THE LATEST NEWS
- USA announces WWE programming schedule for WrestleMania week
- Hulk Hogan not scheduled for any upcoming WWE events
- PWG saying goodbye to its longtime home venue in Reseda
- WWE NXT results: Regal introduces the North American title
- Gargano to face Ciampa in an unsanctioned match at NXT TakeOver
THE LATEST AUDIO
- WOL: Dave Meltzer and Josh Mathews 3/29
- JNPO: The one about UFC and WWE TV deals, pt. 1 3/29
- WOR: Shane McMahon and WrestleMania, Smackdown, New Japan Long Beach, more! 3/29
We're looking for reports on tonight's NXT show in Cocoa, FL to firstname.lastname@example.org.
IMPACT AT 8 P.M. TONIGHT ON POP TV
- Suicide (Caleb Konley) vs. Petey Williams vs. Taiji Ishimori vs. Rohit Raju
- Bobby Lashley vs. Brian Cage
- Austin Aries vs. Matt Sydal Impact title vs. Grand championship
NEW JAPAN AT TOKYO KORAKUEN HALL FRIDAY MORNING AT 5:30 A.M. EASTERN ON NEW JAPAN WORLD
- Tetsuhiro Yagi vs. Ren Narita
- Yuji Nagata vs. Shota Umino
- Togi Makabe & Michael Elgin & Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Manabu Nakanishi & Tomoyuki Oka
- Juice Robinson & David Finlay & Toa Henare vs. Hirooki Goto & Jay White & Tomohiro Ishii
- Hiroshi Tanahashi & Kushida & Tiger Mask vs. Toru Yano & Sho & Yoh
- Tetsuya Naito & Evil & Seiya Sanada & Bushi & Hiromu Takahashi vs. Minoru Suzuki & Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr. & Yoshinobu Kanemaru & Desperado
- Kazuchika Okada & Yoshi-Hashi vs. Zack Sabre Jr. & Taichi
When Daniel Bryan chronicled his "improbable journey" to the main event of WrestleMania in his first book in 2015, there's no way that he could have known how unbelievable the story of his career would end up being. A day that, not long ago, seemed like it was never going to come arrived last Tuesday as WWE announced that Bryan has been medically cleared to wrestle for the company. "Following more than two years of extensive evaluations, four-time World Champion Daniel Bryan has been medically cleared to return to in-ring competition by leading neurosurgeons, neurologists and concussion experts, including Dr. Robert Cantu, Dr. Javier Cárdenas and Dr. Jeffrey Kutcher," WWE's statement said.
An update on WrestleMania, with changes in he show, rumors about the show, ticket sales for all the major events of the week and what shows have the most and least interest is the lead story in the new issue of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.
This issue has full coverage of New Japan going to the Cow Palace, the background of how that happened, notes on the Long Beach show with match-by-match coverage with star ratings and poll results. Also look at a Friday night show that week, the situation with Rey Mysterio Jr., thoughts on the main event, this week's biggest shows and future booking.
Read the updated WWE/Hulk Hogan situation.
Examine the notes on PWG leaving its home base in Reseda and full coverage of the weekend show, the PWG business, and match-by-match coverage with star ratings.
Also inside is a full events calendar for WrestleMania week with the non-WWE and ROH shows, how the rules for independent shows will differ from those of WWE shows, and where the big stars and key matches will be taking place.
We also look at two lawsuits against WWE that were thrown out and why, and thoughts on both why they were and what questions they bring up. There is also more on the Greatest Royal Rumble show and the big ethical question everyone is avoiding.
Look at Vince McMahon's competition for a spring football league and moves that they are making. Plus, get the update on Bryan Danielson, Charlotte Flair, changes in commercial content on Raw coming soon, as well as the latest plans for after WrestleMania.
There is a ton of WWE Hall of Fame news, non-wrestling news involving Paul Heyman, Ronda Rousey media, former WWE star to host a television show, key live dates for the next year, future of Jim Ross, and lots of women wrestlers defend Moolah and others who don't.
Find out more on John Cena's acting gigs, Ric Flair starting a new company, new DVD releases for 2018, update on Dean Ambrose, UK TV ratings, most-watched shows on the WWE Network as well as a rundown of all the WWE live evens over the past week with highlights and business notes.
Check out the weekly coverage of all the ratings of the major shows, detailed notes on who is watching all the WWE shows, results from the major league events held around the world, and the major TV show rundowns.
ORDERING INFO: Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to Dave Meltzer, or by using PayPal directing funds to Dave@WrestlingObserver.com.
Rates in the United States are $13 for 4 issues, $32 for 12, $61 for 24, $101 for 40 and $131 for 52. In Canada and Mexico, rates are $14.50 for 4, $35 for 12, $67 for 24, $111 for 40 and $144 or 52. In Europe, you can get the fastest delivery and best rates by sending to email@example.com. For the rest of the world, rates are $16.50 for 4, $44 for 12, $85 for 24, $141 for 40 issues and $183 for 52. If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order (P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228), you can get $1 off in every price range.)
If you are a new subscriber ordering 24 or more issues, you can choose one free classic issue, or two free classic issues with a 40-issue subscription.
THURSDAY NEWS UPDATE
UFC today announced that Darren Till vs. Stephen Wonderboy Thompson will headline the 5/27 show in Liverpool, England.
The Nevada Athletic Commission has filed an official complaint against Canelo Alvarez, which will be heard on 4/18. Alvarez failed two tests for Clenbuterol, which has been found in red meat products in both China and Mexico. Alvarez was training in Guadalajara. Alvarez failed surprise tests on 2/17 and 2/20. Alvarez is scheduled to face Gennady Golovkin on 5/5 in Las Vegas in what would be the biggest U.S. boxing match so far this year.
WWE announced a deal today with RTL Televizija in Croatia, a free-to-air television station that starting this coming weekend on RTL 2. They will air a one-hour edited version of Raw at 7 p.m. on Saturday nighs and a one-hour version of Smackdown on Sundays at 7 p.m. with Croatian commentary.
Jerry Jarrett is behind a television pilot that is being filmed on 4/26 in Wheeling, WV. The show is called Olympus Wrestling. They are shooting a pilot with the idea of doing an America's Got Talent like format where matches would take place and there would be three judges evaluating both the matches and the wrestlers. Robert Fuller and Jim Cornette will be two of the judges.
MGM Television Group, Mark Burnett's company that is behind Lucha Underground, has inked a deal with the Professional Fight League to develop and produce new content.
Evil returns on tomorrow's Korakuen Hall show after being out with a broken orbital bone.
- John Cena, when promoting "Blockers" in Australia, was asked about the 10/6 stadium show in Melbourne and said that he thought he was booked on the show.
- The Hip Hop Artist AKA will be a guest when WWE goes on tour of South Africa, appearing on shows in Pretoria and Johannesburg.
- Arnold Allen vs. Mads Burnell has been added to the 5/27 show in Liverpool.
An article on Josh Barnett pulling out of USADA testing back at the end of 2016, meaning that he wouldn't be able to fight in UFC for a minimum of six months.
- Suburban Fight Pro Wrestling on 4/1 in Los Angels at Resident at 428 S. Hewitt St., is headlined by Matt Cross vs. Darby Allin, Reno Scum vs. Espiritu Ardiente & Ty Ray and Brody King vs. Jeff Cannonball.
- Missy Hyatt talks her career in wrestling.
- Over the Top Wrestling on Saturday and Sunday at the Tivoli Theater in Dublin. Jordan Devlin vs. Angelico headlines the Saturday show. There will be a women's show on Saturday with Session Moth Martina defending her women's title in a four-way.
- DDP wants to do a documentary on Pete Polaco (Justin Credible) coming back from addiction issues.
- NWL results from Saturday night in Kansas City: Sharkbait b Will Lowe, Stephen Wolf b Christian Rose, Dak Draper b Ace Steel, Howletts & Michael Strider b Besties in the World & Gary Jay, Marti Belle b Rhane Victoria, Maverick b Thomas Shire, Royal Blood b Top Shelf Entertainment, Jeremy Wyatt b Jack Foster to keep NWL title. (thanks to Brain Hoops)
- PCW Ultra on 5/4 in Los Angeles is headlined by Chelsea Green vs. Tessa Blanchard to create their first women's title.
- Pro Wrestling Eve tomorrow at the Resistance Gallery in London has Sammii Jayne vs. Kris Wolf, Dash Chisako vs. Kay Lee Ray, Jordynne Grace vs. Livvii Grace and more. As of this morning they wer 10 tickets shy of a sellout.
- This past Sunday on the Showtime season premiere of "Billions," there were references to Ivan Koloff and the Iron Sheik in the dialogue. (thanks to Joe Puccio)
- A Saturday night show in Rutherford, NJ called Rescuemania headlined by Crowbar Devon Storm going to a no contest with Adam Payne drew 831 fans paying $19,200.
- Lion's Pride Sports on 3/31 in Stephenville, TX at City Limits headlined by Mike Dell defending their title against Brent McKenzie.
- Great North Wrestling Cage Wars 2 on 5/12 in Brockville, ONT at the Memorial Centre has Devon Nicholson vs. Haku plus Pierre Carl Oullet, Laurel Van Ness, Wes Brisco and Lady Jasmine. They also run 5/25 in Pembroke, ONT at the Memorial Centre with Tony Atlas, Oullet, Hannibal and more.
- AAW on Saturday night in LaSalle, IL at the Knights of Columbus has ACH vs. Keith Lee for the AAW title, Jessicka Havok vs. Ivelisse for the women's title, Davey Vega & Mat Fitchett vs. Curt Stallion & Jake Something for the tag titles, David Starr vs. Jimmy Jacobs, AR Fox & Myron Reed vs. Trey Miguel & Steven Wolf and a Rumble with the winner getting a shot at the Heritage title, as well as Scarlett vs. Kyle Rae and Trevor Lee & Eddie Kingston vs. Shane Strickland & Moose.
- NFC has an MMA show on 3/30 at the Electric Cowboy in Kennesaw, GA.
- The 2018 Dynamite Cup takes place on 6/23 in Lafayette, IN at the Greater Lafayette YMCA Gym.
- An evening with Jim Duggan takes place on 4/15 at Absolute Comedy in Toronto.
- John Gotti III, the grandson of the famous mobster, will be fighting MMA on 5/4 in Westbury, NY for the CES promotion.
- Hoosier Pro Wrestling on 4/7 in Columbus, IN at the 4-H Fairgrounds with Flash Flanagan vs. Butcher Manson in he main event.
- Toni Storm will be defending her Progress title in Perth against Alyson Cruz and in Melbourne against Kellyanne.
- Tyler Bate & Trent Seven face The Brat Pack and Dowie Jones vs. Gino Gambino headline for Melbourne City Wrestling.
- The NHPW promotion in Australia is bringing in Jeff Cobb for shows on 5/25 and 5/26 as part of their Global Conflict series. (thanks to Kevin Chiat)
- The Burning Hammer Film Festival will take place on 9/14 to 9/16 in Shoreditch at Newspeak House for wrestling and film fans.
- Cross Body Pro Wrestling on 4/7 in Kitchener, ONT at 69 Agnes St.
- CWE tonight in LaSalle, Manitoba at the Credit Union Complex.
- Combate Americas announced a new TV deal with Univision Deportes to air 16 shows this year starting with a live 90 minute show on 4/13 from the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles. The show will be headlined by John Castaneda vs. Mac Gomez of Spain in a bantamweight fight.
- A new book called "Don't Call Me Fake: The Real Story of Dr. D David Schultz" is available.
- A photo feature on British Wrestling.
Daily Professional Wrestling History: WWF WrestleMania III
- Poll opinions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Feedback: email@example.com
- Show results and news tips: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wrestling Observer Radio questions: email@example.com
- Support the Empire~! with F4W shirts. Grab yours today!