The latest from the F4W Staff
- WWE bringing Survivor Series weekend to Houston, TX in 2017
- November 21, 2016 Wrestling Observer Newsletter: UFC 205 reviewed, Vader given 2 years to live, more
- Lucha Underground results: Aztec Warfare III
- SmackDown ratings way up for loaded 900th episode
- WWE SmackDown video highlights: The Undertaker is back
- WWE SmackDown live results: Undertaker & Edge return on episode 900
- WOR: Goldberg hurt, Survivor Series weekend, Lucha Underground, UFC, tons more! 11/17
- F4D: Smackdown 900, Filthy Tom's new baby, B-Sample update, OVERWEIGHT CLASSIC TURMOIL 11/16
- WOL: Smackdown 900 and how it leads into Survivor Series, more! 11/16
- B&V&C: The famous WHY BRET WHY episode of Raw, plus NWO runs in on Nitro! 11/15
We're looking for reports on tonight's NXT show in Boston at the Agannis Arena and the ROH show in Liverpool, UK (Adam Cole & Young Bucks vs. Briscoes & ?, Bobby Fish vs. Will Ospreay for TV title, Jay Lethal vs. Chris Sabin, Dalton Castle vs. Marty Scurll, Christopher Daniels vs. ?, Lio Rush vs. Frankie Kazarian, Joe Hendry vs. Donovan Dijak) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TNA IMPACT AT 8 P.M. TONIGHT ON POP TV
NEW JAPAN WORLD TAG LEAGUE 2016 OPENS TONIGHT AT KORAKUEN HALL AT 4:30 A.M. EASTERN TIME ON NEW JAPAN WORLD
- Teruaki Kanemitsu vs. Hirai Kawato
- Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma & Jushin Liger & David Finlay vs. Yoshitatsu & Billy Gunn & Kushida & Ryusuke Taguchi
- Katsuyori Shibata & Yuji Nagata & Tiger Mask vs. Seiya Sanada & Evil & Bushi
- Kazuchika Okada & Hirooki Goto & Tomohiro Ishii & Yoshi-Hashi vs. Kenny Omega & Bad Luck Fale & Chase Owens & Bone Soldier
- Manabu Nakanishi & Henare vs. Ray Rowe & Hanson
- Brian Breaker & Leland Race vs. Yujiro Takahashi & Hangman age
- Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima vs. Tama Tonga & Tanga Roa
- Hiroshi Tanahashi & Juice Robinson vs. Tetsuya Naito & ?
FIGURE FOUR WEEKLY: 11/7/16; California wrestling regulation in 1978
In 1977, Roy Shire's northern California territory was doing its best business of the entire decade, but it wasn't offering the usual Roy Shire style of booking with Roy Shire style workers (smaller big bumping blond heel on top) on top. Needing a break and new ideas, he brought in Bob Roop as the booker, who brought in Kevin Sullivan with him...click here to continue.
WRESTLING OBSERVER NEWSLETTER: November 21, 2016 Wrestling Observer Newsletter: UFC 205 reviewed, Vader given 2 years to live, more
Pro wrestling, celebrities, politics, divisiveness and the election are the lead story in the new issue of the Observer.
Also, look at UFC 205 in depth, with a look at records, ticket demand, and all of the fights.
A look at the key things to watch at Survivor Series, ticket demand for Survivor Series vs. NXT vs. Raw next week, the stipulations and the update on the matches.
Have an in-depth look at the Jon Jones case from all angles and why the arbitrators ruled against Jones. Plus, look at the drug he claimed he used, his defense, why it wasn't accepted, questions regarding his defense, how the arbitrators viewed things, how this affects the potential penalties for Brock Lesnar, why the punishment isn't completed yet and what's next for the light heavyweight division. Finally, a look at what's next for Jon Jones including the match he is having soon and the Jones reaction to everything.
An update on WrestleMania weekend, why changes were made by WWE and how the independent situation is, as well as WWE making a decision for 2017 regarding PPV and why, Hulk Hogan return, NXT changes, more on Royal Rumble weekend, new WWE Network show ideas and plans, WWE top star of the past gets married to another former WWE performer, injury updates, John Cena update and when he's back, plans for December hour shows and December PPV shows.
In this issue, take a look at the Smackdown announcing crew decision, the reaction to Charlotte vs. Sasha Banks at Hell in a Cell and the finish, more on international stars that WWE has come after, how the WWE video game is doing, department changes, names at the most recent WWE tryouts, why WWE's value dropped $330 million in five weeks and what it means, most-viewed shows on the WWE Network, what wrestler dominates the list, Raw vs. Smackdown and Mascara Dorada talks his WWE signing... click here to continue.
ORDERING INFO: Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to Dave Meltzer, or by using PayPal directing funds to Dave@WrestlingObserver.com.
Rates in the United States are $13 for 4 issues, $32 for 12, $61 for 24, $101 for 40 and $131 for 52. In Canada and Mexico, rates are $14.50 for 4, $35 for 12, $67 for 24, $111 for 40 and $144 or 52. In Europe, you can get the fastest delivery and best rates by sending to email@example.com. For the rest of the world, rates are $16.50 for 4, $44 for 12, $85 for 24, $141 for 40 issues and $183 for 52. If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order (P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228), you can get $1 off in every price range.)
If you are a new subscriber ordering 24 or more issues, you can choose one free classic issue, or two free classic issues with a 40-issue subscription.
WON BACK ISSUE:October 25, 1999: WWF No Mercy review, first Nitro with Vince Russo, more - The new era of WCW television began on 10/18 in Philadelphia, with Vince Russo and Ed Ferrara's first Nitro. There was no mistaking the fingerprints even if viewers didn't have that fact drummed into their heads from early in the show. Far more detailed work was done in scripting the show then at any Nitro in recent memory and possibly ever... click here to continue.
THURSDAY NEWS UPDATE
ROH begins its three-show U.K. tour tomorrow in Liverpool, with shows on Saturday in Leicester and Sunday in London at York Hall.
Timothy Thatcher has gotten clearance and has flown home to California. He suffered a severe concussion on Saturday's Evolve show against Drew Gulak, and had to stay in New York because he was unable to fly. Evolve has also announced these new matches:
*12/10 in Queens, NY
- Chris Hero vs. Dick Togo
- Cody Rhodes vs. Ethan Page
- 12/11 in Melrose, MA
- Ricochet vs. Matt Riddle
- Darby Allin & Peter Kaasa vs. Jaka & Chris Dickinson
- Regarding the story on the WWE Network and marketing plans in the new Observer, WWE has said that not everyone who cancels will be offered a free month. The policy is that if you cancel the subscription and never have received a free month in the past, that you will be offered a free month. We're told the policy is that if you have in the past received a free month, that offer will not be given.
- This is a really great article on the WWE Network.
- The names of the other new plaintiffs in the concussion lawsuit against WWE that were not listed in the new Observer are David Silva (Sylvano Sousa), John Jeter, Charles Scaggs (Too Cold Scorpio/Flash Funk) and Charles Wicks (Chad Wicks).
- James Ellsworth has contacted indie promoters that he's taking no new dates which means he's either signed or about to sign a WWE contract.
- They will be taping one episode of NXT at the Smackdown tapings this coming Tuesday in Ottawa.
- Kane and Dolph Ziggler on the Fox Business Channel can be seen here.
- A story on UFC owner Ari Emanuel and Patrick Whitesell and future plans is here.
- Here is a note on Miesha Tate telling her corner she doesn't want to fight anymore.
- Bruce Buffer explains the announcement after the Woodley vs. Thompson fight.
- E! announced a third season of WAGS. Barbie Blank, the former WWE Kelly Kelly, is a cast member of that show.
- There's been a lot of photos showing Samantha Diaz, who fights on tomorrow's Invicta show on Fight Pass, who cut off a lot of her hair today to make weight.
- There is a Lucha libre show on 1/27 in Memphis at En El Marcdaito with Drago & Aerostar vs Mini Laredo & Blue Angel as the main event.
- CZW on Saturday at Flyers Skate Zone in Voorhees, NJ has a 4 p.m. women's show with Leva Bates vs. Su Yung for the Spirit title as the main event, plus Jade, Taeler Hendrix, Britt Baker, Renee Michelle, Lufisto and Mercedes Martinez appearing. At 8 p.m. they have a men's show headlined by Matt Tremont & Jeff Cannonball vs. Josh Crane & Dale Patricks, plus Jonathan Gresham vs. Danny Havoc for the CZW title, and Sami Callihan, Homicide and more.
- ACH will appear for 12 dates with CWE in January.
- The annual CMLL bodybuilding contest takes place on Wednesday at 1 p.m. Eastern time and it'll be streamed live on the CMLL YouTube channel.
- Bolt Brady from Austin, TX has signed with NWL Kansas City and will use the name Blaine Meeks.
- Carnaval de Lucha on 1/29 in Scarborough, ONT at the Variety Village Gym.
- Rock Solid Wrestling on 11/26 in Lively, ONT at the Lively District Secondary School
- Evolve and the FTW Wrestling Academy in College Point, NY will be hosting a Dick Togo seminar, teaching training, getting booked in Japan, how to call a match in Japan and differences in Styles on 12/9.
- Ten athletes, mostly wrestlers and weightlifters from the 2008 Olympics in Beijing, have been stripped of medals based on retesting of urine samples using more modern methods. There were 98 old samples from 2008 and 2012 that came back as failed tests using new methods. Among those stripped were silver medalists Khasan Baroev of Russia in men's 264 pounds Greco-Roman, and Vitaliy Rahimov of Azerbaijan in Men's 132 pound Greco-Roman.
- Konnan's podcast with Diego Sanchez, Shane Helms and Juventud Guerrera is here.
TODAY IN PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING HISTORY 11/17: Shawn Michaels wins the World Heavyweight title
- Poll opinions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Feedback: email@example.com
- Show results and news tips: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wrestling Observer Radio questions: email@example.com