The latest from the F4W Staff
- Ronda Rousey: 'This is definitely one of my last fights'
- UFC loses November clash of top middleweight contenders
- Halloween scares up spooky ratings for Monday's Raw
- TNA loses its deal with Challenge TV in the United Kingdom
- WWE Raw live results: Goldberg returns on the road to Survivor Series
- NJPW Road to Power Struggle results: The junior tag tournament continues
- Judge rejects Billy Corgan's efforts to take over TNA Wrestling
- WWE Hell In A Cell fan feedback: Chris Cruise gives his take on Sasha Banks
- WWE Allentown, PA, live results: AJ Styles vs. Dean Ambrose; Randy Orton vs. Kane
- NXT Los Angeles, CA, live results: Kota Ibushi vs. Bobby Roode; Dusty Classic semifinals
- WOR: Corgan vs. Dixie, Raw recap, return of Goldberg, more! 11/1
- WOL: Hell in a Cell fallout, Charlotte vs. Sasha, TNA day in court 10/31
- WOR: Billy vs. Dixie, WWE Hell in a Cell, Dave goes to NXT, more! 10/31
- B&V: Bryan and Vinny review WWE Hell in a Cell! 10/30
Figure Four Weekly 10/24/2016: Deregulation of pro wrestling in Arizona -- In Arizona, deregulation of professional wrestling wasn't a pressing matter by any stretch when the topic was first broached in 1981. There was no major promotion running in the state and little to no full time work, with only one licensed promoter, who was running shows weekly in Phoenix...subscribers click here to continue.
F4W YouTube Page: Tons of clips and full free audio shows that you can tell your friends about, and much more to come! Make sure you subscribe today!
The Death of WCWby Bryan Alvarez and RD Reynolds is now available as an audiobook through Amazon.com and Audible. Bryan did the narration for the book and it runs almost fifteen hours, so grab yours today!
Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Oct 31, 2016: Billy Corgan vs. TNA, Urijah Faber retiring, more - The battle for control of TNA hit the courtroom this past week and we've got not only the blow-by-blow, but what it all means, in a detailed lead story in the new issue of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. We also break that two of the world's best wrestlers are seriously considering coming to WWE in 2017, the retirement of Urijah Faber and his legacy, the Flo Sports pro wrestling streaming service and why it could be a game changer but what it needs to become one, notes on Hell in a Cell and much more in a jam packed news issue.
Our lead story breaks down the entire TNA situation, what was said in public who was said in private, who is screwing who, why this went to the courts, what are the motives of Billy Corgan, WWE's interest in purchasing the company and so much said publicly that ended up not being true.
We look at the career of Urijah Faber, the rise of the WEC on his back, the rise of Sacramento MMA and his becoming the first under 145 pound major star.
We've got a preview of Hell in a Cell as well as a story on who goes last. We also update a story on how WWE's biggest star may be banned from appearing in several states, one of WWE's biggest stars is right now off Survivor Series and why, Paige's neck surgery, WWE asks fans about lots of indie groups, an overseas show that will be taped for the WWE Network, lots of notes on new people signed by WWE and their backgrounds.
We also look at a TV pilot based on backstage in WWE from 16 years ago, Ryback vs. WWE over trademarks, a Shawn Michaels movie, update on James Ellsworth, A.J. Styles vs. Shawn Michaels, the strange story of Curtis Axel in Minneapolis on Monday, Randy Orton's turn, Shinsuke Nakamura update, WWE developmental star arrested and suspended, and more.
We look at the new Flo Sports pro wrestling streaming service, its potential as well as pitfalls hindering it from reaching its potential. We look at how this could greatly benefit the indie scene, as well as questions on whether it can work long-term... click here to continue.
Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to Dave Meltzer, or by using PayPal directing funds to Dave@WrestlingObserver.com.
Rates in the United States are $13 for 4 issues, $32 for 12, $61 for 24, $101 for 40 and $131 for 52. In Canada and Mexico, rates are $14.50 for 4, $35 for 12, $67 for 24, $111 for 40 and $144 or 52. In Europe, you can get the fastest delivery and best rates by sending to firstname.lastname@example.org. For the rest of the world, rates are $16.50 for 4, $44 for 12, $85 for 24, $141 for 40 issues and $183 for 52. If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order (P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228), you can get $1 off in every price range.)
If you are a new subscriber ordering 24 or more issues, you can choose one free classic issue, or two free classic issues with a 40-issue subscription.
WON BACK ISSUE: Oct 11, 1999 Wrestling Observer Newsletter: Vince Russo leaves WWF for WCW, WWF Rebellion - Vince Russo and Ed Ferrera, the men who were responsible for writing the WWF television shows that have been drawing huge ratings for the past year abruptly quit the company and signed on with WCW over the weekend... click here to continue.
Tuesday News Update
- Goldberg tweeted about having ring rust during his appearance on Raw last night. WWE edited Goldberg slipping during his altercation with Rusev out of the YouTube clip they posted online.
- Raw's Survivor Series teams began to take shape last night with Roman Reigns, Kevin Owens, Chris Jericho, and Braun Strowman being announced for the men's division team. There is one spot left to be announced. Charlotte, Bayley, and Nia Jax were also announced for the women's division team. As Raw Tag Team Champions, The New Day will captain the tag division team.
- SmackDown Live is tonight in Newark, NJ with Daniel Bryan appearing on MizTv to make an announcement regarding SmackDown's Survivor Series teams.
- The Raw crew opens up the European tour in Frankfurt, Germany on Wednesday night.
- Stephanie McMahon was on a cooking show called The Chew.
- Enzo Amore was interviewed by ESPN.
- Pro Wrestling NOAH has reportedly been sold to Japanese IT company Estbee.
- Kota Ibushi commented on his negotiations with WWE and turning down a full-time contract. Ibushi also said that he misses New Japan Pro Wrestling. (thanks to Chris Charlton for the translation)
- Silicon Valley billionaire Peter Thiel justified his decision to fund Hulk Hogan’s lawsuit against Gawker Media on Monday, insisting it’s hard for “a single-digit millionaire” to pursue justice.
- Ring of Honor is offering round-trip bus transportation for fans in the Orlando area to the spectacular Supercard of Honor show at the Lakeland Center in Lakeland, Fla. on Saturday, April 1st. Buses will leave from WrestleCon at the Orlando Hyatt Regency that afternoon at 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. and return after the event. The roundtrip costs just $5, and passengers will receive $5 off at the ROH Pro Shop or Meet and Greet at the event. Bus tickets will be shipped to the address provided along with coupons for merchandise and autographs to be used at the event! Please make sure you have the correct shipping address when purchasing tickets. To purchase tickets for Supercard of Honor, click here.
- Tickets For WaleMania III Featuring MLW Radio LIVE Go On Sale Friday November 11th At MLW.com.
- WLW is returning to Troy, MO at the Race Wrestling Arena! It will be a great night for all of the family that will feature some of the best wrestling talent around!
UFC / MMA
- The Ellen Show uploaded video of Ronda Rousey's appearance today where she said that her UFC 207 fight against Amanda Nunes will be one of her last.
- AXS TV FIGHTS today announced it has signed a new multi-year agreement with CES MMA, the premier East Coast mixed martial arts organization. Through this extension, which includes at least six scheduled events in 2017, AXS TV FIGHTS will remain the exclusive North American broadcast home for CES MMA. Based on the recently announced deals with CES MMA, Lion Fight Muay Thai and Legacy Fighting Alliance, AXS TV FIGHTS will broadcast 45 live events in 2017, which is more than any other TV network.
- Former UFC Welterweight Johny Hendricks joined Submission Radio to discuss why he's definitely retiring if he loses at UFC 207, his plans to bring back the old Hendricks against Magny and why he may still retire if he wins this fight and his Wife tells him to hang up his gloves. Hendricks about moving to Middleweight for his fight at UFC 207 after missing weight at UFC 200: “They just put it at welterweight. Here’s the thing, a quarter of a pound, yeah it’s still missing weight, but it’s still a quarter of a pound. And if I had to move to middleweight to do a fight over a quarter of a pound to do a fight, then that’s what I gotta do, but they didn’t say anything. Because I think, really, a couple of the guys that are UFC guys thought that it broke (even) whenever I was on 171.”
- An intriguing title fight headlines this weekend’s XKO 33 fight card as the precocious Kevin “The Trailblazer” Holland takes on the hard-hitting slugger Alfredo Leija for the vacant title.
- UFC unveiled its first-ever event-specific product line to commemorate the landmark UFC® 205: ALVAREZ vs. McGREGOR, taking place on Saturday, November 12 at Madison Square Garden. Launched in collaboration with Reebok, UFC’s global outfitting partner, the limited-edition UFC City Pack: New York is comprised of custom, city-inspired apparel, including a unique UFC Fight Kit made specifically for athletes competing in the global brand’s first-ever event in New York.
- FIST Combat’s biggest show, this Sat 11/5 at Garfield Park Community Center on the west side of Santa Cruz only 3 min from UCSC campus. It's all ages. $10 for kids under 16, and all UCSC students w/ID. Featuring: Hillary Clinton vs Donald Trump in a pro wrestling ring!! Jeff Cobb vs Karl Fredricks in our 1st quarter final match for the FIST Combat championship, Jheri Giggalo vs Desi De Rata, Seabass, Adam Thornstowe of the Reno Scum, The Classic Connection and so much more, including sexy ring card girls! Tickets.
- Rock Solid Wrestling: WAR in Walden - Saturday, November 26 at 3 PM - 7 PM, Lively District Secondary School 265 Fifth Avenue, Lively, Ontario P3Y 1M4, Tickets Available.
- Northeast Wrestling “Autumn Ambush" on 11/5 at the Waterbury PAL Building (64 Division Street) in Waterbury, CT. Meet and Greet at 5 p.m. Bell time 7 p.m. Northeast Wrestling Champion Brian Anthony vs. Jeff Hardy; Cody Rhodes vs. Travis "Flip" Gordon; T.K. O'Ryan vs. DIJAK; Final Deletion Match: Broken Matt Hardy & Ron Zombie vs. Team Shazaam; Matt Taven; 2nd Annual Roddy Piper Memorial Battle Royal; Vinny Marseglia vs. War King Hanson; Maria Manic vs. Deonna Purrazzo; and more! Tickets: call Chris at 203-228-7361; or available at the door Saturday night.
- Northeast Wrestling “King of Bethany" on 11/12 at the NEW Arena (40 Peck Road) in Bethany, CT. Special start time of 6:30 p.m. so you can make it home in time for UFC. The King of Bethany will be Crowned! First Round Matches in the Tournament: Vinny Marseglia vs. Keith Youngblood; Wrecking Ball Legursky vs. Ron Zombie; Jimmy Preston vs. DIJAK; Travis Gordon vs. Mike Bennett; PLUS: Matt Taven;T.K. O'Ryan vs. War King Hanson; The Battles Brothers vs. The NOW; Scotty Slade vs. Mark Shurman; Celebration for new Northeast Champion Brian Anthony; and more! Tickets.
- RESULTS: Mecca Pro Wrestling "New Breed", October 22 / 2016 Cornwall, Ontario: Payne (acc. by Randy Berry) def. Big Daddy D Roy. Raz Mansour def. Kevin Brien. Fatal X def. Jake Hunter. "The Dominator" Dom Boulanger def. The Brooklyn Foot. The Night Train Express def. Idris & "Magic" Mario Bryant. MPW Pound For Pound Championship (title vacant): Tyson Dux def. El Chato and Ryan Donavon to become Champion. Flo Riley def. Eve "The Black Widow" #1 Contender for MPW Heavyweight Champioship: Dru Onyx def. Thunder. MPW Heavyweight Championship: Joey Valentyne (c) def. "The Rage" Randy Berry (acc. by Payne)
Today in Wrestling History (11/1): Jushin Liger wins junior heavyweight gold
- Poll opinions: email@example.com
- Feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Show results and news tips: email@example.com
- Wrestling Observer Radio questions: firstname.lastname@example.org