- WWE Main Event results: Cedric Alexander vs. T-Bar
- Pro wrestling returns to Mall of America at F1RST Wrestling Saturday Night Nitro
Latest Free YouTube Video:
Job Listing: Onlamp php/mysql developer. Experience with vbulletin and drupal/WordPress a plus. Email email@example.com with subject PHP DEVELOPER with resume.
This Week's Wrestling Observer Newsletter:
- September 12, 2022 Observer Newsletter: CM Punk, Kenny Omega, Young Bucks backstage altercation at AEW All Out
Details of Punk's latest injury
Details of Punk's broken foot, how it happened, and his recovery
Why more details about the suspension weren't announced on television
The suspensions and how the company is handling the backstage fight
Stories coming out about the fight that are clearly not true, motives to explain why things happened
More details about the press conference
More things that happened that haven't been reported
Where AEW goes from here
Full coverage of Clash at the Castle
Full coverage of AEW All Out
PPV and live numbers for both shows and what lessons can be taken
Notes from our two-hour interview with Tony Khan on AEW business
Keiji Muto retirement news
WWE Worlds Collide coverage
UFC makes debut in France with a great main event
Complete rundown of TV ratings of all the national shows plus how each segment did
CMLL Noche de Campeones card with fan voting on matches
Lucha Libre Dy cad at Arena Mexico
Five Star Grand Prix update
N-1 tournament finals and next major NOAH show
Movie on Ric Flair
Notes on Scottish Hall of Famer Ian Campbell
Thunder Rosa update
Update on AEW video game
Advance tickets for WWE & AEw shows
International TV ratings
WWE & AEW streaming numbers
Backstage fight in UFC
New executive hires in WWE as well as new contract details for the WWE big four execs
This Week's Retro Observer Newsletter:
- August 1, 2005 Obsever Newsletter: Muhammad Hassan character written off, Lord Alfred Hayes passes away
Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to firstname.lastname@example.org or by going to www.paypal.com directing funds to email@example.com.
Rates in the United States are $14.50 for 4 issues, $35.50 for 12, $70 for 24, $116 for 40 and $149.50 for 52.
In Canada and Mexico, the rates are $16 for 4, $27 for 8, $38.50 for 12, $76 for 24, $126 for 40 and $162.50 for 52.
For the rest of the world, rates are $18 for 4, $48.50 for 12, $93 for 24, $155 for 40 and $201.50 for 52.
If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order to P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228, you can get $1 off in every price range.
Sunday News Update
We have two weekend shows up. Garrett Gonzales and I talked all the news of he week on one show and Bryan and I ran down UFC and the weekend TV shows as well as the latest news.
Regarding last night's UFC 279, there was one big unanswered question. Dana White said the commission would not have allowed Nate Diaz, at 171, to face Khamzat Chimaev, at 178.5. But the commission did allow Li Jingliang, at 171, to face Daniel Rodriguez, at 180. And in the cage the two looked far more than nine pounds different.
Chimaev, who was one of the biggest heels I've seen in UFC, maybe even at the Matt Serra/Josh Koshcheck in Montreal facing GSP level, said he wants to still fight at 170 and can make weight. Dana White at the post-show press conference, said he thinks Chimaev should move to 185 pounds.
For Google searches, last night's show did 2.5 million searches, more than one million of which related to Diaz. That would indicate a good PPV number. AEW, which never cracks the top 20 unless it's the day of the PPV show, had C.M. Punk at No. 9 on Monday with 100,000 and at No. 16 on Wednesday with 50,000, the first related to the altercation and the second related to the first word being out that the triceps injury was serious. The other combat sports related placing for the week was Anderson Silva, at No. 13 on Tuesday, regarding his fight with Jake Paul.
Regarding the Li Jingliang vs. Daniel Rodriguez fight, it was a very controversial decision for Rodriguez. Judge Michael Ball had rounds two and three for Rodriguez. Judge Douglas Crosby has one and two for Rodriguez. Judge Ron McCarthy only had round one for Rodriguez. Almost every media score had 29-28 for Jingliang, with 92% scoring for him and 8% for Rodriguez.
We're looking for your thoughts on last night's UFC 279, so you can leave a thumbs up, thumbs down or thumbs in the middle along with a best and worst match to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are also looking for reports from these weekend shows:
Smackdown Friday in Seattle (dark matches only)
NXT on Friday in Jacksonville and Saturday in Orlando
WWE's house show tonight in Wenatchee, WA
New Japan tonight in Las Vegas for Strong tapings at Sam's Town.
We're looking for results, finishes and highlights to email@example.com
The Raw house show last night in Colorado Springs, CO:
- Street Profits b Alpha Academy
- A three-way match for 24/7 title saw Nikki ASH beat Dana Brooke to win the title, then Tamina pinned ASH and then Brooke beat Tamina and Brooke escaped with the belt
- Rey Mysterio b Austin Theory
- Bianca Belair & Asuka & Alexa Bliss b Bayley & Iyo Sky & Dakota Kai.
- Matt Riddle b Omos-DQ when MVP interfered
- Finn Balor & Damian Priest b A.J. Styles & Dolph Ziggler with help from Dominik Mysterio
- Bobby Lashley b The Miz in a street fight for the U.S. title. Tommaso Ciampa was interfering and helping Miz win the title, the lights went out and Dexter Lumis appeared and saved the title. Lashley put Ciampa and Miz through tables to win (thanks to Lupita Lara)
- The Smackdown house show last night in Spokane,WA:
- Usos b New Day to keep the tag titles
- Karrion Kross b Drew Gulak via crossjacket choke
- Shinsuke Nakamura b Happy Corbin via Kinshasa
- Aliyah & Raquel Rodriguez kept women's tag titles over Ronda Rousey & Shayna Baszler and Xia Li & Shotzi when Aliyah pinned Li
- Liv Morgan b Natalya to keep he women's title
- Sheamus & Butch & Ridge Holland b Gunther & Giovanni Vinci & Ludvig Kaiser via DQ
- Drew McIntyre b Sami Zayn in a street fight with the Claymore kick after putting him through a table
- (thanks to Ryan Millman and Jesse Carder)
Fallon Henley vs. Lash Legend has been added to Tuesday's NXT 2.0 first year anniversary card.
In the fans voting for Tuesday, this is how the balloting looks
For the stipulation in the Pretty Deadly vs. Creed Brothers tag title match, fans will vote for either a tornado match, a no DQ match or a cage match.
For the opponent for Carmelo Hayes for the North American title, fan swill vote on Wes Lee, Joe Gacy or Von Wagner.
A&E has no new content from WWE for a while now, but they are airing replays of Biographies tonight with Bill Goldberg at 8 p;m., Undertaker and 10 p.m. and Goldberg again at midnight.
For the New Japan show tonight in Las Vegas, as of this morning, there were 165 tickets left. Sam's Town was set up for 914. Tonight's card:
- Juice Robinson vs. Ren Narita
- QT Marshall vs. Shota Umino
- Doc Gallows vs. Che Cabrera
- Shingo Takagi vs. Rocky Romero
- Tomohiro Ishii vs. Tom Lawlor
- Mistico & Blake Christian vs. Mascara Dorada & Alex Zayne
- Jay White & Karl Anderson vs. Homicide & Wheeler Yuta
MCW from last night in Joppa, MD: Angel Alvarado won three-way over Alex Divine and Steve Fuerte, Trey Miguel (with Lio Rush in the corner) b Mike Walker, Robert Locke & Eric Martin b Diego Cruz & Lor Diaz, Mandy Leon b Zayuda Steel, Drolix & Chuck Lennox & Erick Redbeard b Jacobs Family, Tim Spriggs (a BJJ champion) b Killian McMurphy. Spriggs was a surprise replacement for Brandon Scott, Chris Bey b Myles Hawkins, Brian Johnson won an 11 man Bruiser Strong Rumble elimination match to become the new MCW champion.
Britain Hart (6-1) beat Charisa Sigala (1-3-1) to become the first Bare Knuckle Fighting strawweight champion last night in Great Falls, MT in the main event. Former UFC fighter Joe Riggs went to a no contest with Ken Dyer after Riggs was knocked down and unable to continue after an accidental headbutt.
KSW yesterday sold out Arena Otrow in Osrow Wielkopolski, Poland. Phil De Fries retained his heavyweight title for the seventh time in the main event with a submission in 4:11 over Ricardo Prasel. Tom Breese beat former Olympic wrestler Damian Janikowski with a guillotine at 1:55 of the second round. Janikowski was upset after the match saying that he never tapped out and Breese seemed open to a rematch.
GOUGE from last night in Raleigh, NC:
- Mecha Mercenary & Dirty Daddy b Bobby Wohlfert & Victor Andrews
- Snooty Fox & TKO b Mecha Mercenary & Dirty Daddy
- Snooty Fox & TKO b Viva La Smith to win the Gouge tag titles,
- Kaitlyn Marie & Glamor Boy Khan b Nina O'Rian & Chet Sterling,
- Waylon maze b Caribbean Tiger in a lumberjack match,
- TIM b Seymour Snott to keep the Gouge title.
- Next show is 9/24 at Clouds Brewery in Raleigh, NC.