- WWE moving ahead with WrestleMania despite coronavirus concerns
- Dennis Rodman WWE Untold episode to premiere later this month
- Updated AEW top-five roster rankings
- Colt Cabana to make AEW in-ring debut in Dynamite eight-man tag
- Matt Hardy video features Young Bucks, teases AEW deal
- Bayley & Banks vs. Naomi & Evans rematch set for WWE SmackDown
- WOL: AEW vs. NXT, Matt Hardy, Ricochet, tons more! 3/4
- B&V&C: Retro Raw and Nitro from 19 years ago this week! 3/3
Are you interested in attending our annual F4W/WON convention? We will hold it during AEW Double or Nothing weekend. For more information, check this post for activities and prices.
An update on the WrestleMania card after Super Showdown with 11 currently decided upon matches and five or six others in discussion is covered in the current issue of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.
The lead story updates how the coronavirus has affected Japanese pro wrestling as well as Japanese culture. We talk about sports and entertainment cancellations, the shows new Japan Pro Wrestling has canceled, the prospects for this year's New Japan Cup, an update on Stardom,DDT,Dragon Gate, All Japan, NOAH and other Japanese companies on what shows are on and off. We look at if New Japan can still save the New Japan Cup, history of New Japan Cup winners vs. G-1 winners taking the IWGP title, an a breakdown of the original tournament plans.
The new issue also covers:
Plans and background of the coming WrestleMania, as well as Super Showdown coverage with match-by-match coverage with star ratings.
A feature on Manabu Nakanishi's career and coverage of his retirement show this past week. We look at the difference between Nakanishi and Jushin Liger, Nakanishi's amateur wrestling days, Nakanishi's shoot fighting days, Nakanishi in WCW, the Nakanishi heyday and the past decade. We note the major surgery that nearly ended his career ad slowed him down, and some of the all-time greats comment on Nakanishi.
The major matches in the New Japan ring over the past week.
WWE television deals, WWE Network price change, XFL ratings, Samoa Joe suspension, New WWE international signing, WWE injury updates, Canadian TV ratings, Ric Flair's 71st birthday, how much Raw has fallen in four yeas, Edge's return,NXT Takeover notes, Evolve news for WrestleMania week with WWE talent, Australia tour, stock value, most-watched shows on the WWE Network as well as a look at every WWE arena event over the past week with business notes and highlights.
A preview of the AEW PPV and full coverage of the UFC show in Auckland, New Zealand.
Regarding the Wednesday numbers, we've got full details, demos that each side won, how every segment did and what match ended up as the difference maker.
Full coverage of all the WWE and AEW television shows from the past week.
In-depth looks at the ratings of all the major shows, the key demos and quarters for AEW and WWE, what happened head-to-head and what can be learned from them.
Results of all the major pro wrestling events around the world over the past week.
ORDERING INFO: Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to firstname.lastname@example.org or by going to www.paypal.com directing funds to email@example.com.
Rates in the United States are $14.50 for 4 issues, $35.50 for 12, $70 for 24, $116 for 40 and $149.50 for 52.
In Canada and Mexico, the rates are $16 for 4, $27 for 8, $38.50 for 12, $76 for 24, $126 for 40 and $162.50 for 52.
For the rest of the world, rates are $18 for 4, $48.50 for 12, $93 for 24, $155 for 40 and $201.50 for 52.
If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order to P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228, you can get $1 off in every price range.
WEDNESDAY NEWS UPDATE
- The Tegan Nox vs. Dakota Kai steel cage match will open tonight’s NXT. There will be two cage matches on the show, with Velveteen Dream also set to take on Roderick Strong.
- WWE posted a video where Isaiah “Swerve” Scott challenged Austin Theory for tonight’s show.
- Advertised for WWE’s 3/22 Madison Square Garden event is Drew McIntyre vs. Randy Orton, Kabuki Warriors vs. Charlotte Flair and Becky Lynch, Street Profits and Ricochet vs. AJ Styles, Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows and a four way eight man elimination tag bout featuring Seth Rollins, Murphy and the AOP against Kevin Owens, Aleister Black and the Viking Raiders. Andrade, Zelina Vega, Shayna Baszler, Natalya and Bobby Lashley have also been announced.
- WWE has filed trademarks for “Left Right Left Right,” “LRLR,” and “LEFTRIGHTLEFTRIGHT.”
- Big Show will appear on tomorrow’s episode of Corey Graves’ After the Bell podcast.
- WWE’s YouTube channel uploaded John Cena vs. Kevin Owens from Elimination Chamber 2015.
- WWE has an extra from the upcoming FCW documentary featuring Baron Corbin and Steve Keirn.
- Real Japan Pro Wrestling chairman Sinma Kotobuki is saying that the first Tiger Mask, Satoru Sayama, is suffering from a condition “close to Parkinson’s disease”.
- TMZ wrote a story on MJF flipping off a seven-year-old. This upset the parent, who raised the issue to Cody Rhodes. Cody responded by inviting the family to a future event but also warned to not expect characters to act any differently than they do on television.
- A special on Total Nonstop Action (TNA) ahead of the There’s No Place Like Home reunion event will air on March 31st at 10 p.m. ET on AXS.
- PWInsider is reporting that Teddy Hart is back in jail after being arrested in Richmond, Virginia today. No further details on the arrest are known at this time.
- Jim Ross will be the guest on the AEW Unrestricted podcast tomorrow.
- CM Punk is slated to star in a new horror movie called “Jakob’s Wife” alongside Barbara Crampton.
- The ticket sale for ROH/NJPW War of the Worlds has been pushed back to Wednesday, March 11 at 10 a.m. for Honor Club members and March 13 at 10 a.m. local time for the general public.
- Alex Gracia is the latest entrant announced for ROH’s Women’s Championship tournament.
- Mascarita Dorada will debut for MLW next month on Saturday, April 18 at Cicero Stadium in Illinois.
- Black Label Pro has announced “Don’t Go Breaking my Arm” for May 2nd in Crown Point, Indiana.
- Episode three of Embedded for UFC 248 is now available.
- Josh Barnett has failed a “medical requirement” and is out of his Bellator fight against Ronny Markes on March 13. Matt Mitrione has been announced as his replacement.
- A match between Petr Yan and Marlon Moraes is set for UFC Kazakhstan on June 13.
- A video showing Israel Adesanya preparing for his match against Yoel Romero this weekend.
- Rhalan Gracie, the son of Relson Gracie, will make his Bellator MMA debut on May 9 against Dominic Sumner.
Daily Pro Wrestling History:Stan Hansen wins AJPW Triple Crown
- Poll opinions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Feedback: email@example.com
- Show results and news tips: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wrestling Observer Radio questions: email@example.com
- Support the Empire~! with F4W shirts. Grab yours today