- VIDEO: Being The Elite - Christopher Daniels contemplates retirement
- Alexa's Playground with Natalya & Tamina set for WWE Raw
- ROH TV results: Josh Woods vs. Silas Young
- Pete Dunne interview announced for WWE NXT
- ROH Best In The World to be held in front of fans
- NJPW to resume shows starting on May 22
- WOL: WrestleMania Backlash fallout, zombies, fans returning around the world, more!
- WOR: WWE WrestleMania Backlash, extended mailbag, more!
- B&V: WrestleMania Backlash 2021!
JOB LISTING: Web/UI Developer(s)
- Experience with OnLamp (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP)
- GITHUB and Linux command line experience while be helpful as well.
- CMS - Drupal and Wordpress. vBulletin
- Possible experience with AWS (s3 specifically), Dreamhost, UI development
- Cloud based hosting experience a plus
While this is a diverse request this doesn't have to be just one person! If you fit any part of this please feel free to inquire.
This is not just for projects related to F4WOnline.
- Send all inquiries to email@example.com with title WEB DEVELOPER.
- If you have inquired before, please send your information again.
Latest Free YouTube Video:
Dave Meltzer covers the state of emergency in Japan, the actual stats, shows canceled, when NJPW is set to return.
Lots more on the life of Brian Pillman, what Dark Side didn't cover, his football career, contract disputes, booking idea if he stayed with WCW, children and legacy.
Also in this issue:
- Match and wrestler of the week
- AEW & WWE back on the road and details
- A look at the next two major pro wrestling PPV shows
- UFC coverage of Saturday's show, next week's show, new fights, new financial info
- Most detailed look at ratings, what shows do people watch longest, what shows do they watch live or most on DVR, Segment breakdowns and and exclusive info on how the different shows are consumed
- U.S. Olympic wrestling preview
- The amazing historical story of a fugitive in a foreign country who held the biggest tag team title in the world, and his shocking death
- Notes on AEW television schedule for the next six weeks
- 2016 Gold medalist talks WWE
ORDERING INFO: Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to firstname.lastname@example.org or by going to www.paypal.com directing funds to email@example.com.
Rates in the United States are $14.50 for 4 issues, $35.50 for 12, $70 for 24, $116 for 40 and $149.50 for 52.
In Canada and Mexico, the rates are $16 for 4, $27 for 8, $38.50 for 12, $76 for 24, $126 for 40 and $162.50 for 52.
For the rest of the world, rates are $18 for 4, $48.50 for 12, $93 for 24, $155 for 40 and $201.50 for 52.
If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order to P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228, you can get $1 off in every price range.
MONDAY NEWS UPDATE
Bryan and I will be back tonight covering Raw, the AT&T/Discovery merger, the return of ROH to live shows and more news from WrestleMania Backlash. You can send email questions for the show to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Tyson Fury vs. Anthony Joshua fight that seemed to be a go is now on hold as arbitrator Daniel Weinstein ruled that the contract for Fury to face Deontay Wilder that they signed prior to the first fight that guaranteed an automatic rematch was valid. The fight, set for 8/14 in Saudi Arabia, could still happen if Wilder gets paid enough to agree to step aside. But that would have to be a huge amount of money. Fury was at the WWE PPV yesterday with his son, and shared photos of his son with Vince McMahon and Rey Mysterio.
For the first time ever, a WWE PPV failed to crack the top 20 in Google Searches, with No. 20 being at 100,000. That would indicate the lowest interest level except maybe for some of the overseas shows. However, Dave Bautista did chart No. 6 at 200,000, some of which was for responding to people who blamed him for the Miz vs. Damien Priest fiasco. He said to blame Vince. We're currently taking polls on WrestleMania Backlash as well as UFC 262, so you can leave a thumbs up, down or middle along with a best and worst match for each show to email@example.com
AEW put tickets on sale for Double or Nothing on 5/30. They did not sell out instantly although they sold 3,000 tickets in the first few hours. As of last word a few hours back, they had set up for 3,700 and had about 3,000 sold.
As far as the NBA Playoffs go, Raw is lucky tonight with nothing. NXT on Tuesday goes against two games, Charlotte vs. Indiana at 6:30 p.m. and Washington vs Boston at 9 p.m. AEW on Wednesday goes against San Antonio vs. Memphis at 7:30 p.m. While they are lucky not to go against Golden State vs. Los Angeles, which starts after Dynamite ends, many people will want to catch at least the end of the first game. There will also be one game on Friday night to be determined.
Fit Finlay was on Gerald Brisco & John Layfield's podcast and Finlay said that the COVID outbreak in New Japan included his son. He said that several wrestlers when they were leaving the country to go home and had to take a test to get on the plane tested positive. The names he gave were his son and Jay White, so both had to stay in Japan to quarantine before they could travel home. He also said that his son was confused about his next move career-wise. We were able to confirm the story but Finlay and White were the only other names we heard that tested positive and are remaining in Japan. At this point, with New Japan back running, on 5/25, it makes sense for them to stay since White for sure was booked for Dominion and both could work shows shortly.
Announced for Raw tonight is Alexa's Playhouse with new women's tag champs Natalya & Tamina. The show has been torn up several times today and as of a few hours ago was still being rewritten.
Ringside News reported that the original plan for yesterday's show was for the Bobby Lashley vs. Drew McIntyre vs. Braun Strowman match to be in the main event slot, but it was changed to the Roman Reigns vs Cesaro match. We have confirmed this is accurate and actually the entire order of the matches were changed the day of more than once.
Kip Sabian announced today that he had undergone surgery. The angle with Miro on Dynamite was to set up the needed surgery. Sabian on social media said the surgery was a success.
The New York Post called the Miz vs. Priest match one of the saddest moments in WWE history. (thanks to Barry Werner)
Miz suffered a knee injury last night.
- The bruising of Cesaro's arm was not from a prior injury but called "lucky bruising" in the sense the match was about working the arm, and in a ring accident, it ended up bruising.
- Conor McGregor announced today the birth of his third child, a boy named Rian.
- Philip Rowe vs. Orion Cosce is being looked at for the 7/31 show.
- CWE announced its first Internet PPV with Sugar Cube Entertainment on 6/12 at 8 p.m. Eastrn time from Winnipeg for $10. The build will be on the TV show that starts airing on Friday nights at 9 p.m. local time on Shaw TV Winnipeg Ch. 9.
- NWA Powerrr tomorrow has Thunder Rosa vs. Kamille. If Rosa wins, she becomes the top contender for the title held by Serena Deeb. If Kamille wins, she gets the shot at Deeb and Rosa can no longer work for AEW or any other promotion besides the NWA. Pope vs. Matt Cross for the TV title plus NWA tag champs Aron Stevens & JR Kratos, Nick Aldis, Tyrus with manager Austin Idol, War Kings, The end, JennaCide, Melina, Fred Rosser, Marshe Rockett and Sal Rinauro.
- Game Changer Wrestling on Saturday night in Las Vegas. Jack Cartwheel b Jimmy Lloyd, Chris Dickinson b Bad Dude Tito, Jordan Oliver b Ricky Marvin, Lio Rush b Starboy Charlie, Mance Warner & 1 Called Manders & Matthew Justice b Eli Everfly & Damian Drake & Matt Vandagriff, Shlak b Juice Finau, Effy b Dark Sheik, Joey Janela b Allie Kat, Nick Gage b AJ Fury to retain the GCW title. Jon Moxley attacked Gage and they had a big brawl after the match (thanks to Nick Mahmood)
- AXS on Thursday at 10 p.m. will have The Best of Drew Galloway in TNA. Also on Thursday at 3 p.m. they will air the 2014 Lockdown PPV which was headlined by Magnus (Nick Aldis) vs. Samoa Joe and MVP & Jeff Hardy & Eddie Edwards & Davey Richards vs. Bobby Roode & Austin Aries & The Bromans in a Lethal Lockdown match plus Gail Kim vs. Madison Rayne.
- Combate Global and Univision announced Friday's show starting at midnight on Univision will have Christian Perez (4-0) vs. Brian Del Rosario (5-4) Del Rosario is the WBC super welterweight Muay Thai champion. Also Marcos Lloreda (9-6) vs. Luis Iniguez (3-1) and Blanca Marquez (0-0) vs. Mariel Celimen (0-0).
- The third match in the best-of-three with Kanji vs. Gisele Shaw for the Progress women's title will take place on Saturday airing on Peacock.
Daily Pro Wrestling History: Bruno Sammartino wins WWWF World title
- Poll opinions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Feedback: email@example.com
- Show results and news tips: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wrestling Observer Radio questions: email@example.com
- Support the Empire~! with F4W shirts. Grab yours today