 issues and $183 for 52. If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order (P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228), you can get $1 off in every price range.)
If you are a new subscriber ordering 24 or more issues, you can choose one free classic issue or two free classic issues with a 40-issue subscription.
SUNDAY NEWS UPDATE
Our weekend show covering last night's UFC and boxing and the pro wrestling news of the weekend is already up.
The Fury vs. Wilder fight had controversial scoring. To me you can justify pretty much everything between 113-113 draw and 115-111 for Fury, the draw isn't outrageous, but the card given by Alejandro Rochin was bad.
The fight did 2 million Google searches, which would indicate again far more interest than most anticipated. It was the most searched for item on the Internet yesterday. Last night's UFC show did 20,000, which is on the low side. A 2 million number would be equivalent to a Jones-Cormier level UFC fight or a WrestleMania.
Larry Matysik's funeral was this afternoon. Herb Simmons' Facebook page has some of the local TV news spots on his death.
Titus O'Neil on Friday night was honored as one of Ebony's Power 100 people.
WWE had no main roster shows on Friday and last night was a joint-brand show at Arena Ciudad in Mexico City. There was a botch in a six-man tag where Rey Mysterio & Kofi Kingston & Big E wrestled The Colons & Shinsuke Nakamura. The ref counted three even though it wasn't the finish, on Nakamura, and Nakamura had clearly kicked out. So the Mexico City crowd never got a 619 nor Mysterio's planned finishing sequence. Ronda Rousey is on the road with the Raw brand this weekend.
On tonight's Guerra de Titanes show, they are supposed to have an AAA heavyweight title match with Fenix vs. Brian Cage. Fenix is injured so we're not sure how this will be handled.
ICW's Fear & Loathing show today in Glasgow at the Hydro drew poorly, as maybe half of last year's show and one-thrid of the show two years ago.
Evidently there are even more restrictions on WWE U.K. talent given that Tyler Bate, Trent Seven and Pete Dunne lost a loser leaves town match in Fight Club Pro, which is the promotion that Seven owns.
- Australia's Jonah Rock is expected to start here in January.
- On the latest episode of Main Event Radio, PCO Pierre-Carl Ouellet joined Ryan Rider and Steve Rockamniac to discuss his new contract with Ring of Honor and making a "Rocky" style comeback at the age of 50.
- Impact from Friday night in Newark, CA: Eddie Edwards b Scotty Wringer, Shane Kody & Rik Luxury & Sledge b El Guerrero & Tony Vargas & Kaka Meng, Rich Swann b Marcus Lewis, The Freaks b The Crist Brothers, Brian Cage b Moose, Tessa Blanchard b Keira Hogan, Johnny Impact b Eli Drake. (thanks to Shannon Walsh)
- With PCO pulling out of the 12/13 MLW tapings in Miami, the L.A.Park vs. PCO falls count anywhere match is now Park vs. Sami Callihan.
- wXw announced Penta 0M for its 16 Carat Gold tournament in March. (thanks to Markus Gronemann)
- Bellator announced a 3/22 show from Thackerville, OK, on Paramount with Emmanel Sanchez (17-4) vs. Ashleigh Grimshaw (20-10-1, 3 no contests) as the main event.
- BCW from Friday night in Melbourne, Australia: Madison Eagles b Bianka, Madison Eagles b Channel Phoenix Erika Reid b Madison Eagles-DQ, Vixsin b Erika Reid to win gauntlet and be the top contender for their women's title, Jonathan Preston NC Mitch Waterman, Carlo Cannon b Avary, Mad Dog b Nick Bury to keep the BCW title, Vance Adams & Big Cuz b Cletus & Cody Swift, Dowie James b Mick Moretti, Ken Shamrock b Gabriel Wolfe, Ken Shamrock & Carlo Cannon b Gabriel Wolfe & Big Cuz to win the BCW tag titles. The next show is 3/1 with Melina returning to defend her women's title against Vixsin, plus Robbie E is coming in and Dowie James vs. Mick Morretti in a 60 minute Iron Man match. (thanks to Kevin Chiat)
- Insane Wrestling Revolution from Thursday night in Allen Park, MI: N8 Mattson b Joe Coleman, Malcolm Monroe won three-way over Movado and Stills, Willie Watts b Benjamin Boone, Fat Tony b Billy Ray Daniels, DBA & Jaimy Coxxx b Gavin Quinn & Juntai, Shane Douglas b Joe E. Legend. (thanks to Leonard Brand)
- Legend, who lives in Germany, is back home and visiting and working shows in the midwest.
- Walter and Masato Tanaka were said to have had an amazing match in the U.K.this weekend. (thanks to Will Cooling)
- Newcastle Pro Wrestling from yesterday in Newcastle, Australia: Mat Diamond b Jax Jordan, Tanner Moe b Parker Thomas, Head Hunter Rig b Ricky South, Carter Deams & Matty Wahlberg b Jackson Kelly & Will Keidis, Jack Bonza & Madison Eagles & Mick Moretti b Massive Q & Michael Spencer & Xena, Tyler Payne b Unsocial Jordan-DQ, Harley Wonderland won three-way over Indi Hartwell and Shazza McKenzie to win women's title. (thanks to Kevin Chiat)
- Stardom from today in Tokyo at Shin-kiba: Hana Kimura won three-way over Hanan and Starlight Kid, Momo Watanabe & AZM & Konami b Kagetsu & Natsu Sumire & Hazuki-DQ, Mayu Iwatani & Tam Nakano & Arisa Hoshiki b Jungle Kyona & Natsuko Tora & Ruaka, Utami Hayashishita won rookie of the year gauntlet over Natsumi, Rina and Hina, Mary Apache b Saki Kashima to keep the High Speed title. (thanks to Shannon Walsh)
- House of Hardcore Blizzard Brawl last night in Waukesha, WI: Eugene b Richard Maxwell, Swoggle won over TV3 and Bullet Proof, MVP b Big Cass, Al Snow & Kat Herro b Robbie E & Jay Bradley Abyss b Tommy Dreamer, LAX b Clayton Gainz & Jimmy Jacobs, Willie Mack b Sami Callihan to retain Twitch championship.
- Hoosier Pro Wrestling from last night in Columbus, IN: Scarecrow b Ace Jackson, Lightning Bolt b Corvis, Omega b Duke the Nuke, Fireball b Buck Sexton, Dynamite Dillen b Jason Levi, Flash Flanagan b Dewey Brown, Butcher Manson b Kenny Kage. (thanks to Jerry Wilson)
- IPW from Friday night in Canterbury, UK: Joe Nelson won four-way over Shane Taylor, A-Kid and Ricky Knight Jr., Bobbi Tyler b Candy Floss, Josh Bodom b TK Cooper, Rob Sharpe & James Storm b Jack Sexsmith & Shane Taylor, Ben Basden b Maverick Mayhew, Anti Fun Police b Lord Gideon Gray & Great O'Kharn (Tomoyuki Oka) in an IPW tag title match, Kip Sabian b Mike Bird in an IPW title match. They announced a 2/20 show with the return of Pac.
- Travis Kelce, the tight end for the Kansas City Chiefs gave a teammate a stone cold stunner after scoring a touchdown earlier today. (thanks to John Hasson)
- World League Wrestling from last night in Troy, MO: Karim Brigante b Jack Gamble to win Italian Wrestling Association title, Jaden Roller b Kyle Roberts, Rex Fults b Austin Cravens, Camaro Jackson & Kenny Alfonso b Jon Webb & Jack Gamble, Leland Race & Monica Passen b Jayden Domenic Rose & Stacey O'Brien. On 3/9, Nick Aldis comes in to defend the NWA title against Leland Race. (thanks to Patrick Brandmeyer)
- Mike Mooneyham writes about 60s and 70s star Buddy Colt. (thanks to Lee Wall)
Daily Pro Wrestling History: Kyle O'Reilly wins ROH title at Final Battle 2016
- Poll opinions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Feedback: email@example.com
- Show results and news tips: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wrestling Observer Radio questions: email@example.com
- Support the Empire~! with F4W shirts. Grab yours today!