- New ICW Fight Club episodes coming to WWE Network
- AEW announces signing of Top Flight
- VIDEO: Being The Elite - A Dark Order Thanksgiving
- Mike Bennett returns to ROH, reunites with Matt Taven
- NJPW BOSJ results: El Desperado vs. Master Wato
- WWE Icons docuseries coming to WWE Network in 2021
- The Undertaker says his 'Final Farewell' at WWE Survivor Series
- WWE announces TLC 2020 for December
- WOL: Survivor Series fallout, Lana finish, RAW tonight, more! 11/23
- WOR: Survivor Series 2020, new Observer Award, UFC, mailbag, more! 11/23
- B&V&C: WWE Survivor Series 2020 11/22
Latest Free YouTube Video:
A look at the issues involving the firing of Thea Budgen aka Zelina Vega, as well as a number of historical stories regarding issues with talent and management is the lead story in the new issue of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.
We explain why the ending was inevitable based on the circumstances, look at WWE and SAG AFTRA, Andrew Yang, Gabrille Carteris and the different players involved in the story. We look at what wrestlers and fighters earn as compared to other top athletes and why the discrepancy, what the Saudi Arabia flight story showed, what is fair for WWE to do and what isn't, complaints by talent regarding an exemption, as well as a number of historical stories related to the topic that feature such names as Hulk Hogan, Jesse Ventura, Superstar Billy Graham, Ivan Koloff (twice), Johnny Valentine and many others.
Also in this issue:
Update to the Survivor Series card with changes and injury notes.
WWE's move to Tropicana Field in a few weeks.
New Japan's Super Juniors and tag team tournaments, this week's schedule and updates.
Seth Rollins' schedule, Alexa Bliss engagement, NXT Takeover notes, lots of WWE injury updates, Undertaker answers retirement questions, Miz talks why he moved to Texas, description of new President Nick Khan, how WWE & AEW did compared to other sports this past week, WWE and AEW ratings in Canada and England, WWE market value and the most-watched shows on the WWE Network for the past week.
Saturday's UFC show, the background and match-by-match coverage.
Dragon Gate's Kobe World show, the biggest show of the year from Japan's second largest company.
Why television networks should be interested in purchasing UFC or WWE outright as far as a long-term investment that will pay off in the long run.
Television business, with ratings breakdowns in every segment for Wednesdays and every category for other shows, looking at stats not available elsewhere to get the deepest read into how shows are doing, what categories are doing well and how shows compare with previous weeks and one year ago.
Results of all the major pro wrestling events around the world over the past week.
ORDERING INFO: Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to firstname.lastname@example.org or by going to www.paypal.com directing funds to email@example.com.
Rates in the United States are $14.50 for 4 issues, $35.50 for 12, $70 for 24, $116 for 40 and $149.50 for 52.
In Canada and Mexico, the rates are $16 for 4, $27 for 8, $38.50 for 12, $76 for 24, $126 for 40 and $162.50 for 52.
For the rest of the world, rates are $18 for 4, $48.50 for 12, $93 for 24, $155 for 40 and $201.50 for 52.
If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order to P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228, you can get $1 off in every price range.
MONDAY NEWS UPDATE
Bryan and I will be back tonight covering Raw, the Shad Gaspard Award and some history topics with Wrestling Observer Radio. You can send questions for tonight's show to firstname.lastname@example.org
Drew McIntyre vs. Braun Strowman for the WWE title is right now the scheduled main event for TLC on 12/20. Right now regarding Roman Reigns vs. Daniel Bryan for the Universal title, that match is scheduled to take place at some point, it could be TLC, but it's leaning toward a later date.
Survivor Series was the No. 10 most searched term on Google yesterday with more than 500,000. It's the number we projected so it was no more or less popular than expected. This was a rare UFC/WWE PPV weekend where the WWE show had more interest, and actually by a lot, since UFC 255 was at 200,000 searches, which is exceedingly low for a PPV show. We're taking polls for both shows, so you can leave a thumbs up, thumbs down or thumbs in the middle along with a best and worst match to email@example.com
Very little has been announced for Raw tonight. Alexa Bliss vs. Nikki Cross is scheduled. Monday Night Football has a strong game with the Los Angeles Rams vs. Tampa Bay Bucs, so it'll be legit major competition. It should be well above normal coming after Survivor Series, but easily could drop from last week with the Orton vs. McIntyre title match.
Last night was Seth Rollins last appearance until after Becky Lynch gives birth.
New Japan's tour continues tomorrow morning with a 4:30 a.m Eastern time show from Fukushima:
- Satoshi Kojima & Tomoaki Honma vs. Yuji Nagata & Yota Tsuji
- Juice Robinson & David Finlay vs. Bad Luck Fale & Chase Owens
- Hiroshi Tanahasihi & Toa Henare vs. Evil & Yujiro Takahashi
- Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano vs. Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa
- Taichi & Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Great O'Khan & Jeff Cobb
- Hirooki Goto & Yoshi-Hashi vs. Shingo Takagi & Sanada
Want to thank everyone who participated in our fundraiser last night for Jay Dumont. It was very successful thanks to the web site subscribers.
- PWInsider reported that Pam Murrin, who was Senior Vice President for Data Strategy is the latest on the list of top executives who have been fired this past week. The WWE is less interested in data analytics because that was something George Barrios was behind and Vince McMahon is less interested in it.
- Rob Gronkowski and Lahemm Lilliard have been added to the roster of the WWE 2K Battleground game. Gronkowski will be known as Gronkser and also announced are Randy Savage, Undertaker, Rhea Ripley, Boogeyman, Kane, Andrade, Billie Kay, Murphy, Edge and Peyton Royce.
- Impact on AXS TV tomorrow night has just announced the continuation of the Knockouts tag team title tournament, Johnny Swinger in retro Wrestlers Court and Rich Swann vs. Ken Shamrock for the Impact title.
- FITE TV is debuting its first ever scripted series on Friday night with The Count, a Ballers meets Entourage comedy-drama in Vegas and international gambling circuits (w/ a Fight Club-like subplot). It features cameos from both Mike Tyson and Roy Jones Jr., as well as Rampage Jackson and Cung Le.
- ONE has announced shows on 12/4 and 12/18 from Singapore Indoor Stadium. 12/4 is headlined by light heavyweight kickboxing champion Roman Kryklia defending against Murat Aygun. Both shows will be broadcast live on the ONE app.
- Scott D'Amore of Impact has said that anyone who donates money for Melissa Coates' Go Fund Me, he will match every donation dollar for dollar.
- Calvin Tankman will debut on MLW Fusion on Wednesday night at 7 p.m. on YouTube, Fubo Sports and Pluto TV.
Daily Pro Wrestling History: Sting makes WWE debut at Survivor Series 2014
- Poll opinions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Feedback: email@example.com
- Show results and news tips: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wrestling Observer Radio questions: email@example.com
- Support the Empire~! with F4W shirts. Grab yours today