- Two matches added to WWE NXT
- Rickey Shane Page, Harlow O'Hara set to debut on 18-match AEW Dark
- Women's Invitational set for NWA Empower PPV
- Matt & Reby Hardy welcome birth of fourth child
- John Cena's movie schedule won't affect WWE SummerSlam plans
- WWE Raw video highlights: Money in the Bank go-home show
- WOL: RAW report, Thunderdome memories, DRAFT thoughts, more!
- DragonKingKarl Classic Wrestling Show: June 1982 in pro wrestling
- WOR: Paul Orndorff death, John Cena update, RAW report, tons more!
- F4D: FINAL THUNDERDOME SMACKDOWN, New Japan Strong, more!
JOB LISTING: Web/UI Developer(s)
- Experience with OnLamp (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP)
- GITHUB and Linux command line experience while be helpful as well.
- CMS - Drupal and Wordpress. vBulletin
- Possible experience with AWS (s3 specifically), Dreamhost, UI development
- Cloud based hosting experience a plus
While this is a diverse request this doesn't have to be just one person! If you fit any part of this please feel free to inquire.
This is not just for projects related to F4WOnline.
- Send all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org with title WEB DEVELOPER.
- If you have inquired before, please send your information again.
Latest Free YouTube Video:
We have a lot of different news stories headlining the new issue of the Observer. Our lead story looks at the condition of Terry Funk, his legacy and his generation of wrestlers.
Also in this issue:
Ticket sales for WWE and AEW shows including the four shows that will top 10,000 tickets sold, hottest wrestling tickets on the secondary market as well as this week's UFC show, ticket sales for all AEW events on sale, every major WWE show including Madison Square Garden and every event this month, details on all shows and capacity of the buildings.
Schedule and some early details on the 2021 G1 Climax tournament.
The arrest of Jonathan Fatu (Jimmy Uso), his track record of arrests from the past and more reaction.
Grappl's list of the best matches of 2021 so far as well as sleeper matches from small promotions worth checking out.
The biggest lawsuit settlement in WWE history, update on John Cena, Linda McMahon with Donald Trump, Daniel Bryan mentions on Smackdown, Thea Trinidad return to WWE, how often each company does rematches, Smackdown doing a split site show, changes to a WWE streaming product, huge match coming, wrestlers recently cut were to be put in a new group, notes on Breakout tournament competitors, International TV ratings for WWE and AEW, WWE exec honored as one of the best in the world except they fired him, new WWE marketing deal, the most viewed segments on YouTube of WWE programming this past week as well as the current WWE market value.
Update Dwayne Johnson's planned launch of the XFL and explain the latest delays.
A story on the death of Cyanide Sid Cooper, a top U.K. heel who was both a major inspiration of the Lord Steven Regal character in WCW and Regal's favorite wrestler as a young child, his matches, what he was known for, life after wrestling and more.
Coverage of AAA's Verano de Escandalo.
A story on Chris Romero aka Chris Youngblood, from the famous Romero wrestling family, his family, including relatives few know about, his breaking into the business, how he became a big star in Puerto Rico, the heyday of The Youngbloods there, the death of Bruiser Brody, and the glory days of All Japan Pro Wrestling.
More detail on the ratings than any other source, we have how every segment on NXT and AEW did with different age groups, genders and more, plus a look at all other wrestling shows of the past week, how many different viewers the shows had, DVR numbers and how long the average fan watches.
Results of the major pro wrestling events of the past week.
ORDERING INFO: Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to email@example.com or by going to www.paypal.com directing funds to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rates in the United States are $14.50 for 4 issues, $35.50 for 12, $70 for 24, $116 for 40 and $149.50 for 52.
In Canada and Mexico, the rates are $16 for 4, $27 for 8, $38.50 for 12, $76 for 24, $126 for 40 and $162.50 for 52.
For the rest of the world, rates are $18 for 4, $48.50 for 12, $93 for 24, $155 for 40 and $201.50 for 52.
If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order to P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228, you can get $1 off in every price range.
TUESDAY NEWS UPDATE
- WWE has uploaded Paul Orndorff’s Hall of Fame speech from 2005 on their YouTube page.
- Baron Corbin has set up a Cameo. He posted an in-character promo asking people to help him out after losing his investments and his crown.
- Big E, in an interview with TalkSport, said he and the rest of the New Day rejected the idea of splitting up after Kofimania: “I can’t really divulge the conversation, but even from the top of the business, the very head of what we do – you know exactly who I’m talking about – he directly told us ‘hey, this is the idea’ and we said, we’re not feeling it. This was post-KofiMania. There were people who wanted it earlier [than that] as well. If we’d done it, we would have missed out on so many great moments. I still think that doing it now or soon, there are great moments to come and we have a lot more to offer. I think you’ve seen happy, clappy New Day for a very long time.”
- Blair Davenport, the former Bea Priestley, spoke to TalkSport on what led her to signing with WWE. “I wanted to do everything that I wanted to do, then come to this part in my life,” she said. “During the pandemic, there was a small window. Obviously, I got cut from AEW because my visa expired and there was no hope for a new visa happening at that time. There was a tiny window in August where people who had Japan visas could go back, so I went back to Japan. I loved STARDOM so much, but this time I think I was the only foreigner there, whereas before, I had a group of friends with me. I love the roster, but I did feel very isolated and I started to feel stagnant with my role and feeling like there was only so much more I could do with this company before I stayed in my same position. I hate being stagnant and I wanted to be like, ‘I need to do something for me now. This is when we got in touch with WWE and we were chatting. I almost wanted a bit of time at home as well to have a bit of a rest, but I love NXT UK so much and it’s definitely where I want to be right now.”
- Speaking with TVInsider, Johnny Gargano spoke on taking up a mentor/ambassador role within NXT. “That’s always been my goal,” he said. “I wanted to give what I could. I’m always a bigtime team player, just doing what is best for the show and the brand and company. I’ve been a big proponent of preparing for the future of NXT. Being able to mentor Austin and Indi and give my thoughts and insights wherever they are needed. Also help out other young people on the show. I’m very proud of what I’ve done in NXT. The secret is just constantly changing and evolving and bringing something new to the table.”
- Gargano also spoke to Sportskeeda ahead of his NXT title match tonight against Karrion Kross.
- Sami Zayn on Twitter: “Wow we made it! In 24hrs we raised $10,003 for http://SamiForSyria.com mobile clinic! Thank you all for making this 37 year old boy’s birthday wish come true & for donating to help provide medical care to the displaced Syrian population. So grateful for all of you. Thank you.”
- Beth Phoenix is the guest on this week’s Oral Sessions with Renee Paquette.
- Free matches added to the YouTube page include The Shield vs. The Usos from Money in the Bank 2013, the 2014 men’s Money in the Bank ladder match, and Roman Reigns vs. Dolph Ziggler from the July 9, 2019 edition of SmackDown.
- El Texano Jr. appeared at a press conference for Alberto El Patron’s Robles Patron Promotions and announced he has left AAA for Patron's promotion.
- AEW has released a Road to Fyter Fest video promoting the IWGP US title match, Matt Hardy vs. Christian Cage, and the coffin match between Darby Allin and Ethan Page.
- The NWA held a press conference today for their upcoming 73rd Anniversary Show which included Mickie James, NWA World Champion Nick Aldis, NWA President Billy Corgan, Trevor Murdoch, and NWA Women’s Champion Kamille, among others. At the confrence, Mickie James announced that the NWA will hold a Women’s Invitational Cup, and the winner of that tournament will challenge for the Women’s title at the anniversary show.
- Cody Rhodes will return to Northeast Wrestling on August 14th.
- Trent of the Best Friends talked to Stephanie Chase about his recovery from neck fusion surgery. “It’s been like two weeks now and I feel great, but I know that in between my vertebrae I don’t have bones or anything yet. It’s kind of just dust, and I’m waiting for it to grow into bone. It doesn’t feel like anything but, it’s still gonna be a while before I come back so, but it was actually, surgery-wise, like way easier than I expected it to be.”
- Impact is offering two months of their streaming service, Impact+, for free. When signing up, use the code SLAMMIVERSARY to receive the offer.
- On That Hashtag Show (h/t Post Wrestling), Eddie Edwards said that he was recovering well following a bout of appendicitis. “I’m good man,” he said. “I feel back to 100 percent or as I like to say, normal or whatever normal is. For each and every person, I feel relatively normal right now. It was a rough couple of weeks but now I’m back on and I feel good, back in the routine, getting ready for [Slammiversary] man. There [were] a couple moments like heading to the hospital at the time and it’s like what if there’s a couple minutes of traffic and it’s like, ‘Maybe that’s the two minutes where my appendix blows up and kills me. What if that’s taking me out.’ You try to stay positive, and it was mostly focused just on the pain and wanting to get it done and over it.”
- Arturo Ruas spoke to Wrestling Inc. about the Raw Underground concept. “RAW Underground was totally different than what we see in pro wrestling matches,” he said. “I had so much fun doing it, and I had the opportunity to talk with a lot of people and that was very good to be there. I had so much fun on the show. It was supposed to be non-stop, running all the time, but the pandemic sucks, and the pandemic changed the lives of millions of people. So RAW Underground died because of the pandemic.”
- Kelsey Heather is one of the few people that have appeared on AEW and WWE television that aired on the same night. On AEW Dark: Elevation yesterday, she lost to Leyla Hirsch. On Raw, she was one of the women associated with Bobby Lashley and MVP, appearing in backstage segments and on the VIP Lounge.
- WatchMojo posted a video of their top 10 AEW Dynamite matches.
- Sammy Guevara’s latest vlog, which features the Dark Order after they were booted from Being the Elite.
- A video featuring Session Moth Martina ahead of OTT’s return to shows starting on July 18 in Belfast, Ireland.
- Sean Waltman turns 49 today.
Daily Pro Wrestling History: WCW Great American Bash 1997
- Poll opinions: email@example.com
- Feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Show results and news tips: email@example.com
- Wrestling Observer Radio questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Support the Empire~! with F4W shirts. Grab yours today