THE LATEST NEWS
- UFC's Josh Barnett wins notable arbitration case against USADA
- Lilian Garcia named guest ring announcer for WM battle royal
- Daniel Bryan showed 'no definite evidence of a prior brain injury'
- Penta El Zero M & Rey Fenix booked for All In
- Molly Holly to induct Ivory into WWE Hall of Fame
- War Machine make their in-ring debut at NXT house show
- Impact Wrestling results: EC3 makes his final appearance
THE LATEST AUDIO
- WOR: Jason Hehir talks the upcoming Andre the Giant documentary! 3/23
- WOL: Sempervive & Nason talk Daniel Bryan, Khabib-Ferguson, more 3/23
- I Left My Wallet In Greg Polanco: Kevin 'Mordecai' Thorn 3/23
- I Left My Wallet In Greg Polanco: Kevin "Mordecai" Thorn 3/23
- Wrestling Weekly: Daniel Bryan, ZSJ, NJPW in Long Beach 3/23
- B&V&G: Granny, NXT, THURSDAY NIGHT POTPOURRI! 3/22
We're looking for reports on today's WWE Raw house show in Toronto and NXT show in Lakeland, FL to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CMLL FROM ARENA MEXICO AT 10:30 P.M. EASTERN TIME
- Shockercito & Stukita vs. Mercurio & Pequeno Nitro
- Magia Blanca & Pegasso & Star Jr. vs. Sagrado & Templario & Virus
- Blue Panther Jr. vs. Drone
- Audaz & Fuego & Guerrero Maya Jr. vs. Misterioso Jr. & Puma & Tiger
- Angel de Oro & Matt Taven & Niebla Roja vs. Cuatrero & Sanson & Volador Jr.
- Diamante Azul & Marco Corleone & Ultimo Guerrero vs. Rush & Kraneo & El Terrible
We're looking for reports on Saturday from the WWE Raw show in Kitchener, ONT, Smackdown in Trenton, NJ and NXT in Tampa to email@example.com.
We're also looking for reports on Sunday from the Raw show in Buffalo and the Smackdown show in Fairfax, VA to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ALL JAPAN ON ALL JAPAN STREAMING SERVICE FREE FROM SAITAMA ON SATURDAY NIGHT AT 2 A.M. EASTERN TIME
- Atsushi Maruyama & Yutaka Yoshie & Naoshi Sano & Keiichi Sato & CarBell Ito vs. Masakodo & Ishinriki & Revlon & So Daimonji & FG Mask
- Masa Fuchi & Tajiri & Yohei Nakajima vs. Osamu Nishimura & Ultimo Dragon & Kotaro Suzuki
- Koji Iwamoto vs. Josh Bodom
- Naoya Nomura & Kai vs. Yoshitatsu & Yuji Hino
- Suwama & Hikaru Sato & Yusuke Okada vs. Kazuyuki Fujita & Kendo Kashin & Nosawa
- Jun Akiyama & Yuji Nagata vs. Takao Omori & Manabu Nakanishi for All-Asia tag titles
- Atsushi Aoki vs. Shuji Kondo for jr. title
- Zeus & The Bodyguard vs. Dylan James & Ryoji Sai for world tag titles
- Joe Doering vs. Kento Miyahara for Triple Crown
NEW JAPAN STRONG STYLE EVOLVED AT 8 P.M. EASTERN SUNDAY ON AXS TV
- Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian & Scorpio Sky vs. Sho & Yoh & Rocky Romero
- Juice Robinson & David Finlay vs. Hirooki Goto & Gedo
- Chuckie T & Toru Yano vs. Lance Archer & Dave Boy Smith Jr.
- Cody & Marty Scurll vs. Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa
- Hiroshi Tanahashi & Kushida & Ryusuke Taguchi & Dragon Lee vs. Tetsuya Naito & Seiya Sanada & Bushi & Hiromu Takahashi
- Will Ospreay vs. Jushin Liger
- Kazuchika Okada & Tomohiro Ishii vs. Zack Sabre Jr. & Minoru Suzuki
- Jay White vs. Hangman Page for U.S. title
- Young Bucks vs. Kenny Omega & Kota Ibushi
Raw is Monday night in Cleveland. John Cena, Brock Lesnar and Ronda Rousey are all advetised to be on the show and Cena vs. Kane has been announced. There is also a Smackdwon house show in Indiana, PA.
Smackdown, 205 Live and Mixed Match Challenge are all Tuesday night from Pittsburgh. Among the matches advertised are Bobby Roode & Randy Orton vs. Jinder Mahal & Samil Singh, Charlotte Flair & Bobby Roode vs. Finn Balor & Sasha Banks, and a four-way with TJP vs Akira Tozawa vs. Buddy Murphy vs. Kalisto.
For less than three days last week, the Fabulous Moolah Memorial Battle Royal was listed as part of the WrestleMania 34 lineup. The match, which will feature wrestlers from Raw, SmackDown, and NXT as WWE attempts to get as much of the women's division on the card as possible, will still be happening. But it will instead be called the "WrestleMania Women's Battle Royal" after WWE had to change the name due to fan and sponsor backlash.
A look at how Bryan Danielson got cleared to return to WWE in depth is the lead story in the new double-issue of the Wrestling Observer, in what is one of our biggest news issues of the year.
Read the details of the how, the when, and what has happened over the past two years in his attempts to get cleared and try to answer every key question about it in this story. Look back at his last two years as a wrestler, why he didn't leave and wrestle elsewhere, why WWE wouldn't let him wrestle, the reactions from different doctors that he saw, the story behind his retirement speech two years ago and even doctor reactions to that speech.
Also, there is an update on the WrestleMania card, with new matches official and other matches on the schedule. Go through the name change of the Moolah Battle Royal and how that went down.
Look at Vince McMahon's new competition for a football league.
This issue has a story on the New Japan Cup, as well as this week's Long Beach show, and the booking of Zack Sabre Jr. to become the next big-time superstar in the promotion. Review all the tournament matches of the past week and the business of the tournament.
Plus, there’s more on the video alleging PED use by Roman Reigns, the failure to provide any proof and even possible legal ramifications from all this.
Find out about the press conference for next year's WrestleMania, who was brought in and who wasn't, lots more on WWE's big show in Saudi Arabia, new Ronda Rousey business, mainstream interest in WrestleMania, Jeff hardy, Ultimate Deletion, an update on WWE injuries, thoughts about more major house shows, an update on the WWE U.K. project as well as several more names that WWE has either signed or is looking into signing including one major superstar.
Take a look at 5 Star Wrestling and its closing up shop after a disastrous run.
ORDERING INFO: Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to Dave Meltzer, or by using PayPal directing funds to Dave@WrestlingObserver.com.
Rates in the United States are $13 for 4 issues, $32 for 12, $61 for 24, $101 for 40 and $131 for 52. In Canada and Mexico, rates are $14.50 for 4, $35 for 12, $67 for 24, $111 for 40 and $144 or 52. In Europe, you can get the fastest delivery and best rates by sending to email@example.com. For the rest of the world, rates are $16.50 for 4, $44 for 12, $85 for 24, $141 for 40 issues and $183 for 52. If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order (P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228), you can get $1 off in every price range.)
If you are a new subscriber ordering 24 or more issues, you can choose one free classic issue, or two free classic issues with a 40-issue subscription.
FRIDAY NEWS UPDATE
- With videos on their social media accounts, WWE has been publicizing that Ronda Rousey was at the Performance Center today to get ready for WrestleMania. Rousey worked with Shayna Baszler, did drills in the ring with Lacey Evans and Sara Amato, and lifted weights while wearing a Mt. Rushmore 2.0 (The Young Bucks, Adam Cole, and Roderick Strong) shirt.
- Stephanie McMahon has been training with Seth Petruzelli to work on her striking for WrestleMania.
- Triple H noted that WWE’s Greatest Royal Rumble event in Saudi Arabia is still a bit of a work in progress because of how quickly the show came together. He indicated that there will be more announcements made for it soon.
- The Greatest Royal Rumble will air live on Main Event in Australia.
- Triple H also spoke to USA Today about Daniel Bryan's return: "It’s been an amazing process. One of the hardest things I’ve ever had to do is tell talent that they can’t do this anymore. That you can’t live your dream. And for somebody like Daniel, man, it was soul-crushing. He went through *a lot* to try to get back to where he was, without any guarantee that it would ever work. But you take the advice of the doctors, the same doctors that told you he couldn’t, tell you he can… man, it’s like a second lease on life for him. Really excited, really happy for him. Watching him on TV the other night, just sitting at the monitor watching was unbelievable."
- Video of the aftermath of the Ultimate Deletion was uploaded on Matt Hardy’s YouTube channel and was featured in a WWE.com article. In the video, Skarsgaard the boat returns from the Lake of Reincarnation with Bray Wyatt’s lamp, then Senor Benjamin gives it to Matt Hardy and King Maxel blows it out.
- As he’s said in the past, Goldberg told the Washington Post that he isn’t closing the door on competing in the ring again: “Do I want to roll the dice again? I don’t know. I’ll quote one of the most famous movies that I was ever in, ‘Santa’s Slay’: It ain’t over ‘til I say it’s over.”
- Brock Lesnar has been added to WWE’s house show at the TD Garden in Boston on March 30th. He’ll be defending the Universal title against Braun Strowman and Kane in a triple threat match.
- Steve Austin and Bret Hart appeared together on today’s episode of Edge & Christian’s podcast to break down their WrestleMania 13 match, which took place on this day in 1997.
- John Cena spoke to TMZ about the possibility for WWE to sign a transgender wrestler: "I'm a storyteller, my friend -- and that's what we do in WWE. It's not segregated to sex, race, creed, religion, any of that -- so as long as the story's good, it belongs in WWE."
- In a WWE.com article, Cedric Alexander told the story of his career, signing with WWE, and making it to WrestleMania.
- Alexa Bliss discussed her WrestleMania match against Nia Jax in an interview with SportsNet.
- Curt Hawkins is lobbying on Twitter to be Braun Strowman’s partner at WrestleMania.
- Here’s a note from Dave Meltzer on questions we’ve gotten on how to watch NJPW’s Strong Style Evolved show on Sunday: “It will be live on TV in the U.S. and Japan and on New Japan World everywhere except the U.S. It isn’t on any television in Canada except the places that get AXS. The show is scheduled for four hours but they are treating it as a live sports event, not a television show. If it goes long, it goes long. They don't have to hit time cues.”
- To promote Strong Style Evolved, Kazuchika Okada (with Josh Barnett) appeared on “Nacion” on ESPN Deportes and Busted Open Radio on SiriusXM.
- Kenny Omega also appeared on Busted Open and was interviewed by Uproxx about Strong Style Evolved and Daniel Bryan’s return, which he called one of the feel-good wrestling stories of the year.
- Dave Doyle wrote a story for Yahoo Sports about the Golden Lovers making pro wrestling more inclusive for LGBTQ fans.
- KUSHIDA posted a photo today with everyone who’s at the NJPW LA dojo camp.
- Cody Rhodes vs. Matt Taven in a first blood match is set for ROH’s show in Columbus, Ohio on April 15th.
- Cody tweeted about Daniel Bryan being cleared by WWE: “That's great for everybody. Especially him. He LOVES wrestling.”
- Knockouts Champion Allie will defend her title against Taya Valkyrie at the Impact vs. Lucha Underground show in New Orleans on Friday, April 6th.
- Impact Wrestling is returning to the UK for a show at Bowlers Exhibition Centre in Manchester, which is in conjunction with Wrestling MediaCon. Tickets will go on sale next month, with Austin Aries, Alberto El Patron, Johnny Impact, Eli Drake, Moose, Sami Callihan, Eddie Edwards, and Matt Sydal advertised to appear.
- After his final Impact appearance aired, EC3 thanked the company and posted pictures of his time there.
- Vice Sports has a feature on the forgotten story of the first black female wrestlers.
- wXw announced Toni Storm vs. Tenille Dashwood for their show in Oberhausen on May 5th. Dashwood also visited Lance Storm’s wrestling school to speak to his students yesterday.
- El Mesias, who is Mil Muertes in Lucha Underground, announced that he’s no longer with AAA.
- In addition to their event on August 30th, AAW has added a show at the Logan Square Auditorium in Chicago on the 31st during Labor Day/All In weekend.
- Fire Pro Wrestling world for the PS4 is available for pre-order and will cost $49.99.
- IWC released James Ellsworth and Gillberg's High Stakes Championship match for free on YouTube.
- Fox News has an article on Robbie E staying fit while being a parent.
- Josh Barnett commented on winning his arbitration case against USADA: “I proved my innocence as I stated from the beginning and now I can look towards getting back in the ring in the neat future. The time I lost though can never be regained. It should not havr had to come to all of this. Ever onwards…”
- Despite it having been talked about for a while, Dana White told the LA Times that a fight between Demetrious Johnson and TJ Dillashaw isn’t happening.
- Stephen “Wonderboy” Thompson vs. Darren Till is in the works for the UFC’s May 27th show in Liverpool.
- Joe Rogan wants the UFC to get rid of win bonuses in favor of a fairer system.
- Shogun Rua thinks he deserves a light heavyweight title shot if he defeats Volkan Oezdemir.
- Ariel Helwani reported that Santiago Ponzinibbio vs. Kamaru Usman will be the main event of UFC Fight Night: Chile on May 19th.
Daily Professional Wrestling History: Bret Hart vs. Steve Austin at WrestleMania 13
- Poll opinions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Feedback: email@example.com
- Show results and news tips: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wrestling Observer Radio questions: email@example.com
- Support the Empire~! with F4W shirts. Grab yours today!