One thing is for certain... It will be historic.
TNA BOUND FOR GLORY PPV ON SUNDAY FROM ORLANDO
- Bobby Lashley vs. Ethan Carter III in a no rules match for the TNA title
- Aron Rex vs. Eddie Edwards in the finals for the Grand championship
- Matt & Jeff Hardy vs. Abyss & Crazzy Steve in the Giant War for the tag team titles
- Maria Kanellis vs. Gail Kim for Knockouts title
- Mike Bennett vs. Moose
- Zema Ion vs. Trevor Lee for the X Division title match
- Rumble Gauntlet for a TNA title shot
- Gail Kim Hall of Fame ceremony
AAA HEROES INMORATLES TONIGHT AT ARENA MONTERRY (this show is unavailable in the U.S.)
- Aerostar & Drago vs. Laredo Kid & Super Fly vs. Monsther Clown & Murder Clown vs. Damian 666 & Nicho in a ladder match for the AAA tag titles
- Antonio Pena Cup elimination match
- Gran Apache & Mary Apache & Faby Apache vs. Averno & Chessman & Ricky Marvin
- El Hijo del Fantasma & El Texano Jr. & La Parka vs. Mesias & ? & ?
- Johnny Mundo vs. Garza Jr. for the Latin American title
- Australian Suicide vs. Daga in a mask vs. hair match
- Alberto El Patron & Psycho Clown vs. Dr. Wagner Jr. & Pagano
We're looking for your thoughts on Friday's ROH PPV as well as today's TNA PPV with thumbs up, thumbs down or thumbs in the middle along with a best and worst match to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We're also looking for reports on today's WWE show in Ontario, CA and yesterday's WWE show in Las Vegas to NewsTips@WrestlingObserver.com.
Raw will be Monday night from the Staples Center in Los Angeles. Charlotte vs. Sasha Banks for the women's title and T.J. Perkins vs. Brian Kendrick for the cruiserweight title have been announced for the show. Ashton Kutcher and Danny Masterson are celebrity guests for Monday's show. There is also a Smackdown house show in Palm Springs, CA on Monday.
Tuesday has Smackdown tapings in San Diego.
The Raw crew heads to Santiago, Chile for a Wednesday show.
The Latest From the F4W Staff
- WWE reportedly releases Tough Enough winner Sara Lee
- No serious injuries suffered in ROH Ladder War 6 match
- ROH Lowell, MA, TV tapings results: Trios tournament, Naito, Dragon Lee
- B&V&P: Antonio Thomas joins Bryan & Vinny and Granny to recap, LU, NXT and RAW! 9/30
- Wrestling Weekly: HWA & OVW veteran Trever Varney 9/30
- WOL: D-Day for TNA, Jamie Noble update, John Lineker misses weight, more! 9/30
- JNPO: SiriusXM's Danny Acosta talks UFC 205 & MMA news of the week 9/30
- WOR: TNA update, ROH PPV report, Jamie Noble stabbed, more! 10/1
- WWE Superstars results: Zayn vs. Axel; Neville vs. Mahal
- ROH All Star Extravaganza live results: Adam Cole vs. Michael Elgin
- WWE Main Event results: Breeze vs. Crews; Kane vs. Corbin
- NXT Orlando, FL, live results: No Way Shinsuke team with the Perfect 10
- TNA Impact Wrestling live results: Team EC3 vs. Team Lashley on the Road To Glory
Figure Four Weekly, 9/26/2016: The unlikely story of TJ Perkins (Part II) - When T.J. Perkins went to Florida Championship Wrestling without a WWE contract in 2009, it was a very different picture from how Ohio Valley Wrestling treated non contract talent before FCW took over for it as the primary developmental promotion. Subscribers click here to continue reading.
F4W YouTube Page: Tons of clips and full free audio shows that you can tell your friends about, and much more to come! Make sure you subscribe today!
Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Oct 3, 2016:TNA at a crossroads, WWE Clash of Champions review, more - Details on the tumultuous situation TNA is in, a review of WWE Clash of Champions, more... With Bound for Glory and television tapings scheduled this week, the expectation was that TNA would be sold by now, although that’s been the feeling for weeks and at press time it still hasn’t happened... WWE’s first Raw-exclusive PPV, the Clash of Champions, was a mostly good show, but because they are running so many PPVs, it had the feeling of ordinary and not at all special... The first fight between UFC champions in different weight classes in nearly eight years will headline the company’s 11/12 debut in Madison Square Garden, which, unless a rash of injuries crop up, is the deepest card in terms of talent in company history... Subscribers click here to continue reading.
Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to Dave Meltzer, or by using PayPal directing funds to Dave@WrestlingObserver.com.
Rates in the United States are $13 for 4 issues, $32 for 12, $61 for 24, $101 for 40 and $131 for 52. In Canada and Mexico, rates are $14.50 for 4, $35 for 12, $67 for 24, $111 for 40 and $144 or 52. In Europe, you can get the fastest delivery and best rates by sending to email@example.com. For the rest of the world, rates are $16.50 for 4, $44 for 12, $85 for 24, $141 for 40 issues and $183 for 52. If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order (P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228), you can get $1 off in every price range.)
If you are a new subscriber ordering 24 or more issues, you can choose one free classic issue, or two free classic issues with a 40-issue subscription.
WON Back Issue, September 6, 1999:Week of both high and low ratings, doctor under investigation for prescribing drugs to wrestlers, more - The television season of wrestling overexposure began this past week with both good and bad news. But when the numbers came in, virtually all the good news was limited to the World Wrestling Federation. Subscribers click here to continue reading.
SUNDAY NEWS UPDATE
Bryan and I will be back tonight talking TNA Bound for Glory, UFC in Portland and all the latest news. You can send e-mail questions to the show at firstname.lastname@example.org.
An update to UFC fighter Josh Samman battling for his life and being in critical condition. His roommate and best friend, Troy Kirkingburg, 28, was pronounced dead when police arrived at their place. Nothing has been stated officially regarding the background of what happened other than it was not foul play. Charlene Cristobol, the TV anchor for the local CBS station in Tallahassee, FL was the fiance of Kirkingburg and said, "I am extremely heartbroken over the loss of the man who will always be the love of my life. I thank everyone for their support, but ask for privacy for his family and me as we mourn our loss." Here is the story.
There's nothing new to report on the TNA front. What we do know is that the money that allowed them to pay for the downlink, so the PPV could be broadcast, came in on Thursday, but who is funding this is still unknown. As of a few hours ago, nobody still knew anything. The X Division title match on the show tonight will be DJZ vs. Trevor Lee. Cody Rhodes is also scheduled to be at the show.
The UFC 205 tickets at Madison Square Garden were a mess in the sense that fans couldn't get tickets except at $1,000 or more as scalpers got almost everything. Right now, out of all the tickets available on stubhub, only 26 are priced at less than $1,000. The new thing seems to be is to get ticket brokers to pay big prices for a high-demand event, and then they can unload them, usually at more than face value.
The New Kingdom team in ROH is Matt Taven with Vinny Marseglia & TK O'Ryan of Northeast Wrestling, who are getting a push since they beat the Young Bucks & Adam Cole as part of the trios tournament.
- Sara Lee was cut by WWE because she's pregnant with the baby of Cory Weston, who is wrestling in developmental as Beautiful Blonde Blake, the former Blake of Blake & Murphy fame.
- Added to the Dusty Rhodes tag team tournament are HoHo Lun & Bin Wang and Rich Swann & No Way Jose.
- This is a gem, Vince McMahon hosting an interview for a Don Owen house show in Seattle in the early 80s with a Ric Flair vs. Buddy Rose main event.
- A Jerry Lawler documentary will air on the WWE Network tomorrow night after Raw.
- In promoting the show Total Bellas, here is a Bellas modeling event in the New York Daily News. (thanks to Joe Puccio)
- Football pretty much dominated Google searches over the weekend. Last night's UFC show, as good as it was, with no big-name star power, had less than 20,000 searches and didn't even crack the top 20. Nothing from ROH or TNA, although one wouldn't expect either of them to crack the numbers.
- Lucha Underground's PJ Black suffered two broken ankles in a base jumping accident. He was in South Africa, where he is from, working for the World Wrestling Professionals promotion.
- Danny Demanto broke his leg really bad at last night's Jersey All Pro Wrestling show in Bayonne, NJ. He missed a moonsault, totally overshooting his mark and crashed into the guard rail. The show had to be stopped for more than 30 minutes. (thanks to Paul Sosnowski and Victor Cirilo)
- Kamaitachi's injury last night was a sprained ankle in his match against the debuting Sho Tanaka, which was a dark match at the ROH TV tapings in Lowell, MA. It doesn't appear to be too bad we're told.
- Hanson needed five stitches from a head cut from the tapings yesterday.
- Freelance Wrestling from the Chop Shot in Chicago on Friday night before a sellout 300 fans: Space Monkey & Rey Furia won four-way over Roscoe East Lisa, Superiority Complex and Arik Cannon & Ariya Daivari, Joey Ryan b Shigehiro Irie, Christian Rose won eight-way over Suge D, Mr. 450 Hammet, Steven Wolfe, Kenny Sutra, Triton (CMLL), Don Cruz and Gringo Loco in an excellent match, NWords b Zero Gravity, Craig Mitchell b Isaias Velasquez, Jeff Cobb b Jake Something, Mustafa Ali b DJZ to keep the Freelance title with a Spanish fly in a great match (during the match, DJZ said "F*** the cruiserweight classic" and Ali said "F*** the X Division"), Ethan Page b Robert Anthony over the Ego nickname when Page walked out of the cage to win. Frank the Clown managed Page. Next show is 10/27. (thanks to Lance LeVine)
- WXW has its World Tag Team League show from Friday night in Oberhausen, Germany before 370 fans: Tengkwa b Vinnie the Beast, Walter & Timothy Thatcher b Tyler Bate & Trent Seven, Zack Sabre Jr. & Marty Scurll b Absolute Andy & Marius Al-Ani, Leah Vaughn b Alexis Rose, Pete Dunn b The Mac to win the Shotgun title, Chris Hero & JT Dunn b Ilja Dragunov & Julian Nero, Speedball Mike Bailey b Bad Bones John Klinger, Jack Evans & Angelico b David Starr & Shane Strickland. (thanks to Timo Knopf)
- WXW World Tag Team League from yesterday in Oberhausen, Germany before 500 fans: Ilja Dragunov & Julian Negro b Absolute Andy & Marius Al-Ani, Pete Dunne b Francis Kaplan to retain the Shotgun title, Tyler Bate & Trent Seven b Jack Evans & Angelico, Zack Sabre Jr. & Marty Scurll d Chris Hero & JT Dunn over 30:00, Bad Bones John Klinger b Dirty Dragan, David Starr & Shane Strickland b Walter & Timothy Thatcher. The Sabre match was apparently incredible. (thanks to Timo Knopf)
- Dick Togo will be working the 5/11 Evolve show in Melrose, MA.
- Zack Sabre Jr. will wrestle Fred Yehi on the 10/15 Evolve show in Orlando and face Tracy Williams on the 10/16 Evolve show in Ybor City, FL.
- Southern Illinois Championship Wrestling from last night in Swansea, IL before 500 fans: Moondog Rover b Freddy Fury, Bobby D b Daniel Gunner, Ace Hawkins b Jimmy D, Ace Hawkins b Gary Jackson-DQ, Ron Powers NC Attila Khan, Curtis Wyld & Dave Vaughn b Sean Vincent & Big Jim Hoffarth, Ken Kasa b Waco. (thanks to Larry Matysik)
- Dreamwave Wrestling from last night in LaSalle, IL: Spears & Beers b The Dynasty to keep the tag titles, Little Guido b Joey Ryan, Stephen Wolfe won a four-way, Hammerstone b Jeff Cobb, Ariya Daivari b Arik Cannon, Ruffbecks b Brubaker & Rockett, Cody Rhodes b AR Fox (great reaction to both, back and forth good match), Suge D b Zicky Dice, Mustafa Ali b Mr. 450 Hammet in a great match to keep the Dreamwave title. Daivari attacked Ali after for the match. Rhodes said that AR Fox will be a massive star some day and deserves to be on Raw, Summerslam and WrestleMania. (thanks to Jared Walsh)
- The I Believe in Wrestling promotion has an iPPV on 10/15 at www.WWNLive.com for $4.99 with Larry Zbyszko and Mister Saint Laurent calling the action. Seth Petruzell, a WWE coach best known for knocking out Kimbo Slice on CBS, will make his pro wrestling debut on the show, plus Raquel (TNA) and Thea Trinidad (formerly in TNA) will be on the show.
- I Believe in Wrestling from last night in Orlando: CT Brown b Chico Adams, Thea Trinidad b Raquel, Teddy Stigma b Li Bryan, Tyranus & Leo O'Farrell & Ricky Anderson b JD Amazing & Rey Xion & Faris Sibai, Kaci Lennox b Raegen Fire, Aaron Epic b Jon Cruz, Rhett Giddins won three-way over Mike Reed and Jon Hess to keep the Florida title. Next show is 10/15 for a joint show with Evolve at the Dr. Smith Neighborhood Center. (thanks to Al Haft)
- Best in the West on 10/16 at 6 p.m. has a students show at their school at 5494 E Laoma Ave. in Fresno with tickets at $5. Best in the West now has local TV on KAIL-TV53 in Fresno at 10 p.m. on Sunday. They will be taping TV on 11/13 in Merced, CA at the American Legion Post. (thanks to Jon Southerland)
- Lucha Xtreme TV from last night i Fresno: Big Dogg & Skitzo b Chris Mira & Dark Usagi, Brandon Groom b Homicide. (thanks to Jon Southerland)
- The Big Guy (fka Ryback) will headlined on 10/30 for Revolution Pro Wrestling at the Portsmouth Guild Hall.
- The former Ryback is also booked on 10/14 in Cresskill, NJ and 10/15 in Brooklyn.
- Global Force Wrestling and Maximum Pro Wrestling last night in Timmmins, ONT before 550 fans: Phil Atlas b Idris Abraham, Joe Coleman b Tornado, Brent Banks b Tarek, Jeff Jarrett & Cody Deaner b The Fraternity, Sonjay Dutt retained his NextGen title Tyson Dux and Black Bushido, Cat Power & KC Spinelli b Lisa Marie Varon & Alexis Nicole, Chris Mordetzky (Chris Masters) b Kongo Kong in a falls count anywhere match.
- The complete Gold Rush Pro Wrestling show from last night here.
Today in Wrestling History (10/2): WWE Hell in a Cell 2011
- Poll opinions: Dave@WrestlingObsever.com
- Feedback: FeedBack@WrestlingObserver.com
- Show results and news tips: NewsTips@WrestlingObserver.com
- Wrestling Observer Radio questions: MailBag@WrestlingObserver.com