- Jushin Thunder Liger replacing Will Ospreay at OTT ScrapperMania 5
- NXT Bartow, FL, live results: Valentine's Day show
- F4D: Lance Storm on Becky Lynch apology, Raw, Chamber, more! 2/15
- WOL: Undertaker at Starrcast, Flair's birthday, Dr. Lucha on Super Porky and more! 2/15
- WOR: Undertaker at Starrcast, G1 in Dallas, Jericho, and Dave on Donahue 2/15
- B&V&G: Granny, NXT, WWF Superstars of Wrestling from 1992! 2/14
F4W NEWSLETTER: Figure Four Weekly: Kenny Omega signs with AEW
While it had become expected leading into the announcement, that doesn't make Kenny Omega joining All Elite Wrestling any less of a vital move for the start-up company.
Omega signing with AEW was confirmed at last week's Double or Nothing ticket announcement party in Las Vegas. Omega signed a four-year deal that allows him to still wrestle for New Japan Pro Wrestling if he wants to (and if NJPW will have him). And in addition to his in-ring role, Omega will serve alongside Cody Rhodes and The Young Bucks as an executive vice president of the promotion.
WON NEWSLETTER: February 18, 2019 Observer Newsletter: Death of Pedro Morales
I don’t expect more than a few more weeks of this format of Observers.
WWE grossed $930,160,000 and turned a $98,719,000 profit in 2018, both company records. Last year the company set a revenue record of $800,959,000 and turned a $32,116,000 profit.
Pedro Morales, best known for his three-year run as WWWF champion from 1971-73, passed away on 2/12 at Raritan Bay Medical Center in Perth Amboy, NJ, where he had been hospitalized for two weeks. He was 78 and had been battling Parkinson’s Disease for several years.
NJPW New Beginnings: As a legit shoot, while NJPW almost always sells out Edion Arena for big shows, they comped less and opened up more seats so this number was the highest since the 2015 show headlined by Hiroshi Tanhashi vs. A.J. Styles.
UFC 234 - Chaos erupted the day of UFC 234, the first UFC pay-per-view offering of 2019, at the Rod Laver Arena in Melbourne, Australia, causing dramatic change unheard of when it comes to UFC pay-per-view events.
It is now official that Kenny has signed with AEW.
Mustafa Ali's eyeball got busted open and really messed up after a Garvin stomp by Randy Orton on SD Tuesday night.
Dwayne Johnson said he was the first choice to host the Oscars this year. But he said he couldn’t make it work due to the timing of shooting the Jumanji sequel.
Roman Reigns (Joe Anoa'i) will be making an appearance on a Nickelodeon series next month.
ORDERING INFO: Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to firstname.lastname@example.org or by going to www.paypal.com directing funds to email@example.com.
Rates in the United States are $14.50 for 4 issues, $35.50 for 12, $70 for 24, $116 for 40 and $149.50 for 52.
In Canada and Mexico, the rates are $16 for 4, $27 for 8, $38.50 for 12, $76 for 24, $126 for 40 and $162.50 for 52.
For the rest of the world, rates are $18 for 4, $48.50 for 12, $93 for 24, $155 for 40 and $201.50 for 52.
If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order to P.O. Box 1228, Campbell,CA 95009-1228, you can get $1 off in every price range.
FRIDAY NEWS UPDATE
- Naomi on Twitter following the arrest and release of Jimmy Uso: ”Yes dear we are safe and ok thank you and love y’all.”
- Total Divas on 2/24 will cover the backlash Brie Bella recieved after injuring Liv Morgan during Monday Night Raw back in September.
- Stephanie McMahon will give the commencement address at Robert Morris University on May 11. The school also has a Survey of WWE class.
- Shane McMahon will appear on the 3/30 episode of NCIS: Los Angeles..
- WWE Chronicle covers the story behind Paige’s retirement.
- Sasha Banks praised NXT’s Xia Li: “Shoutout @XiaWWE I always see her working her butt off @WWEPC she will be one to watch.”
- Alexa Bliss and Mickie James rewatched the first women’s Elimination Chamber.
- Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson appeared on the Jim Rome show today.
- Sgt. Slaughter was on Boomer and Gio on CBS Sports talking about his career and WrestleMania.
- Impact tonight on the Pursuit channel and on Twitch will have a fatal four way match for the Impact World title, with Johnny Impact defending against Killer Kross, Moose and Brian Cage. Other matches include Tessa Blanchard vs. Taya Valkyrie, Willie Mack vs. Ethan Page and a eight man tag pitting the AAA team of Psycho Clown, Aerostar, Puma King and Hijo Del Vikingo against the Impact team of Sami Callihan, Eddie Edwards, Eli Drake and Fallah Bahh.
- Joe Hendry wrote on Twitter that he is now a free agent, as he and Impact have parted ways.
- Puma King vs. Hijo de LA Park has been added to the MLW Intimidation Games live special on March 2.
- Davey Boy Smith Jr. will be wrestling at Josh Barnett’s Bloodsport in Jersey City, New Jersey on the Thursday of WrestleMania week.
- Conrad Thompson appeared on Busted Open Radio today and discussed The Undertaker being added to Starrcast II.
- Jim Johnston will return to Starrcast for a “Behind the Themes” panel hosted by Sean Mooney.
- Madison Rayne has been added to Starrcast, as well as comedian Ron Funches.
- All but one of Mark Hunt’s claims against the UFC have been dismissed. Hunt filed a lawsuit back in 2016 saying that the UFC, Brock Lesnar and Dana White knew Lesnar was using performance enhancing drugs prior to the Hunt/Lesnar fight at UFC 200. The only claim on Hunt’s lawsuit that still stands is Hunt’s claim against the UFC for breach of the implied covenant of good faith and fair dealing.
- Cain Velasquez says that if he can’t compete at a high level during this weekend’s UFC event against Francis Ngannou, he will retire.
- Jake Hager (Jack Swagger) appeared on this week’s episode of the Edge & Christian podcast.
- Scott Coker said he’s looking at doing another Grand Prix tournament in the fall, possibly in the featherweight division.
- Brandon Moreno has been cut from the UFC.
Daily Pro Wrestling History: Eddie Guerrero wins WWE title at No Way Out 2004
Ed in San Antonio presents the WRESTLEMANIAWeekend Events (more to be added):
- Sunday, April 6th, at 12:00 pm: Lunch (all you can eat) at Churrascaria Plataforma ($90 per person), located at 316 W. 49th street in Manhattan. Purchase tickets here~!
- Luxury Bus to MetLife Stadium for Wrestlemania: We will depart from the Hilton Midtown (site of Wrestlecon) located at 1335 Avenue of the Americas. Departure time is 4:00 pm and will return from MetLife approximately 30 mins after the event. Times are subject to change, and cost $67.00 per person for the round trip. Purchase tickets here~!
- Poll opinions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Feedback: email@example.com
- Show results and news tips: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wrestling Observer Radio questions: email@example.com
- Support the Empire~! with F4W shirts. Grab yours today!