- ROH TV taping spoilers: TV and Women of Honor title matches
- Advertised Jax vs. Ambrose WWE house show match not happening
- WWE DeKalb live results: Becky Lynch attacks, Dillinger returns
- Gauntlet match for Chamber advantage set for WWE SmackDown
- WWE Main Event results: Natalya vs. Lacey Evans
- Marty Scurll to challenge for NWA title at Crockett Cup
- WOL: RAW, Nia vs. Dean Ambrose, Smackdown gauntlet, tons more! 2/10
- DragonKing Dark: Theia -- or how the Moon was born 2/10
- Left My Wallet: Planet Promise with Sidney Bakabella & Mikey Adams 2/10
- WOR: UFC 234 recap, notes on AEW and Kenny Omega 2/10
F4W NEWSLETTER: Figure Four Weekly: WWE's WrestleMania main event decision
While the first women's WrestleMania main event is all but official at this point, WWE still has a huge decision to make about who will be in it.
In a sense, WWE is playing with house money. Both options that they have are good ones. Whether the main event is Ronda Rousey vs. Becky Lynch for the Raw Women's Championship or a triple threat between Rousey, Lynch, and Charlotte Flair for the title, it will be the most heated match on the card and fully deserving of its place in the spotlight on WWE's most important day of the year.
WON NEWSLETTER: February 11, 2019: NJPW New Beginning in Sapporo review, more
I have no idea how this issue got done. I had surgery on my left little finger which was broken in three places on 1/30, and it seemingly went well.
NJPW - New Beginnings: The two nights together did 10,957 paid with one sellout up from 10,002 last year. Tanahashi & Okada as The Dream Team vs. Jay White & Bad Luck Fale did the same as Tanahashi vs. Suzuki did last year for the IC title but paid was much higher this year for Naito vs. Taichi in Taichi’s hometown than for Kenny Omega vs. Jay White for the U.S, title last year, although both were sellouts.
At Smackdown on Tuesday, several talents with contracts coming due were asked to sign new long-term deals after Dean Ambrose told the promotion he wasn’t going to sign a new contract.
Ian Riccaboni signed a new contract with ROH to continue as their play-by-play announcer.
UFC held a press conference today. The big heat seemed to be between Tyron Woodley and Kamaru Usman, building up their Welterweight Title fight at UFC 235 on March 2nd. Jon Jones is facing Anthony Smith on that show.
Conor McGregor will not be fighting Donald Cerrone in April. Khabib still claims he is not fighting for a year.
Jose Aldo defeated Renato Moicano, 44 seconds into the 2nd round. First round was very close. But it was the "old Aldo", just destroyed him. Aldo is still talking about retiring at the end of this year.
Filthy Tom Lawlor is the new MLW champion defeating Low Ki at their super fight one hour Bein Sports TV special from the 2300 (ECW) Arena in Philadelphia.
ORDERING INFO: Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to firstname.lastname@example.org or by going to www.paypal.com directing funds to email@example.com.
Rates in the United States are $14.50 for 4 issues, $35.50 for 12, $70 for 24, $116 for 40 and $149.50 for 52.
In Canada and Mexico, the rates are $16 for 4, $27 for 8, $38.50 for 12, $76 for 24, $126 for 40 and $162.50 for 52.
For the rest of the world, rates are $18 for 4, $48.50 for 12, $93 for 24, $155 for 40 and $201.50 for 52.
If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order to P.O. Box 1228, Campbell,CA 95009-1228, you can get $1 off in every price range.
SUNDAY NEWS UPDATE
by Bryan Rose and Joseph Currier
- According to a family member on social media (which WWE later confirmed), Salvatore Bellomo has passed away at the age of 67 due to cancer. He is best remembered for being an enhancement talent in the mid-to-late 1980s on WWE television. He later adopted a wildman gimmick and appeared on early Eastern Championship Wrestling television.
- Tegan Nox posted an update yesterday on the six-month anniversary of her injury in the Mae Young Classic: “Today marks the 6 month anniversary (to the day & date) of the best/worst day of my career! It’s been a tough 6 months full of blood, sweat and tears but I wouldn’t change it for the world...even the knee scope in November! I’ve taken the time off to change both physically and mentally, plus I’ve been picking up some extra skills along the way! I’m still a little ways away from returning but every day is better than the last! #ShatteredGlass ...just saying”
- WWE has filed a trademark for the phrase “Then, Now, Forever” on 2/4, not too long after CBS used a similar phrase during the Super Bowl.
- Curt Hennig passed away on this date in 2003, and David Von Erich passed away on this day in 1984.
- Matt Hardy has put out a new episode of Woken Word.
- Mick Foley appeared at a Memphis Grizzlies game last night.
- WWE ranked 10 “shocking Elimination Chamber match moments.”
- ROH Bound by Honor is set for tonight in Miami, Florida and will stream live on Honor Club starting at 7 p.m Eastern. It will feature a Television title match between Jeff Cobb and Rocky Romero, The Kingdom vs. Jay Lethal, Jonathan Gresham and Rush, Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Colt Cabana, Kelly Klein vs. Mayu Iwatani for the Women of Honor title and more.
- Brody King missed last night’s ROH television tapings due to the birth of his son.
- Robert Whittaker’s management team issued a statement on Whittaker not being able to fight at last night’s PPV: “On behalf of Rob, we would like to update fans on his condition. Last night at roughly 9 p.m., Rob began experiencing intense abdominal pains that were brought to the attention of the UFC doctors. After several hours of observation, he was admitted to the hospital at 3 a.m. Rob is just out of dual surgery for a twisted and collapsed bowel in addition to an internal hernia of the intestine and will be recovering in hospital for several days. Rob will want to speak to his fans directly when he can. Rob is devastated that today's fight will not go ahead. Up until 5 minutes before going into surgery, Rob was insisting he would fight, but advice was that a blow to the stomach could be fatal. Rob will come back stronger and ready for what is to come. Thanks to the UFC, Kelvin and his team for your professionalism."
- Ariel Helwani posted an update on Whittaker: ‘UFC middleweight champ Robert Whittaker is currently recovering from yesterday's emergency hernia surgery at a local Melbourne hospital, according to sources. As of now, doctors are hoping he'll be discharged on Thursday. The surgery lasted three and a half hours, sources said. At the moment, there’s no immediate timetable in place for when he could possibly return to action. It was a serious and complicated surgery, sources said.’
- Kelvin Gastelum, who is declaring himself middleweight champion after Robert Whittaker’s injury cancelled their title fight last night confirmed to Brett Okamoto that he is currently suffering from a staph infection.
- After losing to Israel Adesanya via unanimous decision, Anderson Silva spoke about wanting to face Nick Diaz at UFC 237 in May: “Maybe I think it makes sense to fight [Nick] Diaz in Curitiba. I’m just waiting for Dana, because it’s not time to make the decisions. Hopefully, I’ll fight in Curitiba.”
- Dana White isn’t interested in a fight between Silva and Conor McGregor.
- Final ratings won’t be in until Tuesday, but between ESPN and ESPN Deportes the UFC prelims from last night averaged a 1.0 overnight rating. The lead-in was a Duke vs. Virginia college basketball game.
- Chris Weidman tweeted after last night’s main event: “Adesanya just a tad bit overrated”
- Ovince Saint Preux is out of his UFC 235 fight against Misha Cirkunov due to an injury.
- UFC 238 will take place at the United Center in Chicago on June 8.
- David Branch will square off against Jack Hermansson at UFC on ESPN 2 on 3/30.
- Brett Primus will face Tim Wilde in the main event of Bellator Birmingham on 5/4.
Daily Pro Wrestling History: TNA Against All Odds 2008
Ed in San Antonio presents the WRESTLEMANIAWeekend Events (more to be added):
- Sunday, April 6th, at 12:00 pm: Lunch (all you can eat) at Churrascaria Plataforma ($90 per person), located at 316 W. 49th street in Manhattan. Purchase tickets here~!
- Luxury Bus to MetLife Stadium for Wrestlemania: We will depart from the Hilton Midtown (site of Wrestlecon) located at 1335 Avenue of the Americas. Departure time is 4:00 pm and will return from MetLife approximately 30 mins after the event. Times are subject to change, and cost $67.00 per person for the round trip. Purchase tickets here~!
- Poll opinions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Feedback: email@example.com
- Show results and news tips: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wrestling Observer Radio questions: email@example.com
- Support the Empire~! with F4W shirts. Grab yours today!