- WWE Raw live results: Bobby Lashley & MVP vs. The New Day
- VIDEO: Being The Elite - 'Mustache'
- ROH TV results: Jay Briscoe vs. Mark Briscoe Fight on the Farm
- Updated list of entrants for MLW Battle Riot match
- Stardom's Natsuko Tora suffers torn ACL
JOB LISTING: Web/UI Developer(s)
- Experience with OnLamp (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP)
- GITHUB and Linux command line experience while be helpful as well.
- CMS - Drupal and Wordpress. vBulletin
- Possible experience with AWS (s3 specifically), Dreamhost, UI development
- Cloud based hosting experience a plus
While this is a diverse request this doesn't have to be just one person! If you fit any part of this please feel free to inquire.
This is not just for projects related to F4WOnline.
- Send all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org with title WEB DEVELOPER.
- If you have inquired before, please send your information again.
Latest Free YouTube Video:
A look back at all the WWE cuts of the last week, person by person, with the background, what the direction the company is going. We look at where different people would be best served working at next, highlights of their WWE careers, and a lot more about the cuts.
Also in this issue:
A feature on Del Wilkes, known as The Trooper and The Patriot, his drug issues, his multiple arrests, his entire career, his noteworthy college football career, his biggest matches, how he broke in, and days in AWA, Global, All Japan, WCW and WWF, the origin of the idea of The Patriot that few know about, kicking his drug problem, what others have said about it, and his life after wrestling.
A talent move that will be very interesting to watch and long-term repercussions of this move, Great American Bash news, Money in the Bank news, ticket sales for all WWE shows and Breakout Star tournament news
AAA's biggest show of the year, with a look at the TripleMania lineup, Verano de Escandalo as well, restrictions and angles leading up to the big matches.
This past week's UFC show with Cyril Gane and Alexander Volkov, the next heavyweight title match, why Gane vs. Derrick Lewis is happening, why it's a bad idea, plus match-by-match coverage.
All Japan crowning a new Triple Crown champion after Suwama vacated the title due to COVID and the three-way with Jason Lee, Kento Miyahara and Yuma Aoagi, the complete All Japan Ota Ward show.
More detail on the ratings than any other source, we have how every segment on NXT and AEW did with different age groups, genders and more, plus a look at all other wrestling shows of the past week, how many different viewers the shows had, DVR numbers and how long the average fan watches.
Results of the major pro wrestling events of the past week.
ORDERING INFO: Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to email@example.com or by going to www.paypal.com directing funds to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rates in the United States are $14.50 for 4 issues, $35.50 for 12, $70 for 24, $116 for 40 and $149.50 for 52.
In Canada and Mexico, the rates are $16 for 4, $27 for 8, $38.50 for 12, $76 for 24, $126 for 40 and $162.50 for 52.
For the rest of the world, rates are $18 for 4, $48.50 for 12, $93 for 24, $155 for 40 and $201.50 for 52.
If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order to P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228, you can get $1 off in every price range.
MONDAY NEWS UPDATE
Bryan and I will be back tonight talking Raw, Eyada, Stardom ratings and the week coming up tonight with Wrestling Observer Radio. You can send questions to the show to email@example.com
Raw tonight has Bobby Lashley & MVP vs. Kofi Kingston & Xavier Woods. Yes, it was advertised for several days as Lashley vs. Woods, but plans change. The Men's Money in the Bank competitors will be on Miz TV.
As a general rule in regards to the ratings, one would expect some of the audience to arrive late and stay until the end compared to usual given the day off work for most people on a holiday weekend. Raw got lucky this week and for that matter going forward until the Olympics aside from next week (Home Run Derby) in that it won't face the NBA finals. The holiday may hurt a little and if the number is near the same level as last week, that should be part of it. But not having the NBA against it going forward should lead to a few weeks of increases.
The first four games of the NBA finals are tomorrow (which will hurt the Bash number, but being a special show, the number should still be way up from last week), Thursday, Sunday and then Wednesday the 14th (against AEW). If there are games five, six and seven, they will be Saturday the 17th, Tuesday the 20th and Thursday the 22nd. AEW will likely be hurt a lot, but they still did well last week with very tough competition. WWE largely lucked out with no more Raw or Smackdown against the NBA.
The NHL playoffs, which are not as tough competition but are something, do have game four of the Montreal Canadiens vs. Tampa Bay Lighting tonight head-to-head with Raw. The Lightning are up 3-0 and could end it tonight. If Montreal wins, game five is Wednesday against AEW. If Montreal wins that, game six is Friday against Smackdown. A potential game seven is Sunday.
Ratings will be delayed all week due to it being a holiday. So no Raw rating tomorrow and no Smackdown rating today.
Fast 9 was estimated at doing $22,860,000 this past weekend and it's at nearly $116 million after two weekends of release.
As expected, the main event for the DDT Peter Pan show, its biggest of the year, on 8/21 is Jun Akiyama defending against King of DDT winner Konosuke Takeshita. Akiyama has two wins over Takeshita.
Friday's Dragon Gate show at Korakuen Hall is sold out due to it being Masato Yoshino's last match at Korakuen Hall before his retirement (this is a real retirement, not a usual pro wrestling retirement) match in Kobe in a few weeks. It will air live with English commentary at 5:30 a.m. Eastern Friday morning.
Kurt Angle has inked a deal for Virtual Basement's The Wrestling Code video game
CMLL was talking Arena Puebla opening back up to a limited capacity of around 700 tonight and every Monday going forward. But they needed an inspection being completed and thus tonight's show is off. They now expect to debut on 7/12.
- WWE has apparently reached a deal with C4 Energy, which has created "Big Swag Energy," a drink that Montez Ford will be promoting. C4 also has deals with Roman Reigns, Bianca Belair and "Golden Goddess" Energy to be promoted by Mandy Rose.
- The NXT Great American Bash show is tomorrow night on USA. It looks great on paper: Adam Cole vs. Kyle O'Reilly MSK vs. Tommaso Ciampa & Timothy Thatcher for tag titles Indi Hartwell & Candice LeRae vs. Io Shirai & Zoey Stark for women's tag tilt LA Knight vs. Cameron Grimes for Million Dollar Belt Johnny Gargano and Karrion Kross faceoff Hit Row championship celebration
- While the final number isn't in until tomorrow, based on overnights, Smackdown did a low number Friday, as expected given it being Friday night of holiday weekend. The same thing happened last year. I wouldn't read anything into that number. Smackdown also went against the NHL playoffs, which killed it in Canada. The Canadiens-Lightning game did more than 3 million viewers. Smackdown did 108,000 viewers, which is much lower than it usually does (Thanks to Post Wrestling)
- Four matches have been added to the 7/17 show. They are Montserrat Ruiz vs. Amanda Lemos, Rodrigo Nascimento vs. Alan Baduot, Miles Johns vs. Anderson Dos Santos and Rodolfo Vieira vs. Dustin Stoltzfus.
- There is nothing to think of past this tweet in the sense El Hijo del Vikingo doesn't have a visa. It is possible Kenny Omega could face him in Mexico and at one point when COVID started the match was in the planning stages. Vikingo did a lot of cool stuff on Saturday at Verano de Escandalo, AAA's big show. He even did Croyt's Wrath, a move Omega only does on rare occasions and few in wrestling have ever tried to copy because it's so physically difficult. Omega wrote about Vikingo's move, "The balance and core strength this takes is incredible. With a little more Raw power, he could have done it just as good as me. I've said Vikingo is one of the best for a reason. Much like Jungle Boy in AAA, I want to crush your future."
- The first major U.S. promotion on the road since the pandemic will be AEW's TV taping Wednesday night from Miami's Knight Center. This is the updated lineup: Young Bucks vs. Penta & Eddie Kingston for AEW tag titles in a street fight Santana & Ortiz & Jake Hager w/Konnan vs. FTR & Wardlow w/Tully Blanchard Cody Rhodes. vs QT Marshall in a South Beach strap match Orange Cassidy & Kris Statlander vs. Blade & Bunny Andrade El Idolo vs. Matt Sydal Chris Jericho & MJF face-off
- I expect the date for Matt Hardy vs. Christian to be announced on Wednesday. Either way the match is happening very soon.
- Ticket sales for Wednesday in Miami have topped 3,200
- ROH Glory by Honor tickets for 8/20 and 8/21 were put on sale on Friday.
- Shota Umino returned to RevPro last night at the Cockpit Theater in London and they are setting up a match where he challenges Ricky Knight Jr. for the Southside heavyweight title on 8/21 in Manchester.
- Stardom runs Korakuen Hall on Tuesday with Tam Nakano & Mina Shirakawa & Unagi Sayaka defending the Artist of Stardom trios belts against Utami Hayashishita & AZM & Saya Kamitani.
- wXw is putting tickets on sale for its 20th anniversary show on 8/7 in Oberhausen on Wednesday.
Daily Pro Wrestling History: Williams & Gordy win WCW Tag Team titles
- Poll opinions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Feedback: email@example.com
- Show results and news tips: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wrestling Observer Radio questions: email@example.com
- Support the Empire~! with F4W shirts. Grab yours today