- 'Undertaker: The Last Ride' bonus episode coming to WWE Network
- Bray Wyatt, Alexa Bliss segments set for WWE SmackDown
- AEW Dynamite ratings up, gets undisputed win over WWE NXT
- Impact Wrestling adds Rascalz open challenge to Slammiversary
- FREE WOL: AEW and NXT ratings, Extreme Rules, Slammiversary, tons of news! 7/17
- Wrestling Weekly: Wrestling with missed opportunities 7/17
- B&V: Bryan and Vinny review AEW and NXT head-to-head! 7/16
JOB LISTING: Web/UI Developer(s)
- Experience with OnLamp(Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP)
- GITHUB and Linux command line experience while be helpful as well.
- CMS - Drupal and Wordpress. vBulletin
- Possible experience with AWS(s3 specifically), Dreamhost, UI development
- Cloud based hosting experience a plus
While this is a diverse request this doesn't have to be just one person! If you fit any part of this please feel free to inquire.
This is not just for projects related to F4WOnline.
- Send all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org with title WEB DEVELOPER.
The first pro wrestling shows in four months with major crowds took place this past week as New Japan Pro Wrestling ran two major events at Osaka Jo Hall. Our lead story talks about the rules in place for the show, the Weekend of Evil, how the crowd was told to behave and how different it was than a U.S. or Mexico crowd, as well as a look at New Japan booking, the next major shows along with match-by-match coverage, star ratings and poll results for both shows.
The new issue also covers:
UFC 251, the story behind all the changes to the show, match-by-match coverage, where the main event winners go next and all the business notes on the show, including what you were told and what wasn't the case.
Reopening of Bellator and questions regarding its leading revenue stream.
Details on the WWE mask policy, the fines, the role of Kevin Owens in this and more.
Wednesday night ratings, looking at AEW, NXT, UFC and even how NASCAR figured in, where the viewers were gained and lost, as well as what every segment on the show did and some of the most staggering news imaginable when it comes to this past week's NXT show.
WWE Extreme Rules and Impact's Slammiversary shows coming up.
WWE and Peacock Network dealings, notes on SummerSlam this year, what numbers to look for at WWE Investors call, what factors play into the WWE Network numbers, Paul Levesque talks WWE handling of COVID, Edge talks his triceps injury, Why an angle on Raw nearly didn't happen when one of the participants turned it down, update on Charlotte Flair, Canadian & U.K. ratings, how WWE relates to sports ratings, Matt Hardy talks Jeff Hardy angle, as well as the most watched shows of the past week on the WWE Network, WWE market value and next week's top TV bouts.
A feature on the Wednesday night UFC show.
FITE TV bringing a Japanese wrestling doubleheader to the U.S. this coming week with Tokyo Joshi Pro and DDT.
Ratings of all the major shows, the key demos and quarters for AEW and WWE, what happened head-to-head and what can be learned from them.
Results of all the major pro wrestling events around the world over the past week.
ORDERING INFO: Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to email@example.com or by going to www.paypal.com directing funds to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rates in the United States are $14.50 for 4 issues, $35.50 for 12, $70 for 24, $116 for 40 and $149.50 for 52.
In Canada and Mexico, the rates are $16 for 4, $27 for 8, $38.50 for 12, $76 for 24, $126 for 40 and $162.50 for 52.
For the rest of the world, rates are $18 for 4, $48.50 for 12, $93 for 24, $155 for 40 and $201.50 for 52.
If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order to P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228, you can get $1 off in every price range.
FRIDAY NEWS UPDATE
Smackdown tonight has A.J. Styles vs. Matt Riddle for the IC title plus Bray Wyatt returns with a Firefly Fun House segment and Alexa Bliss introduces a mystery guest. This is the go-home show for Extreme Rules.
New Japan's Lion's Break Collision at 10 p.m. Eastern on New Japan World has Tom Lawlor vs. Rocky Romero and Karl Fredericks vs. Misterioso.
UFC runs from 7 p.m. to 1 a.m. tomorrow from Abu Dhabi:
Prelims on ESPN and ESPN+ at 7 p.m.
- Davi Ramos(156) vs. Arman Tsurukyan (156)
- Malcolm Gordon (135) vs. Amir Albazi (136)
- Brett Johns (136) vs. Montel Jackson (136)
- Joe Duffy (155.5) vs. Joel Alvarez (156)
- Grant Dawson (150) vs. Nad Narimani (150)
- Roman Dolidze (206) vs Khadis Ibragimov (206)
Main card at 10 p.m. only on ESPN+
- Alexandre Pantoja (125) vs. Askar Askarov (126)
- Ariane Lipski (126) vs. Luana Carolina (126)
- Marc Diakiese (156) vs. Rafael Fiziev (156)
- Jack Hermansson (186) vs. Kelvin Gastelum (186)
- Deiveson Figueiredo (125) vs. Joseph Benavidez (125) for vacant flyweight title
Everyone made weight as Dawson vs. Narimani was agreed to as a catch weight fight at 150.
The Miz's show Cannonball did 592,000 viewers last night and 0.21 in 18-49. That's a 23 percent drop from week one.
The Stampede Corral in Calgary, which used to air major shows for Stampede Wrestling, will be started to be demolished next month. It's being demolished to make way for an expanded convention center. The usual Friday night Stampede shows were at the Pavilion, which held just under 2,000 fans. But they would run occasional bigger shows at the Corral, which held 7,000, during the 60s, 70s and 80s. (thanks to Ryan Pike)
The New York Times talks about the death of Hana Kimura.
- Some Extreme rules odds (thanks to 5 Dimes and wweleaks.org Bray Wyatt -230 vs. Braun Strowman +170 Drew McIntyre -1850 vs. Dolph Ziggler +900 Apollo Crews -380 vs. MVP +260 Rey Mysterio +200 vs. Seth Rollins -280 Asuka -350 vs. Sasha Banks +250 Nikki Cross +350 vs. Bayley -530
- You can also bet on whether Raw will average more than 1.7 million viewers on Monday.
- Dolph Ziggler talks about his early career as a caddy and a Spirit Squad member.
- Asuka says she wants a match with Rhea Ripley.
- Jordan Espinosa vs. David Dvorak has been added to the 9/19 UFC 253 PPV show
- The ROH Hana Kimura tribute TV show airs this weekend featuring Kimura vs. Sumie Sakai, Kimura & Hazuki & Kagetsu & Kelly Klein vs. Tenille Dashwood & Sakai & Jenny Rose & Mayu Iwatani, Kimura & Kagetsu vs. Rose & Iwatani and Rose & Kagetsu & Hazuki vs. Stella Gray & Kimura & Sakai.
- MLW tomorrow on Bein Sports and YouTube has matches from the early 00s with Satoshi Kojima defending the MLW title against Jerry Lynn, Chris Candido vs. Terry Funk, plus Steve Williams & PJ Friedman.
- Giulia faces Tam Nakano for the vacant Wonder of Stardom title on 7/26 at Korakuen Hall. The semi finals were earlier today with Giulia beating Konami and Nakano beating Natsuko Tora.
- Canek Jr., the son of Canek, on Facebook noted that his grandmother, Nelly, the mother of Canek, Principe Maya, Perro del Ring, and El Danes I & II has just passed way. (thanks to William Beltran of Super Luchas)
- Invicta on 7/30 in Kansas City on UFC Fight Pass has Janaisa Morandin (10-3) vs. Montserrat Ruiz (8-1) for the vacant strawweight title. It will be an empty arena show.
- There is controversy in Waukesha, WI over a Brew City Wrestling show at the Elks Lodge No. 400 after a 6/20 show attracted 300 fans. There are no restrictions in the county regarding a live event although country officials have asked organizations to voluntarily limit events with 100 people indoors for social gatherings. Waukesha Mayor Shawn Reilly called the shows indoors at this time a bad idea. Covid Tracers United noted attendance figures in the past and noted there will be a show tonight run by Frankie DeFalco in Twin Lakes, WI. DeFalco said he has shows tonight and tomorrow and that his company has had a spotless record for 16 1/2 years. (thanks to Mike Kuzmuk)
- Synergy Pro Wrestling presents the 2020 Garden State Invitational on 7/25 with an eight-man tournament live on FITE TV at 7 pm. with Matt Cross,Simon Gotch,Tony Deppen, Gregory Iron, Myron Reed, Jordan Oliver, KTB and Gary Jay.
- PWA in Australia announced a Code of Conduct, grievance procedures and social media policy have been put in place. They haven't released any of the details publicly and there's been no comments regarding the status of investigations into performers or staff who have had allegations against them. They also announced an 8/8 return with a live-streamed empty arena show from their training facility. (thanks to Kevin Chiat)
- EPW in Australia postponed a 7/25 show due to Western Australia's Phase 5 opening being pushed back to 8/1 and to give the promotion more time to establish new procedures.
- Suplex Pro Wrestling on 7/25 in New South Wales has an empty arena show.
- Steph DeLander was pulled from the 7/24 Wrestle Rampage show in Adelaide due to borders being closed between New South Wales and South Australia.
- ONE on 7/31 runs an empty arena show in Bangkok, Thailand with Rodtang Jitmaungnon defending the flyweight muay thai championship against Petchdam.
- OVW Wrestling and Devotion Championship Wrestling are forming a partnership and working together.
Daily Pro Wrestling History: CM Punk wins WWE title at Money in the Bank 2011
- Poll opinions: email@example.com
- Feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Show results and news tips: email@example.com
- Wrestling Observer Radio questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Support the Empire~! with F4W shirts. Grab yours today