The Latest News
- Cyber Monday Sale: Get one month of access for just $3.99!
- Ladder War match confirmed for ROH Final Battle
- WALTER officially signs with WWE
- MJF suffers fractured elbow, recovery time 4-6 weeks
- Restrictions reportedly increased in new NXT UK contracts
- VIDEO: ROH The Pinnacle: 'Honor is Real'
- NJPW World Tag League: Updated standings and results
- Rollins IC title open challenge, Balor vs. Corbin set for WWE Raw
- WWE Starrcade Network special results: AJ Styles vs. Samoa Joe
- Larry Matysik: The Wrestling Observer Radio appearances
The Latest Audio
We're looking for reports on tonight's Raw in Milwaukee. AOP vs. Chad Gable & Bobby Roode for the tag titles, Elias vs. Bobby Lashley, Baron Corbin vs. Finn Balor as well as a Seth Rollins issuing an open challenge for the IC title are announced.
We're also looking for reports on tonight's Smackdown house show on Monday in Cedar Rapids, IA to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ALL JAPAN REAL WORLD TAG LEAGUE TUESDAY IN SHIRAKAWA GENERAL GYM ON ALL JAPAN TV
- Kotaro Suzuki vs. Yusuke Okada
- Atsushi Aoki & Hikaru Sato vs. Koji Iwamoto & Hokuto Omori
- Tajiri & Gianni Valletta vs. Parrow & Odinson
- Kento Miyahara & Yoshitatsu & Naoya Nomura & Yuma Aoyagi vs. Jun Akiyama & Zeus & Atsushi Maruyama & Black Menro-re
- Joe Doering & Dylan James vs. Takao Omori & Manabu Soya
- Suwama & Shuji Ishikawa vs. Jake Lee & Ryoji Sai
Smackdown, Mixed Match Challenge and 205 Live take place on Tuesday in Minneapolis. Mixed match challenge starts single elimination playoffs with Jinder Mahal & Alicia Fox vs. ? & Ember Moon and Finn Balor & Bayley vs. Bobby Lashley & Mickie James.
NEW JAPAN WORLD TAG LEAGUE WEDNESDAY FROM MITO CITIZENS GYM ON SAME DAY TAPE DELAY ON NEW JAPAN WORLD
- Evil & Sanada vs. Ayato Yoshida & Shota Umino
- Zack Sabre Jr. & Taichi vs. Yuji Nagata & Manabu Nakanishi'
- Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima vs. Baretta & Chuckie T
- Juice Robinson & David Finlay vs. Minoru Suzuki & Takashi Iizuka
- Michael Elgin & Jeff Cobb vs. Togi Makabe & Toa Henare
- Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano vs. Hangman Page & Yujiro Takahashi
- Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa vs. Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr.
With standout performances from Becky Lynch, Ronda Rousey, Charlotte Flair, Brock Lesnar, and Daniel Bryan, Survivor Series and the days leading into the pay-per-view were as strong of a stretch as the WWE main roster has had all year. An injury that took Lynch out of what was going to be the biggest moment of her career thus far ended up having plenty of silver linings.
Look at what came out of Survivor Series as the lead story in the new issue of the Observer. The issue runs down more plans for the Royal Rumble and another planned main event and angle for WrestleMania, and look at the strange booking and what makes sense and doesn't.
Also look at the trademarks of All Elite Wrestling, who is behind the promotion, what they need, and the important questions on how this relates to pro wrestling in 2019.
Read an update on New Japan on AXS TV, with the announcing change and early year schedule including Tokyo Dome coverage.
Examine the plans by WWE to open up territories around the world, including places earmarked first, the announcement expected to be made imminently and the philosophy behind these expansions.
Read why the XFL in 2020 is different from 2001 and how the media differences make this a new ball game, plus one of the leading television executives in the country talks about being willing to get into bed with the XFL
In addition, there are rundowns from all the WWE arena events from the past week with results, highlights and business.
There is a rundown of NXT Takeover War Games, with notes on the show, story behind the lineup, plus match-by-match coverage with star ratings.
Also look at the domestic violence case involving UFC fighter Rachael Ostovich and her husband, what each side is claiming and more.
ORDERING INFO: Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to Dave Meltzer, or by using PayPal directing funds to Dave@WrestlingObserver.com.
Rates in the United States are $13 for 4 issues, $32 for 12, $61 for 24, $101 for 40 and $131 for 52. In Canada and Mexico, rates are $14.50 for 4, $35 for 12, $67 for 24, $111 for 40 and $144 or 52. In Europe, you can get the fastest delivery and best rates by sending to email@example.com. For the rest of the world, rates are $16.50 for 4, $44 for 12, $85 for 24, $141 for 40 issues and $183 for 52. If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order (P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228), you can get $1 off in every price range.)
If you are a new subscriber ordering 24 or more issues, you can choose one free classic issue or two free classic issues with a 40-issue subscription.
MONDAY NEWS UPDATE
Bryan and I will be back tonight talking Larry Matysik, the WWE new restrictions on UK talent, Raw, Liddell-Ortiz and more. If you've got questions for tonight's show, particularly involving these topics, send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also want to thank everyone for their kind thoughts regarding the life of Larry Matysik. For those who have asked about the old St. Louis collection, The Fight Network owns the collection so about 22 hours of old St. Louis content is on the Global Wrestling Network (Impact's streaming service).
We'll talk a lot more about this tonight but this is the original Wrestle Talk story on the WWE's restrictions and changes to its U.K. wrestlers. This was inevitable. This week's issue will have more on this in detail.
Bray Wyatt is in Milwaukee with the Raw crew. He worked both Saturday and Sunday nights on the Raw tour facing Baron Corbin as the sub for Braun Strowman.
Strowman was scheduled for his elbow surgery today.
A.J. Styles was on the road this weekend for both the Starrcade show and last night's house show in Madison, WI and will be on Smackdown tomorrow night in Minneapolis.
- The next season of Total Bellas is scheduled to debut on 1/20, so it will be on Sunday nights once again.
- The final episode of the current season of Total Divas is Wednesday night, built around the death of Jim Neidhart and Natalya's reactions.
- Bray Wyatt and Asuka will be appearing at Resorts World Casino in New York City on 12/2. Asuka will sign from Noon to 3 p.m. and Wyatt from 3-6 p.m.
- Warrior Wrestling has a pretty amazing show set for 1/5 in Chicago. Until 11 p.m. Eastern time tonight they have a 20 percent off all tickets sale for he card. The lineup announced is Brian Cage vs. Bandido, Eddie Edwards vs. Austin Aries, Penta 0M & Rey Fenix vs. Matt Sydal & A-Kid (A-Kid is the guy from Spain who had the incredible matches with Ricochet and Zack Sabre Jr.), Tessa Blanchard vs. Britt Baker, Sam Adonis & Super Crazy & Titan vs. Pat Monix & Ultimo Dragon & Daga, Ethan Page vs. Moose, Andrew Everett vs. Rich Swann, Jordynne Grace vs. Kylie Rae and a 12 man Rumble elimination match.
- World Series Wrestling from earlier today in Sydney, Australia: Cody b Joey Ryan in a thumb wrestling match for the U.S. title, Bandido b Mick Moretti, Marty Scurll & Brody King b Tome & Stevie Filip to keep the tag titles, Walter b Jack Bonza, Brian Cage won three-way over Jonah Rock and Flip Gordon, Brandi Rhodes b Shazza McKenzie, Robbie Eagles b Austin Aries to become the first Australian to win the WSW title. (Thanks to Kevin Chiat and Dan Lennard)
- Tickets are on sale now for MLW's Superfight card TV taping on 2/2 at the 2300 Arena in Philadelphia. Tickets start at $15.
- Tickets for the Impact Homecoming PPV event on 1/6 in Nashville are also on sale now.
- MJF is expected to be stripped of his CZW championship due to his broken elbow.
- United Wrestling Coalition on 12/1 in Wrightstown, NJ at Kelly's Banquet Hall has a Toys for Tots drive. Admission to the show is free if you donate a new, unwrapped toy with a minimum value of $10. Toys will be distributed by the U.S. Marine Corps within Burlington Country. Everyone who makes a donation will also be able to win free door prizes.
- Powerslam TV has added the 11/22 Defy show to its streaming service.
- People have noted an amazing series of Larry Matysik podcasts going in-depth, year-after year, on the history of St. Louis wrestling at 57gold.com. Each podcast is several hours and goes greatly in depth of each year in St. Louis wrestling. (thanks to Clint Eaton)
- The local newspaper story on Matysik.
- An interview with former NWA champion Denny Brown.
- For whatever reason, the link to the Ric Flair Fire and Ice video that Larry Matysik did was taken down last night but hopefully this will work.
- The American Forces Network will be airing Bellator's Salute to the Troops special on 12/14 from Honolulu. The show will air on Friday night but one hour later than usual for Bellator with a 10 p.m. Eastern start time, since that's 4 p.m. local time. Brent Primus vs. Michael Chandler headlines the show that also airs on DAZN and Paramount. Frank Mir vs. Javy Ayala is the co-feature.
Daily Pro Wrestling History: First Survivor Series vs. Starrcade 1987
- Poll opinions: email@example.com
- Feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Show results and news tips: email@example.com
- Wrestling Observer Radio questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Support the Empire~! with F4W shirts. Grab yours today!